PDA

View Full Version : Dellorto or Webber !?

Nick
14-11-04, 11:22 PM
I'm about to purchase some Twin carbs to run on a 1.6 GSi lump. I'm familier with webbers but i've been offered some DHLA Twin Dellorto's !

I've heard somewhere that the Dellorto's have a better Fuel Atomisation characteristics ? but are not as good on fuel consumption.

can anyone shed some light on the difference, advantages and disadvantages !

Thanks

Stuart
15-11-04, 09:52 AM
Webbers are more widely supported and easier to get aprts for etc. dellortoes are a bit better in terms of adjustability etc but not as easy to get support for (ie tuning etc)

madcodling
15-11-04, 01:12 PM
cambridge is right.there is no comparism between the two.i have got a book HOW TO BUILD AND POWER TUNE WEBER AND DELLORTO CARBS so if there is anything u need 2 no then ill be glad 2 help.the reason why weber is known more is because they were made in the early 50s and dellorto never came out till the late 60s. it is a lot easier to get parts for the webers though

Nick
15-11-04, 05:44 PM
Ah cool thanks ppl.

My local motorsport shop can get me dellorto bits so i guess it'l be ok !

They look in good nick at the mo, so they should last ! hopefully :-D

were abouts would you recommend me to go to get the carbs set up !?

does it NEED to be a RR, and how much would i be looking at ?

Snowface
15-11-04, 05:46 PM
its not hard to get parts for Dellorto's. They got a main dealer + all good r/r with have parts in stock.

i'm happy with mine.

Dellorto's are a newer design to Weber.

Basically they are an improved version. hence the better fuel attomisation.

DrivingSpanner
15-11-04, 07:15 PM
i've heard some rumours that webbers have shut down, our engine builder at work hasnt been able to get any parts from them for about 3+ months!!!

burgo
15-11-04, 07:29 PM
you should be able to set them up on your drive to run fine, a rolling road session would allow you to get them perfect though

MechaT
15-11-04, 09:07 PM
I've got the same book! Invluable.
As everyone has said, they both just as good.
Eurocarb can get parts for both makes and they always deliver promptly.

Nick
15-11-04, 09:12 PM
ok, well the kit im getting has everything with it, alternator bracket, belt, throttle linkage n cable e.t.c even a 1.6 manifold.

All the extra kit is by Magolesti ? or something similar. i'm not familier with this brand, is it any good ?