PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think?!

Chelle
14-11-04, 08:09 PM
Here are a couple pics of my Nov

Tell me what you think :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/nov4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/mycar1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/nov1.jpg

Still to get:

New rear bumper, new skirts (both a lot bigger so that the car is all on one level seeing as the front bumper is so low..), private number plate, flush boot and 17s 8)

Oh yeah and I hate the wing mirrors so they are coming off and standard nov ones going on

Also the second pic is really old.. no more stickers on it :lol: :lol:

scott.parker
14-11-04, 08:21 PM
Not bad would look better if you replace that front bumper with say a bat motorsport 2 bumper,this would work out cheaper then buying new side skirts and rear bumper,adn i allso think it would look better,as i thnik them jap/kingdom type front dont look right,they stick out too far..

Anyway wellcome to nl and enjoy :D

scott

Chelle
14-11-04, 08:31 PM
I was not keen on the front bumper to start with but its grown on me and is different so have decided to keep it.

I bloody hate seeing cars with big front bumpers then tiny rear bumper or other way round I like everything to be equal and level :-D

But the biggest bumper I can find that'll make the car level is the fusion one.. so was considering gettin that and then gettin bigger skirts and then that way because it'll all be soooo low then I'd get the 17s as well and it would look pretty mental

Fester
14-11-04, 09:00 PM
Tasty motor! Wasn't this Mark D's? I think he had the other Kingdom bumper on it if I remember right.

5_door owner
14-11-04, 09:08 PM
Oh yeah and I hate the wing mirrors so they are coming off and standard nov ones going on

how much will ya be after for the one's that are on the car at the mo?

car looks mint, but please dont fit a fusion rear to it as it will definately not go with the jap styled front have you thought of a magnum rear?

pic of magnum rear;
http://www.corsacentre.com/Products/NovaMagnumKitRear.jpg

i think that'd look a lot better than the roundness of the fusion.

scott.parker
14-11-04, 09:16 PM
Well i know they have started to make this one now for the nova,(sorry about useing some ones sig,it just made it easyer) :lol:

http://www.stuartbrooks.co.uk/images/steph/sig.jpg

should look good.

scott

Jules
14-11-04, 09:26 PM
That would look so sweet with a colour coded GSi bumper on those wheels.

scott.parker
14-11-04, 09:29 PM
That would look so sweet with a colour coded GSi bumper on those wheels.

Well it's true mate but i dont think she is going to.

Oh and if she had some black mulltispoke alloys it would look like jim's :P

scott

5_door owner
14-11-04, 09:46 PM
heres a pic of the nova one scott.

http://www.ultimate-velocity.co.uk/Bodykit%20pictures/Vauxhall/Nova/P1010002.jpg

tis the ultimate-velocity one, id quite like the front bumper out of the kit for my kitted beast as its the only one thatll go with the rear bumper i bought off Al.

Riggy
14-11-04, 09:49 PM
car looks nice

welcome to NL :D

scott.parker
14-11-04, 09:54 PM
See if (i say if cus im not) if i was going to do another kitted nova that rear and my old fron would made a nice nova kit,in a big bumper jap style kindda way,lol

But then i have out grown the kitted nova's,so it's not going to happen.. :D

I would rather waste my money on the engine,and perfomance..

scott

Col_Mk1
14-11-04, 10:12 PM
nice car

Glytch
14-11-04, 10:12 PM
Its a nice car Chelle, vary tasty.
I agree that the BAT one is better but urs has that ggrrrrrr look.
think you should paint the calipers black as well, the red ones stick out like a sore thumb.
If you some performance stuff under there and want to show them off and therfore have to paint them then id go with silver.

krobinson
14-11-04, 10:27 PM
Put a GSI front on, and it would be perfect..

Then get some nice pics of you semi naked over the bonnet ;)

Keith

Nick
14-11-04, 10:47 PM
Awaits broody's post....

Expect to see your inbox full of PM's soon !

I too agree that it would look very nice with a GSi kit, Maybe even lower... -80mm ?

but if you like that jap front bumper, then you may as well do the rest of the car to match !

~~joycey~~
15-11-04, 04:27 PM
i'd stick with a fusion back bumper

oh and welcome to NL :lol:

Barn
15-11-04, 06:10 PM
car looks really nice

well mean in black...with the tints etc

the plans sound good too

:+: :)

Chelle
16-11-04, 01:21 PM
Fester - I bought the car off my mate Ben, he had it 2 years

5_door - The magnum rear is not bad like but i still think it'll be too small, maybe it might be big enough with my splitter?
P.S I'd sell the mirrors for a tenner or a fiver if I was given standard mirrors for them as well

I had an idea of gettin other skirts blended into the ones i already have?! If I get a really big rear bumper. That way it'll look mega low it'll be mean as fcuk

I think the gsi bodykit is a bit plain, its nice, but i like the whole mean GRRR look lol oh and I HATE black alloys with a passion

a11ova
16-11-04, 01:33 PM
Looks well nice but agree it needs a new back bumper! Not too sure what i would go with tho. As for wheels and suspension, i would go for a set avo coilovers and a nice set shadow chrome rims with skinny as **** rubber

:twisted: :twisted:

gaz_nofx46
16-11-04, 02:38 PM
It does look ok, but i'm really not into the whole oversized bumper kind of thing.

When you look at the car from the side, it certainly dosn't make the bumper blend into the whole car.

Obviously you like your bodykits, but don't you think the car would have an all over 'smoother' feel with a GSi kit? Even the Abyss bumpers still make the car look smoother.

Chelle
16-11-04, 03:32 PM
Well I REALLY like the fusion front bumper I was considering just getting that and the fusion rear as well but not sure I'd miss the edgy look that the car has now and would probably not be happy with it anymore though.. so I've to be careful what I do!!

The only thing I dont like about the front bumper is that its not been fitted very well, if it had been then it would look much better

Ah fook knows lol I like that front bumper its cool its a little bit different and if I got a different one the car would just blend in with everyone elses and I'd hate that

So the bumpers staying and I'm just gonna have to match the rest of the car by gettin bigger skirts and rear :D

Chelle
16-11-04, 03:49 PM
I am considering selling her though I've got to admit. Cause I could have a 2yr old car for the same insurance lol

I'd miss her so much though cause she's great

Ben
16-11-04, 04:03 PM
Hello and welcome.

your car goes against everything i like about Nova's.

Fester
16-11-04, 04:19 PM
Feature Link (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=370)

Was sure I remembered it! Saw it a few years back in the North East, Mark put loads into it, still looking good.

Chelle
16-11-04, 04:20 PM
That's a shame :lol:

Each to there own and all that 8)

Nick
16-11-04, 05:44 PM
in a way, the fact that the bumper is SOOO extreme, kinda makes it fit in.

I hate those kits that are just evo bumpers or something, they kinda fit, but you can tell it's not meant to be. It's like the owners have tried to make it look like part of the car, when it's blatently not.

At least with this bumper, it looks nothing like the car, and it isn't trying to fit in. It's just sitting there on it's big fat arse.

if you kitted it up like that, and stuck my rims on, even lower, and then kept everything else subtle i think it'd look kinda good....

still better with a GSi kit tho !

Mel
16-11-04, 08:49 PM
Well. Love the colour, but sorry, hate the front bumper.

Keep it simple..oh.. and mk1 it! :lol:

Welcome to the site btw. Mk1's are the future! :wink:

epo
16-11-04, 08:55 PM
how do and welcome

imo the fusion rear bumper is the most worst looking bumper ive ever seen

id rather have one made out of cardboard than that but each to his own

novalew
16-11-04, 09:12 PM
i like your car but then again i would

Nice to meet u anyhow

Have fun modifying 8) 8)

5_door owner
16-11-04, 09:30 PM
5_door - The magnum rear is not bad like but i still think it'll be too small, maybe it might be big enough with my splitter?
P.S I'd sell the mirrors for a tenner or a fiver if I was given standard mirrors for them as well

nice1 jus gimme a pm when your up for sellin em and ill see if i've got any standard mirrors knockin about. (i think i have a standard plasticy grey coloured pair and some matt black ones somewhere lol) :+:

Jim
16-11-04, 10:07 PM
Hell, welcome to the site.

Until you get some large wheels, a rear bumper and some side skirts, that front bumper is always going to look out of place in my opinion.

If you're going to sell it, then dont bother spending any more money on it.

Jim

P.S.

I HATE black alloys with a passion

Like you say, each to their own :P

Chelle
16-11-04, 10:22 PM
Well you can have more than just the mirrors lol you can have the whole car cause I am selling

Want a new car, I'll miss it though, great car :cry:

Nick
16-11-04, 10:26 PM
hmm that pic makes u look like britney !

sorry i just had to post it.

how much you selling it for ?

Chelle
17-11-04, 12:24 PM
ha ha that's the second time I've been told I look like Britney in that pic!
I'll post up another pic at some point and show you I don't look like her :P

Jim - I'm not buying anything else for the car cause I've made up my mind I'm selling.

j829nick -

?1600 o.n.o
Black Vauxhall Nova H reg(1989)
1.4 SRi
5 Speed Manual
SRi Engine with ported, polished and skimmed head
Pipercross filter
PMC exhaust
GMAX Suspension
Lowered 60mil back and 40mil front
Zender skirts smoothed into back quarters and front wings
Front wings pulled out and rolled
GSi vents in bonnet
Type K front bumper
Tinted windows
Vitaloni californian style mirrors
15" Tigra Alloys
Electric windows
Leather covered seats
De-locked
Central locking
GENUINE REASON FOR SALE!!

Also I am paying for the car to get a general check over next week then if anything needs done I will pay for it to get done then I will put it up for sale

Chelle
18-11-04, 02:07 PM
She aint for sale anymore hehe 8)

~~joycey~~
18-11-04, 05:04 PM
why
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Chelle
19-11-04, 07:42 PM
Cause I like the car too much and I'd HATE to see someone else with it

*novadose*
21-11-04, 01:18 AM
second worst thing in that world that, jealous women. second only to period blood :|

PLEASE get a GSi bumper, smooth it off and colour code it, the type K bumper is poo! Other than that it's spot on.....

joeontherun
21-11-04, 01:26 AM
what a nice nova curently doing mines up hope the finishing product looks nice like that tops ;)

my front bumper changed now like yours and got my interier leatherd out but i like the way that front bumper sticks out and says HELLO!!! lol

Nova-Flair
21-11-04, 02:04 PM
Tasty motor! Wasn't this Mark D's?

yeah it is. he used to live a couple of miles away, its a very tasty car in the flesh! is it still a 1400???

Chelle
24-11-04, 01:02 PM
second worst thing in that world that, jealous women. second only to period blood :|

PLEASE get a GSi bumper, smooth it off and colour code it, the type K bumper is poo! Other than that it's spot on.....

Doesn't mean I'm jealous, the boy who sold it to me didn't want to see it go!!

Lots of people aren't going to be happy about selling their car and seeing someone else drive it - doesn't mean they're jealous! They just miss something that they liked!!

Here's some advice dude if you don't like "period blood" then tell the girl to go get the injection and then she'll never get periods/period pains/pmt ever again :D

No, I'm keeping the front bumper and have decided on the fusion rear - which I know everyone hates - and then gettin big skirts 8)

what a nice nova curently doing mines up hope the finishing product looks nice like that tops ;)

my front bumper changed now like yours and got my interier leatherd out but i like the way that front bumper sticks out and says HELLO!!! lol

ha ha you rock :D

I did a photoshop of her with some nice big alloys on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/17s.jpg

NICE :twisted:

yeah it is. he used to live a couple of miles away, its a very tasty car in the flesh! is it still a 1400???

It's got a new engine in it now nothing special just a 1.4 sri ha ha ooh such a change :lol:

a11ova
24-11-04, 02:14 PM
you can go bigger than that with the wheels :P

:twisted: :twisted: (sorry denny couldn't ressist)

Mike.
24-11-04, 06:32 PM
welcome to nl, nice car but i'm not to sure about the front bumper

but hey its your car and this is my opinion :)

GT-Dub
24-11-04, 06:44 PM
Again, I like the Front Bumper But the rest of the car isnt too my liking...

:lol:

probert_nova
24-11-04, 11:09 PM
i bought the fusion rear about a year ago coz i liked the style of bumber, but i reckon when its fitted it just doesn't fit the squarenes of the car. iv'e now bought the ultimate velocicty rear, same style but more square.

heres a pic of my fusion rear bumper now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/000_0001.jpg

i had to chop it up to help fit the new bumper :D

heres a pic of my car with the uv bumper on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/novarearcentral.jpg

its the crapest fit ever but once on it does look good

Nick
24-11-04, 11:11 PM
somones written nova on your bumper..

:lol: :lol:

scott.parker
24-11-04, 11:25 PM
somones written nova on your bumper..

:lol: :lol:

You pleb thats where it has been wrote on by the ppl who sold it... :lol:

But yeah i think if your going kitted do that one they look well nice.

scott

probert_nova
24-11-04, 11:33 PM
:lol:

Matt Nova
25-11-04, 12:17 AM
gsi front bumper with a splitter no bodykits. black novas look better without them :D

Chelle
25-11-04, 11:39 AM
:o

Probert I WANT that rear bumper!!!!!!!

where do you get it and how much cause that would go PERFECTLY with my plans!!

Spankin you kindly :)

probert_nova
25-11-04, 05:53 PM
www.ultimate-velocity.co.uk

0116 2662822

you can check out there add in max power aswell.

a11ova
25-11-04, 06:59 PM
:o

Probert I WANT that rear bumper!!!!!!!

where do you get it and how much cause that would go PERFECTLY with my plans!!

Spankin you kindly :)

expect to have to fettle with it a lot, they dont fit too well! 8)

will look well sweet tho, will complement the front nicely!

Chelle
25-11-04, 09:15 PM
Yeah I noticed on that pic once I took a second look that it was a bit funny on the car but we'll see!! The fusion one seems to fit nicer?

Fook knows ha ha

rednova
26-11-04, 12:18 AM
hi - im sure my mate used to own that car before the previous owner - has it got 3 rear headrests?

phil

newcastle

probert_nova
26-11-04, 12:30 AM
the bumper isnt fixed to anything in the pic

i started fitting the bumper today and its not as bad a fit as i thought.

a guy on here called rob fitted one

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2094

he's also put a guide in the styling forum under ultimate velocity, on how to fit it.

the fusion bumper i had came with fittings but i didn't think it was a brilliant fit (seemed to be on the pi*s).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/probert_nova/000_0026.jpg

jus my opinion

a11ova
26-11-04, 12:57 AM
i know rob, he lives round the corner from me. He's at uni now. Heard he sold his nova tho :? not sure for definate tho 8)