PDA

View Full Version : Events, meetings pages on NL

krobinson
13-11-04, 11:53 PM
I've noticed that over the last few years, the events etc pages dont get updated on NL. These are the pages that kept me coming back to NL when i was 17, and what eventually made me enter chat and the forum.

Who used to take the pics for it? Is there anychance that we can somehow update it from 2005 onwards? It would be nice to have pics of all our car's from the show's listed on the events pages once again, build back up a bit of history for NL.

Thoughts and opinions?

Keith

Al Wilson
13-11-04, 11:56 PM
Sounds a good idea to start it again. It was around before my time on here but definitely be good to see cars at the shows and events (as well as top class rollcages lol!) It will be a showcase!

Al

-Bruce-
13-11-04, 11:57 PM
i agree with you keith, would be nice to get some pics of peoples cars at shows etc.

bruce

ade
14-11-04, 12:08 AM
reminds me of a conversation I had with Ian at Trax this year (and last year for that matter lol)

Would be nice to have a "proper" stand - regular quality cars with a marque, sign (the ones you wedge under a front wheel) and a decent display of motors rather than other cars from other sites/cruise boards invading the pitch

:|

Wouldnt take much work - I think most "regular" users of NL wouuldnt mind paying a yearly subscription to help pay for some of the stuff and with the skills we have between us we could make a decent job of it for minimal cost.

It just takes a bit of organising - and time

I always kept meaning to do some guides for the site (and have written a few in styling of prep etc) based on my last rebuild but aint got round to it so far

Guess thats the problem aint it...

:roll:

BigRuss
14-11-04, 12:35 AM
Got to be honest I had the same conversation with Ian at Trax too.

We were in a good spot at Silverstone but I only knew it was the NL stand as I recognised some of the cars whilst driving over the bridge!!

It was My 1st (But not My last) meeting with NL so I was not in a position to have a go at the people that invaded our area, remember that Gay Pink Corsa? Who the hell was he??

I'd gladly donate to a fund for some banners/flags/big gazebo/marquee.

scott.parker
14-11-04, 04:46 AM
Got to be honest I had the same conversation with Ian at Trax too.

We were in a good spot at Silverstone but I only knew it was the NL stand as I recognised some of the cars whilst driving over the bridge!!

It was My 1st (But not My last) meeting with NL so I was not in a position to have a go at the people that invaded our area, remember that Gay Pink Corsa? Who the hell was he??

I'd gladly donate to a fund for some banners/flags/big gazebo/marquee.

remember that Gay Pink Corsa?...that was keithes mate,that brought him over,lol

scott

krobinson
14-11-04, 11:34 AM
It wasnt pink! It was a carbarric blue GSI! lol

Keith

Ian
14-11-04, 12:42 PM
the amount of tickets sold from nl was very poor sso we had to allow stes dark cruisers lot to have tickets to enable us to have a large enough stand

subscription...i dont think enough people would pay up

marquees etc etc can be sorted but without the turn out theres no point

Ian
14-11-04, 12:44 PM
posh flags like corsasport can be done but cost ?200

Ste_Nova
14-11-04, 03:11 PM
the amount of tickets sold from nl was very poor sso we had to allow stes dark cruisers lot to have tickets to enable us to have a large enough stand

yup.... all the peeps that came with me bought NL driver passes... even the passengers... thats how we ended up with so much room :lol:

i can supply marquees... i had this setup at modded nationals

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/106-0644_IMG.jpg

benji
14-11-04, 05:30 PM
pv was a good turnout, dunno why trax was soo poor. maybe because it's a chav show. like max live and all the other crap,

Philsutton
14-11-04, 05:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/106-0644_IMG.jpg
the amount of times i went past this marquees to go for p**s lol, I also remember following you as you nailed it into a crowd of people sending people flying. Left room for me to get through though

scott.parker
14-11-04, 05:41 PM
It wasnt pink! It was a carbarric blue GSI! lol

Keith

Woops i was a but drunk when i read it though it said gay prick...LMAO :lol:

scott

Ste_Nova
14-11-04, 06:12 PM
I also remember following you as you nailed it into a crowd of people sending people flying. Left room for me to get through though

i didn't hit anyone.... so thats ok :lol:

burgo
14-11-04, 07:53 PM
id happily pay a subscription if NL become a proper club!!

also if i could get to all the meets id happily be the photographer aswell, ive always thought im god with a camera!!!

Glytch
14-11-04, 10:30 PM
I'd be happy to lend my talents but as for paying a fee though, dunno I'm kinda new here, I appreciate it costs to host the site etc and it is an excellent resource so I guess it would be worth it.

Riggy
14-11-04, 11:04 PM
as said b4 id happily pay a subscription for NL

could have a free trail period to see if you like it then pay a fee , would get rid of alot of un-needed people

burgo
15-11-04, 12:09 AM
or you could work it as the members get the priority of the stand passes and things like that

NOVA_GTEUK
15-11-04, 12:48 AM
Why not have a poll to see who would be willing to pay a yearly fee of say ?10.00..all the members on here would be plenty off money to maybe purchase a marquee...banners...maybe leaflets...just an idea :D

Im not well known on here but i love novas...ill never have another car...well i hope not...and im willing to pay a yearly fee towards membership...id rather go to events with people who have the same interests as me rather than go with sw-cc lol :lol:

Phill 8)

burgo
15-11-04, 12:49 AM
a poll is all very good but i can see why ian is hesitent. most people will vote yes on the poll and it will be alot of people but then try and get the money out of them!!!

Riggy
15-11-04, 12:52 AM
yeah like the rollin road day that we tryed to organise :D

burgo
15-11-04, 01:03 AM
a novaload paypal account would be a good idea, people could make donations, pay for subscription and the NL might be put to use more if there was an easy way of paying for things. ive always fancied one of the t-shirts with me member name on it but cant be assed to find me check book and find the address to send it to and all the bollocks.

benji
15-11-04, 07:42 AM
a novaload paypal account would be a good idea, people could make donations, pay for subscription and the NL might be put to use more if there was an easy way of paying for things. ive always fancied one of the t-shirts with me member name on it but cant be assed to find me check book and find the address to send it to and all the b******s.

http://www.novaload.net/content/donate.php

burgo
15-11-04, 06:47 PM
:oops: well i didnt know did i

Stuart
15-11-04, 07:04 PM
ive had ideas, ive looked at prices etc and in a short while i shall have them all written down and proposed to the admin team and others whom may be involved with my cunning weasel plans etc.

be patient my car monkeys

ade
17-11-04, 10:25 PM
any kit would need to be kept with the "regular" show goers. Cambridge could store it in the boat - might lose a couple of bits in the taridis thats the boot mind :lol: (only kiddin - or am I!)

Some of us have probs getting to many events due to distance (ie fecking Scotland!)

However for the "big" shows in the summer/mid Spring I intend to turn up (once my Novas been built).

This year - I think most had other plans or their cars werent up to show spec.

I'm interested in the Weasels plans ... and would happily lend a hand...

:wink:

DrivingSpanner
18-11-04, 09:11 AM
yep i wouldnt mind paying a small fee/rent/sub what eva you want to call it!!!
Also we have just got a sticker cutting machine at work so if i could help with anything like that i will... think on lads

Aragorn
18-11-04, 12:49 PM
if u set it up like mig web then ppl who dont want to pay can still use the website as they do now.

they just dont get access to club facilities like show passes etc and there are slight restrictions on certain sections of their site (im sure the guides are locked to members only now)

and it works well

u sign up and pay your ?20 - in return u get a welcome pack with some flyers a nice sticker for your car and some other stuff.

They also have tshirts available for ppl to buy etc too

proper club standing would also enable us to get proper stand at billing too im sure?

Ben
18-11-04, 12:51 PM
I would much rather pay to join a NL member club than Mig.

Dpnova
18-11-04, 02:13 PM
like said before i will pay for a membership

scott.parker
18-11-04, 05:38 PM
if u set it up like mig web then ppl who dont want to pay can still use the website as they do now.

they just dont get access to club facilities like show passes etc and there are slight restrictions on certain sections of their site (im sure the guides are locked to members only now)

and it works well

u sign up and pay your ?20 - in return u get a welcome pack with some flyers a nice sticker for your car and some other stuff.

proper club standing would also enable us to get proper stand at billing too im sure?

Spot on this is the best way i think also,as i wouldnt pay to join mig as it's"multi" car club..

And he's right on the billing part,nova load can not go unless it's a recognised club..

So i think it is worth the money to have NL as a true car club for novas only...as there is not a true nova's only club left!

scott

Glytch
18-11-04, 10:40 PM
I would much rather pay to join a NL member club than Mig.

I 2nd that!

Stuff what I said earlier.

I'd be happy to pay a membership, Vauxhall Nova club, take part in the stands, I'll have some of that!

Onhe condition though: you all help me out with this :D
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101911

-Bruce-
19-11-04, 10:38 AM

and it works well

Spot on this is the best way i think also,as i wouldnt pay to join mig as it's"multi" car club..

And he's right on the billing part,nova load can not go unless it's a recognised club..

So i think it is worth the money to have NL as a true car club for novas only...as there is not a true nova's only club left!

scott

yeh i also agree with aragorn,

think that would work well if there were locked forums for members only and the normal forum for the users that did not want to be a novaload member.

would be great to be a true club so we could get stands at billing etc. not even a marquee would be necessary just afew banners and maybe a small gazebo.

but i would deffo join up to novaload if it was a real club.

bruce

benji
19-11-04, 05:36 PM
i'd join, but surly theres a reason png changed to pvg,

burgo
19-11-04, 06:52 PM
they have been testing a member forum already, i think this is just a case of when its gonna happen not if

scott.parker
19-11-04, 06:57 PM
i'd join, but surly theres a reason png changed to pvg,

Ah but at the time png was formed mate you have to think how many people had the internet? not a lot i would say,so they wer ok back then as a lot off young driver wer into the nova (just as there is in the saxo now)
so it worked well but as numbers declind off novas and members they had to make it mulit car based club to keep it alive and going...

But the pvg has just changed over to an internet based club,they have gaind more members recently,and this way the member ship fee has decreesed to ?6,where as it was ?20..ok you loose the club group news every other mounth,but you gain so much more..

Well as novaload has been going for a whiel and it has die hard members,whitch out nember pvg club members alone,i think it could be done as a club,there is enough people out there willing to join,if it is set up right at a good price and run by members and member input it should thrive......it's not in are hands,well yet! :D

scott

benji
19-11-04, 08:11 PM
i joined pvg this week. ?6 is worth it just for the cheaper trackdays. if novaload could be done like that it would be very good. the problem is getting enough members who will come to every event

MechaT
19-11-04, 09:16 PM
I asked someone in admin about becoming a club and having official events (dyno's, track days, etc) a few months ago, but got a polite negative response. I can see his point though.
I think the problem is there are a few serious enthusiasts on here. But there's also a whole load of bullshitters who are all gonna turbo their cars, go to Dyno days/track days, and pay for membership - but it never amounts to anything.

Mike
20-11-04, 05:45 PM
mechaT, fink about it? if all the die hard members pay a subscrption fee, Admin can go throught all the members who join, post 1 reply then fcuk off, and erease there accounts thus saving server space! :D

only the paying members should be able to feature there car on this site and be able to gain acess to all the forums/reveiws and guides etc. :wink:

thats my theory any way :?:

Chris
20-11-04, 05:54 PM
It would be really nice to have Novaload as an offical club type thing. It is all very easy people saying why not do it, other people are doing it etc. I am not having a rant but you need to think who is going to run it? Ian puts a lot of time in organising stands at shows and taking money, ordering tickets etc. He was struggling to get enough cars at trax for a big stand so had to sell a few off. If NL was to become a proper club and people bought membership and the time came round to a show and we didnt get many requests for stand passes then we would get small space allocation and people would be disappointed, when they look over at Mig and PVG (for similar membership costs) who have more members so would get more space at shows.

Sorry about the length, just my feelings on the thought.

Chris

Rach
20-11-04, 05:56 PM
well said

:D

Mike
20-11-04, 05:59 PM
true, things are easier said then done

a11ova
20-11-04, 06:09 PM
I am a member of the pvg group but the idea of joining an 'enthusiast' club which is dedicated to the nova is appealing. If there was to be come a NL club then my name would be down! I have had nova's since i could drive (bar one, a clio) and love them to bits and i would say im pretty hardcore when it comes to novas!

:twisted: :twisted:

Ste_Nova
20-11-04, 06:14 PM
He was struggling to get enough cars at trax for a big stand so had to sell a few off.

they were never sold... i bought them up front

Chris
20-11-04, 06:17 PM
apologies. But he was still struggling to sell them to NL members at first. Maybe it was the wrong time of year with people away on holiday