PDA

View Full Version : A new addition to the family!

ade
13-11-04, 11:18 PM
As most of you know my other half rolled her 1 yr old MG ZR into a field in some appauling conditions (see further back for pics).

Anyway - the insurance did us proud and coughed up a healthy return on our written off 1 yr old (only ?900 less than we paid for it :D )

So we took a trip to motorpoint (www.motorpoint.co.uk) for a wee nosey to see whats about - with no intention of purchasing anything!

:lol:

Wife went with the intention of looking at a 1.6 Seat Leon - nothing fancy - just a strong reliable motor - couple of yrs old low mileage etc...

Budget was ?10k tops

3 hours later, walks out of the showroom the proud owner of a 10 month old Volvo S40 2ltr Sport - 3,000 miles on the clock, with full factory fitted option pack - including full leather interior (including headed seats), black wood trim on dash, doors and steering wheel which is also leather, 6 cd multi changer, lowered suspension, 16" alloys and engine tweeks.

Its Terra Grey in colour (gun metal grey) - for only ?9,999! and that includes an additional 1 yrs warranty (giving us 3 yrs+2 yrs Volvo warranty), full breakdown recovery, 2 yrs free tyres and 3 yrs GAP insurance (so if she writes it off the minimum we will get in the next 3 yrs is ?9,999!)

:D :D :D

Yes - you may be thinking -Volvo??? theyre pish - grandads cars! - but I kid you not this thing is a stunning! and the stereo on its unreal for a standard factory fit! 8)

We test drove a few others afterwards - the new Astra, Alfa 147, Leon, a Golf all for ?10k but non were a patch on the Volvo - they all felt like tin cans, and just didnt feel solid enough. :roll:

Its the wifes car and shell be driving it the most ans she was looking for something safe - cant go wrong with a Volvo!

I'll post some pics when we get it next Friday.

God a three car family (well 2 1/2 if you count my Nova :lol: )

Ade
:arrow:

Rach
13-11-04, 11:21 PM
sounds good... :D

-Bruce-
13-11-04, 11:27 PM
thats a great car btw ade.

my dad had the exact same car all the extras etc as a company car it was in black though and was not lowered. and guess who got insured on it for free as a company car??? yes me :lol:

i learnt to drive in it. i do have to say they are great cars to drive, not drivin something better yet.

we will need to go to a scrapy soon and get the leather dirty with shity nova parts lol.

bruce

Al Wilson
13-11-04, 11:39 PM
Sounds top mate with a great spec. And that GAP insurance thing sounds very useful.

You can get some pretty good prices on Volvos I found whilst flicking through Auto Trader etc looking for Project L. Not very old, not many miles and good prices - all good.

J4MES
14-11-04, 04:23 AM
everybody seems to go for volvos after writing a car off!!! me mum did that!! they must make at least half their sales that way :lol: :lol: car sounds nice...

Jim
14-11-04, 10:58 AM
Sounds like a family sized car to me...Hmmm, the huge back garden, a family car...anything else you wish to tell us Ade? ;) :P

Jim

ade
14-11-04, 05:54 PM
lol - no no NO!

not yet anyway - maybe in a few years! Have enough with horse, cat and the garden which isnt complete yet!

lol

Ste_Nova
14-11-04, 06:27 PM
tidy car...

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/CasualAds_images/1778875__m.jpg
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/CasualAds_images/1778875_1_m.jpg

i assume the pics i've found are a good likeness

burgo
14-11-04, 08:02 PM
very nice car ade and a bargain aswell

Glytch
14-11-04, 10:23 PM
Volvos are like tanks,

I remember driving me dads Volvo once when a kitted up corsa crashed into us.

??????s of damaga to the corsa, we came away with little dint and paint rub to the door.

srs1
14-11-04, 10:27 PM
i think that is a top car to buy mate.

i like volvo's. for some reason i want to get a 850 t5 saloon. but the inside is proper nasty

Riggy
14-11-04, 11:05 PM
sounds good ade top buy :D

Mike
15-11-04, 09:41 PM
volvo's used to be poo years ago (luk sh@t like) but now there well ace, the new'ish convertable one s40?? and the daddy 4x4 big rig. :D

Stuart
15-11-04, 10:06 PM
bring it down south and i might be able to get it remapped if you need ;) as the company i work for make and calibrate the ECU in there

dan_mk1
16-11-04, 12:12 AM
Lovely car mate, should have got the T4 tho :wink:

And sean! you should have got the volvo....a ?600 chip takes them up to 280bhp! :twisted:

ade
17-11-04, 10:30 PM
Ste - its that model but bigger wheels, darker glass and it seems alot lower

8)

I love the interior - full leather, wood and heated seats.

Ah - the smell - gorgeous...

:roll: