PDA

View Full Version : Realy quick Camshaft Question

sTuDeNt
13-11-04, 05:04 PM
Replacing 1.2 standart mk1 carb camshaft to 1.4sr one with followers is it going to cause me major problems as I know that its higher lift abd longer duration one?

-Bruce-
13-11-04, 05:06 PM
no mate that is a good swap. just remember to use the 1400 followers. and replace all the oil seal on the camshaft and other wee gaskets and seals.

bruce

sTuDeNt
13-11-04, 05:31 PM
Thanks mate! I am replacing all followers for the 1.Sr once! Actually garage doing it hope they will replace all the seals and gaskets! :)
BTW any idea how long it should take a garage to do it? Cuz they said to me its 3.5 hours including carburation! :evil:

-Bruce-
13-11-04, 05:50 PM
im realy not sure how long it would take your average mechanic!! depends on how many cups of tea etc.

its a fairly easy job to do yourself though mate. get a hayness manual and give it a go!!

bruce

James B
14-11-04, 05:47 PM
3 and half hours seems bout right bein mechanic myself

im realy not sure how long it would take your average mechanic!! depends on how many cups of tea etc.

probably about 3 and couple of fags too :)

Ste_Nova
14-11-04, 06:17 PM
3 and half hours seems bout right bein mechanic myself

probably about 3 and couple of fags too :)

glad i don't pay your prices :lol:

Gunzi
14-11-04, 06:19 PM
It took the blokes who fitted mine about 3.5 hours and charged me ?70 for fitting

sTuDeNt
14-11-04, 06:27 PM
Thats not bad at all!

Lodnoner_2001 god guys you do rip off! :lol: I did carb and manifold swap and adjustment for about 1.5 hour. (But damn screw stuffed me, so lasted a bit longer) and been quote about 3.5 hours!

8)

So I am looking to be ripped off then... :evil: :lol:

MechaT
14-11-04, 09:06 PM
If they use a cam remover tool they'd be able to fit it in under 2 hours including fag-breaks, tea-breaks, and disappearing-for-5-mins-at-a-time-for-no-good-reason-breaks.