PDA

View Full Version : MK1 - MK2 dash change...

broody
13-11-04, 09:34 AM
Ive never looked behind a dash before and got no idea, im pretty clued up on cars ect so im not a novice, anyone got any tips or hint for when i do this?

burgo
13-11-04, 12:56 PM
when you un plug something lable the plug that way you shouldnt get to muddles up

jon_boy
14-11-04, 07:01 PM
i found its best to get the dash half off as such and then gradually pull something out of the dash(ie hazard light switch) and connect it straight back up to the wires behind so there is no confusion what goes where. When all the dash is out sort thte wiring for the switches. i tried putting the dash in then realised some bits have to be changed etc and it was a pian in the arse!

Philsutton
14-11-04, 07:12 PM
Ive never looked behind a dash before and got no idea
should have come an had a look in my car i havent had a dash for a long time now. Everything in the loom can only plug into one place so its not too hard to work out where everything plugs. The problem is that on the mk1's an mk2's is that they have different connectors to some of the plugs. It will involve some chopping or swap the whole loom over then there is no confusion where it all goes