PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Switch

Muttly
11-11-04, 03:50 PM
First off its not about it breaking because I'm lucky enough to have the original that still works. I'm sure most people know about the ignition light thing. Does anyone know how to stop this? A friend of mine knows about it and its a right pain because he "did it" when I got out of my car the other day and it faltened the battery he also has a habbit of doing it to turn on the lecy windows and stereo when I'm not in the car for any reason. Its not much of a problem at the moment but it will be as I plan to delock the doors, so flat battery mean I'll have to break into my car. I know its easy to do but I still don't want to have to do it. Also killing him isn't an option, it'd be too much hassle. lol.

Dpnova
11-11-04, 03:58 PM
tell your mate to leave it the fuck alone.

problem solved 8)

Muttly
11-11-04, 04:10 PM
Tried it. No good. I want to know about it for security reasons aswell.

Dpnova
11-11-04, 04:11 PM
think there is a guide on www.topbuzz.co.uk

Muttly
11-11-04, 04:32 PM
Couldn't find it.

Gunzi
11-11-04, 07:18 PM
http://www.mikeoxford.boyracer.net/howto/hazard.pdf

Robbed shamelessly from RB (as this thread has just come up there too)

oh and if u delock your doors and u get a flat battery u get in via the key to the boot! (assuming u still have a lock in the boot)

gunzi

Ste L
11-11-04, 07:44 PM
take it out the car with you, that way he can't use it :o

Aragorn
12-11-04, 09:47 AM
on a side note him constantly pulling it out when trying to do this will fuck the switch beause he probably isnt turning the hazards on before removing the switch which is what breaks the plastic tabs inside

if u just yank the switch from the off position u force it past the locking tabs to the "on" position then it comes out the socket, eventually the tabs break

johnatstroma
13-11-04, 08:43 AM
would it not be easier to put somethin in the hole behind the switch and melting with a soldering iron or something to stop the switch from being put in upside down? works on my car.

John

Muttly
13-11-04, 07:44 PM
@Gunzi: Thats exactly whatr I wanted cheers.

Mike
13-11-04, 08:25 PM
there is a way to fit a fuse into the wiring of it, a friend of mine did it to his SRi? but, i avnt got round to asking him how yet :|