PDA

View Full Version : another nova dead

seanp1
10-11-04, 08:51 PM
i was driving home last night, stopped to wait to go round a parked car and my mate in a 106 went straight into the back of me. im well pi55ed off cos iv just spent 2 years doing the car up and only passed my test a month ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/seanp1/100_01846.jpg

Col_Mk1
10-11-04, 09:12 PM
ouch :o

burgo
10-11-04, 10:29 PM
i take it this mate now has a pair of broken legs

m.d.
10-11-04, 10:31 PM
thats a nasty scratch you have there,

deffo fixable tho

burgo
10-11-04, 10:35 PM

deffo fixable tho

i agree you could fix that easy enough mate

m.d.
10-11-04, 10:39 PM
get down the scrappy and cut out the rear arch of another nova or get a new pannel, than cut the old one out and beat the rest into shape with a mallet and fit the new pannel, as long as you are having a back bumper who cars what it looks like underneith, as long as its strong

Barn
10-11-04, 11:11 PM
painful.

any more pics?

Stuart
10-11-04, 11:38 PM

deffo fixable tho

the fucking C pillar is bent. i wouldnt want to drive that!!!

NOVA_GTEUK
10-11-04, 11:41 PM
To be honest mate you dont even need a new panel i wouldnt have though
Im sure you could beat that back into place as has been said behind the bumper want really matter but you could possibly sort it out im sure...

I would have offered to have a go at it for you easy enough to do but i live in wales lol and your in essex bit off a trek :?

burgo
10-11-04, 11:41 PM

deffo fixable tho

the f**k C pillar is bent. i wouldnt want to drive that!!!

right the first thing we would do at work is chain it to a post and drive forward to pull it out as good as possible, then you buy a new back panel and new quarter. chop the old quarter and back panel out , straighten anything else then weld the new panels in!!! easy peasey should take a week to do a shit hot job of it

peester
11-11-04, 12:04 AM
i disagree - if its a rare-ish gsi, gte shell maybe sri - try to fix
otherwise get a new shell - its stained that dent cud be fixed to look ok but it'll never be properly ok.. just my opinion. scare wud never heal.

Dpnova
11-11-04, 08:29 AM
opps

DrivingSpanner
11-11-04, 08:59 AM
everything is fixable, i once had to fix a rally mg s1600 shell that had been rolled down the side of a mountin at monaco, the tight bastards wouldnt coff up 4 a new shell so had to repair the old one, New complete sides, new roof, half the floor, bacically everything except the chassis legs and the rollcage + inner arches and bulkhead/scuttle!!!

That one is an easy fix!!!

seanp1
11-11-04, 12:21 PM
its not really fixable cos the whole rear quarter has been pushed forward and the passanger now doesnt shut properly. The boot floor is also rinkled up so it would cost a lot more to fix than the car is worth.

and just a quick question- did the early mk2 novas still have the sr engine in and not the sri cos this is what im thinking of getting now.

Ste L
11-11-04, 12:31 PM
and just a quick question- did the early mk2 novas still have the sr engine in and not the sri cos this is what im thinking of getting now.

yea, there's a mk2 sr on a carb, mates picking one up tonight
im fairly certain its the same engine

seanp1
11-11-04, 12:38 PM
do you know what reg or year they are mate? also what power does a standard sr put out?

cheers

J4MES
11-11-04, 12:47 PM
gutted for you mate.... :( :( hope the pug is fcuked!!!! :lol:

-Bruce-
11-11-04, 12:48 PM
you could fix it. :roll:

i think it would be unsafe!! yo could have the same sort of crash and it would fold straight back in again. i just could not be bothered pulling it out and pissing about and not gettin the thing perfect.

bruce

Ste L
11-11-04, 12:54 PM
do you know what reg or year they are mate? also what power does a standard sr put out?

cheers

H to J i think
1.3 SR nova - unsure
1.4 SR nova 71bhp.
1.4 SRi nova 82bhp.

seanp1
11-11-04, 01:26 PM
the pug is proper f**k, there were bits hanging off everywhere. It came out a lot worse than the nova.

i'm not gonna fix it because i was thinking of putting a bigger engine in it before the crash, but now i may aswell just get an sr or sri and swap everything onto that which would be a lot easier than fixing it and then doing the conversion.

seanp1
11-11-04, 01:28 PM
is the sr and sri the same insurance group/cost to insure?

Ste L
11-11-04, 01:57 PM
i think they are the same insurance group, and i don't think there will be much dff in the cost of insurance

seanp1
11-11-04, 02:04 PM
cheers for the info ste_sri

im gonna call my insurance today and see if i can afford to get one.

scott.parker
11-11-04, 05:55 PM
well looks a bit nasty mate,but this is why for your first car you should just have a cheep one or a crappy one,as you are very likely to have an accident in your first 6 to 12 mounths..

well its done now,just get it sorted mate,thats all you can do..

scott

DrivingSpanner
11-11-04, 06:22 PM
what are you going to do with it now??? i mean after you have swaped the bits over that you are planning???

Ste_Nova
11-11-04, 06:41 PM
just drag it out and fit new light and boot lid...

?30 max cost for fix and at least you can still drive it

seanp1
11-11-04, 07:23 PM
i dont think that its as simple as just knocking the dents out cos i cant close the passenger door propley. The beam across the back of the car that the boot closes onto is also bent which means the latches dont meet up. Its a lot worse than it looks from the outside.

after its stripped itll just be scrapped cos the engine was started to play up before the crash, unless anyone wants to buy it. :wink:

epo
11-11-04, 07:25 PM

thats what i thought

seanp1
11-11-04, 07:28 PM

yeah it is, along with alot of other things on the car.

DrivingSpanner
11-11-04, 07:40 PM
scrap it!!! that'll cost ya ?150 better off just giving it away...

seanp1
11-11-04, 07:45 PM
what will cost ?150? to scrap it?

Mike
11-11-04, 08:22 PM
?150 to repair!! :roll:

u can get a carbed SR upto a K reg (if u luk real carefully, like me :lol: )

but the K/L reg is rarer then rocking horse poo!

SRi is insurance group 7 (same as corsa SRi)
SR is insurance group 6 (72bhp standard)

Mel
11-11-04, 08:29 PM
eek, unlucky.

If my mate did that, let me say, they wouldnt be able to drive for at least 6 months.

I wouldnt repair it, does look like a lot of work, but thats hypocritical coming from me as i'm repairing a dead GTE :lol:

seanp1
11-11-04, 08:40 PM
?150 to repair!!

sorry being a bit burnt out there. :oops:

im not even thinking about repairing it. called the insurance and its the same for me to insure an sri as it is to do an sr so im looking for and sri as there got more power and will be easier for me to get my wheels and suspension on(rear arches being a tiny bit wider)

DrivingSpanner
12-11-04, 09:06 AM
what will cost ?150? to scrap it?

yep might do, im affraid... because of all this goverment enviromental crap they have to pay the goverment when they recieve a car to dismatle and they just pass the cost straight on to you!!!

an' just dumping it isnt anygood either as the counsil will track it and send you an even bigger bill to take it away!!!