PDA

View Full Version : My install and a little extra...

broody
10-11-04, 05:36 PM
As some of you may know ive been doing a boot install for my nova, well ive got few progress pics before i take it out for painting and sorting the lighting out in the car...

http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/rear4.jpg
http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/rear2.jpg
http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/rear6.jpg

Oh and brought myself a new project which will be part of the re-shell, which i know Jim will be happy about!

I've photo shopped it with my alloys and lowered it.

http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/saloon.jpg

Fester
10-11-04, 05:44 PM
Like I put in the other build post, the install looks impressive there I reckon. Are you doing a total reshell of the purple into the saloon and disbanding the hatch? Why pay for more materials to finish off the install if it's going anyway? I think I've missed something, if this is totally off track then ignore this post :lol: apart from the comments on the build.

Nick
10-11-04, 05:46 PM
Nice, it's very smooth, unlike some of the shabby attempts you see.

I too saw a very good cond saloon today whilst i was at work, old guy was on crutches so he musn't be keepin for long, gonna pop a letter thru his door asking if he wants to sell up.. J Reg same colour as that, it was showroom condition tho !

scott.parker
10-11-04, 05:48 PM
Im with fester on this one,neil what are you doing with your car?

scott

Nick
10-11-04, 05:55 PM
eurgh thats disgusting, if you blur your eyes you can well see the saloon rear end just blend into the back of a 5 door nova.

that's rank ! i aint getting one now !

broody
10-11-04, 06:04 PM
eurgh thats disgusting, if you blur your eyes you can well see the saloon rear end just blend into the back of a 5 door nova.

Ey im lost!!!!!

And fester,

The nova is off road at mo, not SORN'd, just off road, awaiting a new Radiator,
Not spent any more money on the install, its done now, just gotta paint it.

Not sure what im going to do with the purple, in the long run ill break it, but at the mo im using the saloon as a run around.

smithy87
10-11-04, 06:28 PM

Dont be bad-mouthing 5-doors mate, nout wrong with them, and there's plenty on here that could compete with any 3-door!

8)

dan_mk1
10-11-04, 07:08 PM

Dont be bad-mouthing 5-doors mate, nout wrong with them, and there's plenty on here that could compete with any 3-door!

8)

Not in looks, 5doors look backwards! lol

Nick
10-11-04, 07:10 PM
lol, im commenting on the Brashness of saloons, i've never realised before.

They literally are a hatch with an extended boot stuck on the end, and i mean literally stuck ! , not many saloons round my way so i've never seen one properly

still look cool tho with 3door arches, specially 2 door ones.

burgo
10-11-04, 07:12 PM

that's rank ! i aint getting one now ! what are you chatting about

and is that saloon off of a member of this site by any chance neil??

p.s. nice install aswell

broody
10-11-04, 07:20 PM
maybe burgo :P

Ste L
10-11-04, 07:23 PM
saloon look good, well it would if you put your rims on it and lowered it :D

installs nice too

burgo
10-11-04, 07:24 PM
i thought so neil i was gonna have it but had nowhere for it

Mike.
10-11-04, 08:18 PM
saloons can look great iff modded right

Jim
10-11-04, 10:16 PM
Oh and brought myself a new project which will be part of the re-shell, which i know Jim will be happy about!

Provided you do actually re-shell it and not keep your purple one ;)

Jim

Dpnova
11-11-04, 08:23 AM
you putting the 2lt 8v in the saloon