PDA

View Full Version : BIG MISTAKE!

bubba1
09-11-04, 01:10 PM
i recently sold my k plate sri, in favour for a saxo vtr i picked up cheap. big mistake, how dissapointing ive had to pay an extra ?200 to insure it and its no faster! the interior is shit, the only good thing about it is the handling.

i really regret selling my nova! i sold it to a lad in cumbria the reg is k96 ytm any one know or seen the car. hope its still on the road
:cry:

Dpnova
09-11-04, 01:14 PM
oh well now you know

Chris
09-11-04, 01:16 PM
I have driven a saxo VTR and I found it could be just as much fun as a Nova GTE because of how if handled on the twisties, power isnt everything

Stuart
09-11-04, 01:35 PM
Mr Bubba

can you please put a decent "review" as to how well/better the saxo handles by comparrison to the nova.

and state if your running std suspension etc.

just so we can put some silly "rumors and narrow mindedness" to bed.

Thanks

Col_Mk1
09-11-04, 03:31 PM
were abouts in cumbria mate try these sites www.northerncruisers.co.uk

www.cruisewestcumbria.co.uk :wink:

scott.parker
09-11-04, 05:44 PM
Mr Bubba

can you please put a decent "review" as to how well/better the saxo handles by comparrison to the nova.

and state if your running std suspension etc.

just so we can put some silly "rumors and narrow mindedness" to bed.

Thanks

Well said.. :lol:

scott

hendrix
09-11-04, 07:46 PM
lol :lol:

bubba1
10-11-04, 12:30 AM
the saxo was completly standard where as the nova had full gmax shocks and springs.
where i found the nova would understeer badly coming out of wet islands the saxo does not it grips even in the dry, the saxo does not feel as responsive as my nova sri which only performance mod it had was a full de cat exhaust.
i use some country lanes and i find i can do another good 10mph more than than what the nova could on selected bends.
although the saxo feels slower i did follow at the time my saxo to be whilst driving my nova and there was nothing in it but the nova still feels a lot more responsive i never had to thrash the life out of it to driv it quickly.
the saxo i feel is a delicate car, myn has 50k and full history within a month of owning it the diff seal leaked, rocker cover gasket leaked exhaust was blowing, and the the hand brake cable came out of poisition, so already ive spent a bit getting it correct. may be down to luck but the nova never gave me a problem in the 3 years of ownership. i will soon be selling up and going back to my roots a nova