PDA

View Full Version : sum1 plz help me

storer
09-11-04, 02:58 AM
ive got a 1.4 sri engine n ive just fitted in my nova only to find i hav the wrong ecu for it. ive been given 1 for a 1.2 corsa. The sri engine i hav is from a corsa sri n thats all i no about it. will the ecu from any corsa sri work with it or do i need 1 from a corsa sri of the same year? this is were my real problem is as i dnt no wot year the engine woz made and apparently there are quite a few diferent ecu's for this engine depending wot year its from.
If this is the case i have a 1.6 gte head wiv the correct ecu and loom so i could fit that rather than keep buying ecu's n finding they dnt work. But does anybody no how much would need to be skimmed to gain the same compretion ratio as the 1.4?
I would seriously be grateful 4 any help coz i havnt got a clue its my first car n i dnt really no much about them yet.

Riggy
09-11-04, 11:00 AM
i would have thought that any ecu will be fine with it as long as it for the same engine

e.g the nova had different ones for the bosch and siemens and the yare not interechangable

i dont really know much about corsa but i would think it would be the same principles :D

Chris
09-11-04, 11:07 AM
The nova GTE head will fit the 1.4, but as you have mentioned it will need skimming to get the correct compression ratio. Someone I know fitted one to his 1.4 corsa, I think (but not sure) that it was skimmed around 80thou but dont quote me on that. The performance once finished wasnt much slower than my gte. Good luck

storer
09-11-04, 02:12 PM
cheers 4 the help lads ive jus got off the fone 2 atp n they reckon theres about six diferent ecus for my engine and if i get the wrong 1 it will either not work at all or it will run but not very well. And seen as there about ?175 each i dnt fancy trying my luck 6 times at that price. So i wuld really appreciate any info on fitting the 1.6gte head if any1 has done it or knows wot needs 2 be done.
Anyway thanx for the replys