PDA

View Full Version : sold my nova, just learnt its fate.... gutted

race-more
08-11-04, 12:34 AM
a couple of weeks ago i reluctantly sold my trusty nova. :( after almost three years of ownership and my third nova in a row, i decided it was time to sell on and move up the vauxhall ladder. so i brought an astra sport 2.0 16v and a lad from work bought my nova. it was sad to see my cherished machine backing off the drive and disappear up the road, though :cry: as the lad was local i thought, like my previous nova id still see it occasionally when id pass through town. unfortunately i didn?t see the lad again as id left work to pursue another job. that was the last time i saw the car?.

then today a mate of mine rings me to confirm my old novas number plate, I reeled of the plate thinking he was gonna tell me he?d just been over taken by my old car or sumin. then the news ?coz im looking at it through the fence of a salvage yard, the front is fecked!?

it?s probably daft but my heart sunk and i am actually pretty gutted even though it was no longer mine!! subsequently found out the lad folded it up on the same day as he bought it and has been written off by insurance.

N-W-S
08-11-04, 01:00 AM
:( unlucky think it mite be time to get a nuther one?

Finlay,

epo
08-11-04, 08:28 AM
gutted
when i sold my gte i was glad to see the back of it

the lad who bought it just wanted to race his missus golf
he had it 2 days reversed in to a lampost pushing the back arch out
he then swapped it for an xr2i
this lad had it a week and sold it for ?100 to a couple of young lads
after that i dont know
id say it was scrapped as the shell was focked

Jim
08-11-04, 07:05 PM
I'd prefer to strip my car when it comes to selling it. I couldn't bare seeing it on the road.

Jim

Al Wilson
08-11-04, 07:09 PM
I'd prefer to strip my car when it comes to selling it. I couldn't bare seeing it on the road.

Jim

Exactly my sentiment. What is mine will always be mine.

Al

Dan
08-11-04, 07:21 PM
My old orange beastie lasted about 6 months after i let it go, ended up getting barrel rolled down a country lane

race-more
08-11-04, 09:27 PM
im considering gettin another mk1 SR as a project, got a mate with some garage space... the astra's fast but no fun, the nova was fun but not fast.. i think you know what direction id be going.

nam
08-11-04, 09:40 PM
im considering gettin another mk1 SR as a project, got a mate with some garage space... the astra's fast but no fun, the nova was fun but not fast.. i think you know what direction id be going.

well what about building a fast fun nova? love your car was really nice, did you have to do any work to get them wheels on it?

race-more
08-11-04, 10:09 PM
yep a redtop SR with standard exterior, a street sleeper.. that'd be my style :P as for the wheels i just trimed the outer lip of the rear arches.

krobinson
09-11-04, 02:35 PM
I'd rather put a match to my car than sell it. I'm constantly asked "would i sell" but the answer will always be no.

Mostly because i dont want to see anyone else driveing it, and because i'd only end up building another!

Keith

Mike
09-11-04, 08:43 PM
id never sell mine, hence why its back from the dead! :lol:

if i cant have it, no1 will. and cuz i dont want no1 else to have (even the scrappy) im fcukin keepin it and rebuilding!

brought it back from the brinck of writeoff'ism!! :twisted:

RJM25R
10-11-04, 08:29 AM
I broke mine rather than sell it to someone who wouldn't appreciate the work that went into it....

Ben
10-11-04, 08:51 AM
I broke mine rather than sell it to someone who wouldn't appreciate the work that went into it....

And then someone bought the shell from the scrapyard!

RJM25R
09-12-04, 10:06 AM
:twisted: