PDA

View Full Version : newbie luxe+

chapers
07-11-04, 06:58 PM
hi,

jus got my nova and to be honest i dont have the slightest clue bout cars i havent even started learning yet! i just want to know 4 future wot would be the best type of exhaust 2 get? and what type of air filter would i put on my car??? ive been reading posts and by the looks of things it would be a bolt on can anyone help? if you need any more information i'll try n find it out

thanks

martin

scott.parker
07-11-04, 07:01 PM
Best thing you can do mate is post up a good guide of your cars spec EG 1.2 spin,though i take it it is a lux+,well engine size anyway,and your budget you have to spend and what you think you would like to do first?

scott

chapers
07-11-04, 08:04 PM
its a 1.2i but the engine looks like carb :? that much i do know, but it has a load of electrics in the car an apparently it is injection i have ?200 to play with at the moment but im not looking to do anything just yet,

cheers

chaps

scott.parker
07-11-04, 08:17 PM
its a 1.2i but the engine looks like carb :? that much i do know, but it has a load of electrics in the car an apparently it is injection i have ?200 to play with at the moment but im not looking to do anything just yet,

cheers

chaps

Well if you could insure it you could always drop my old 1.6 8v engine out of my GSI in there. :D

scott

chapers
07-11-04, 08:36 PM
i gt no chance of that!!!! 'i wish' but that moneys gotta fix a bit of damage thanks n e way

chaps

p.s wot is a decent exhast??

scott.parker
07-11-04, 08:41 PM
i gt no chance of that!!!! 'i wish' but that moneys gotta fix a bit of damage thanks n e way

chaps

p.s wot is a decent exhast??

On a small budget i would say ashley or sportex..

scott

Philsutton
07-11-04, 09:25 PM
its a 1.2i but the engine looks like carb that much i do know
its single point injection, it does look just the 1.2 carb. What i did on my 1.2i was to get rid of the cat by using an exhaust from a 1.2 carb. You can pick them up from scrap yard fpr very little money. For filter, you would be able to find one to fit it think, but someone on here will know how to make an induction kit for using bits off other cars.

Nick
07-11-04, 09:29 PM
Pay ?85 for a Green 1.2i induction kit, or there are two other ways....

Get yourself a Corsa 1.2 SPi box, bolt that ontop of the SPi carb thingy, then make a induction kit using guttering/flexy pipe and a universal filter. Will cost you ?30 ish.

Or my recent stroke of genious, if your fitting the Corsa SPi box, why not jst bung a K&N 57i corsa 1.2 induction kit on the spi box, only costs ?40ish and will probably work better than a bodged guttering induction kit !

scott.parker
07-11-04, 10:52 PM
Pay ?85 for a Green 1.2i induction kit, or there are two other ways....

Get yourself a Corsa 1.2 SPi box, bolt that ontop of the SPi carb thingy, then make a induction kit using guttering/flexy pipe and a universal filter. Will cost you ?30 ish.

Or my recent stroke of genious, if your fitting the Corsa SPi box, why not jst bung a K&N 57i corsa 1.2 induction kit on the spi box, only costs ?40ish and will probably work better than a bodged guttering induction kit !

:lol: love it,you are talking to your self,in the post..why not just delete what you didnt want to post up,lol

scott

chapers
07-11-04, 11:09 PM
thanks lads u bin reli helpful i'll c wot i can do with it

chaps

geordie_racer
08-11-04, 04:59 PM
i have a corsa 1.2 airbox you can have for the cost of postage?

chris

Nick
08-11-04, 05:42 PM
lol scott, ahh well.. i must enjoy talking to myself..

geez this sweetcorn tastes good !

Ben
08-11-04, 05:43 PM
look in the parts for sale or put an ad in the wanted section always loads for sale on here (sobs at the lose of the old nova trader :cry: )

there is loads that can be done cheaply on novas or you can go insane and spend ?30k.

chapers
08-11-04, 06:25 PM
i seem 2 have found that my radiators leaking!!!!!!! :evil:

do you know if all nova radiators in novas will be the same? could you recomend a place where i could get 1? and how much i would be looking at?

thanks

chaps

Nick
09-11-04, 08:19 PM
keep it simple and replace it with what you have. a 1.2 Plenty of 1.2's in scrap yards, i'm sure that the SR/1.2's have the same RAD, GTE/GSi are slightly bigger tho ?

or try some of the raditor paste that seals it up. I hit a pheasent n it went straight thru my grill n it' bastarding beak split the rad, i just bunged some Sealer on it and it's fine now. Altho, mine was a very very very small leak. - available from halfords.

Philsutton
09-11-04, 08:27 PM
i think its only the TD rad thats bigger

Nick
09-11-04, 10:35 PM
i stand corrected !

im sure i read somewhere tho that the GTE rads were bigger ? it's wot u bung on a valver to cool it better ?! but you have a valver so i gueses you'd know ! lol

Philsutton
10-11-04, 11:06 AM
i use a 1.2i rad on my valver an its fine

Ben
10-11-04, 11:22 AM
Nope GSi/GTE rads are definatly bigger than SR ones (well everyone i have ever removed 30ish)

chapers
10-11-04, 01:07 PM
cheers i apreciate the help

chaps

Ste_Nova
10-11-04, 01:20 PM
early 1.2/3 are same size as gte/gsi

DrivingSpanner
10-11-04, 01:35 PM
dont get a 1L radiator tho, it is completly different and wont fit

Stuart
10-11-04, 01:43 PM
i have 2 "early" (D reg) rads and they are of the small variety.

and i shall be keeping the rad small to lose that extra 1-2kilos of weight :-)