PDA

View Full Version : lekki winda'z

alxlaw
07-11-04, 03:53 PM
rite, iv just been down 2 junk yard n baut "everythin" i need to put lekki windas in ie motors switches n so on, onli thing is my haynes manual is a bit.....how do i put this......crap! when it comes to fitting things n im begginin to panic coz the guy wont tek em bak n i still have no clues as to where to start?

Cheeze
07-11-04, 04:10 PM
u will have to start by stripping the doors down, (not while its raining btw)using the haynes manual
and drilling out the manual window winder mechanisims, now get the electric window mech and pop rivit it in with 4.5x11mm rivits using the 4 holes that are there already, now just build the door up again as it explains in the haynes manual, tells u how to do that, think thats about it

leebo
07-11-04, 06:25 PM
i just put electic windows and central lockin into my car last nite. i got them all on one loom.

for me it was a simple positive and negitave conections that plugs into the fuse box and a good solid earth. then just run the wires into the door as cheeze said. the propper way to put them into the doors is through drillin holes but i didnt want to do that so i taped them up in black insulation tape and took them through the side of the dash into the door cards. . only noticed when doors open

alxlaw
15-11-04, 01:54 PM
well iv got em here in front of me n they dont look like the ones shown in the haynes manual, infact they look compleetly diferent, the ones iv got are just a big arm with a motor n the ones in the haynes manual show cables n shuch like?????? wtf? n where the hell do i get a pop riviter anywhoo? cant i gust use bolts? they're the same lenth as the rivitz

Ben
15-11-04, 02:06 PM
Is this a joke?

alxlaw
15-11-04, 02:33 PM
no why?

Alex
15-11-04, 03:09 PM
cable mechanism is for the 5 doors IIRC. Putting e/w in is pretty self explanatory, especially with a haynes manual. Take out old one. Put in new (direct replacement). Wire up. Done.

?Marty?
15-11-04, 06:25 PM
Learn to read and write English and then you shall be able to turn those 'black and white symbols' in the Haynes Manual into words and sentences, thus becoming able to use it and install your 'lekki windas'.

I'm a fuckin' illegal immigrant, and even i made the effort.

nov4
15-11-04, 07:07 PM
you also need 2 strip the seats and carpet out if u are having the switches in the centre console, rivet guns are about a tenner and much easier than bolting. it is an easy job just takes time. took me about 4 hours.

chris

az_e11
15-11-04, 07:10 PM
If this helps m8, here is a pic of Nova GSI - Electric Window Motors, yours should be something like these, and you need the wire loom and switches as well,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/az_e11/10_1.jpg

8)

alxlaw
17-11-04, 08:21 PM
iv done the fitting, there in but the wireing leaves a little to be desired, Az_e11 - my motors look the same by the way.....but like i said the wires there all on 1 big loom truble is where the plugs meet the motor theres a nother set of wires (on both sides) stikin out are they for centr'l lockin or am i missing sumthing?another thing there are 2 (VIP lookin wires) a red n a black, i presume they go to pos and neg on the batt or do they fit in the fuse box (with a fuse?), im probably just being stupid
next time im on ill draw a wire'in diagram to illustrait the sh*t this fella sold me!

(un-cool.Marty?) - dont b so quick to judge you dont know me.....

ps im very dislexic hence the readn n writin.....wud you take the piss out of a guy in a wheel chair?

Cheeze
17-11-04, 08:37 PM
no from what i remember both the red and black are positives, (correct me if im wrong) and it sound like the other wires ur describing are for the central locking,

alxlaw
17-11-04, 08:50 PM
and 1 other thing theres a box attached via a 16 pin plug (it looks), what the hell is it and whhhhhhhhyyyyyyy, im beginnin to hate thease eleki winda'z, iv decided im gonna strip the loom and find out exactly what should go where n what is compleetly usles, n e way thx fellaz :lol:

Cheeze
17-11-04, 09:09 PM
thats the central locking control type thing box lol. lets see if i can help, red and black wires are both for the lives, dunno why! wire them up to an ignition live wire, if u follow me. Now at each door u should have 2 plugs ones more a "T" shape, its for the window motors, the other is for the central locking motors. u will need to lift the carpet to hide the wires, the plugs where the actual switches go sits in the center console.u should also have 3 ground cables if i remember correctly, earth them. think thats about it, ppl plz correct me if im wrong, i only done it twice

alxlaw
18-11-04, 03:53 PM
nice one ! i'v cracked it, work like a dream!!!, no more winding!!! thx cheeze! (also found out why i cant use bolts to secure them :roll: )