PDA

View Full Version : weber trumpets

whitty_nova_1300sr
07-11-04, 04:19 AM
hi all need to get some for my twin 40s dcoe carbs, where is the best place to get them from??

wots the longest you can get been told its 39mm.... is this ture???

many thanx

dan-hipgrave
07-11-04, 09:44 AM
Could try http://www.webcon.co.uk/ mate...

Snowface
07-11-04, 12:27 PM
www.buronpower.com

there is no limit to length. i think yo can get 60mm+

On a road going Nova you want around 40mm.[/url]

scott.parker
07-11-04, 02:08 PM
Without sounding stupid!
What dos e the length of them make diffrance wise to power and perfomance? is it to do with intake rate or somthing?

scott

Dave
08-11-04, 12:17 PM
think autopoint in thetford are a webber dealer give them a ring/pop in an have a chat to them,
should advise you on what is best for you/your car

DrivingSpanner
08-11-04, 01:02 PM
the lenght will change how your engines power band will be, in theory the longer the trumpet the lower down in the rev range the power will be the shorter the higher in the rev range... but its all theory i been told that about 40mm is generaly a fairly good compremise/starting point...

scott.parker
08-11-04, 05:40 PM
the lenght will change how your engines power band will be, in theory the longer the trumpet the lower down in the rev range the power will be the shorter the higher in the rev range... but its all theory i been told that about 40mm is generaly a fairly good compremise/starting point...

Nice one mate,makes sence.. :wink:

I take it this is the same on TB's as well then. :D

scott

DrivingSpanner
08-11-04, 05:53 PM

Nice one mate,makes sence.. :wink:

I take it this is the same on TB's as well then. :D

scott

Yep got it in one, that it should...

... I've seen variable length trumpets before they get shorter as the revs increase... they actually you'st to use them in F1 until they were banned to try to slow the cars down!!!

whitty_nova_1300sr
08-11-04, 07:20 PM
thanx for your help, just ordered some. northamptopn motorsports.

just thought i would pass this on:

Weber dcoe twin 40/45s must use trumpets<==---Got told by weber?

Dan
08-11-04, 07:38 PM
The trumpet size thing does have an effect, but in the real world it isnt that noticeable on the road from my experiences. I have ran with 16mm ones the last couple of years to make the use of a filter more friendly. Also helps keep a sensible distance from the face of the filter and the end of the trumpet with no real differences.

The 8v engine is quite torquey anyway, and with well balanced mods it keeps this application so the 'theory' doesnt really play a part.

What the old wives tales say and what is right for a particular engine can be worlds apart (hence why i went against some of these with mine to try and quash them)

j1400
09-11-04, 08:11 PM
The turmpet length is to do with pulse tuning the inlet. As revs increase the pulse with get shorter, and hence a short set or trumpets suits higher revs. On my TB's I run 90mm trumpets as that's the biggest you can fit in to a std engin ebay, but 120mm is meant to be the optimum set up.

But as Dan says it's makes little noticable differnce, it's for race teams that want the extra 1% or whatever it would offer.