PDA

View Full Version : Are Quality Nova's Dying out???

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 11:46 AM
From the time of seeing absolulty loads and loads of really subtle Nova's to virtually non...

Do you think the nova breed is dying out???

I still see the odd Clarty Jap styled UFO thing floating around, but i've not seen a nova for somtime that I've actually Paid attention to...

Your Veiw's?

From Quality, I'm talking really well re-finished Car's, Old skool Cool Sport's brought back to life etc, Stealthy 2.0l's that look like 1.2s etc.

Example of a really shitty Mingin' Nova...

http://www.kingdom-developments.com/images/pinkyindex.jpg

novashed
06-11-04, 11:49 AM
it is is understandablke as most are lying in scrap yards rusting away or have been scrapped.

although there are quite a few builds going on this winter as i can see from novaload and migweb, all of which seem to be of a very high standard including mine :wink:

General Baxter
06-11-04, 12:07 PM
mines pure chav quality

all of them apart from my 1.3sr gte rep (soon to be a van) :lol:

fafnova
06-11-04, 12:50 PM
your right mate i just dont understand where its going some times in my eyes the red nova that was in tv a few months back the one on t45s sr bumpers is the best nova ever mods are sutle and take some one who understands to appreciate just how good it is

fafnova
06-11-04, 12:56 PM
saying that tho would be sh*t* if we all thought alike

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 02:36 PM
I guess it would indeed fella...

Saying that, When i was younger Around 17 - 18 ish I used to love bodykits, The first propa Nova I saw was Ian storey's before he left it with Bat for months and months then Stuffed it.

scott.parker
06-11-04, 03:00 PM
your right mate i just dont understand where its going some times in my eyes the red nova that was in tv a few months back the one on t45s sr bumpers is the best nova ever mods are sutle and take some one who understands to appreciate just how good it is

I think you talking about karls,his car is the dady old skool nova,with a valver to match its understated looks...

I use to have a big bumper kit on mine when it was a !.6,but i got bored affter a few months,then when i got the valver fitted i ditched the kit,now i think it looks the part..

scott

epo
06-11-04, 03:12 PM
From the time of seeing absolulty loads and loads of really subtle Nova's to virtually non...

Do you think the nova breed is dying out???

I still see the odd Clarty Jap styled UFO thing floating around, but i've not seen a nova for somtime that I've actually Paid attention to...

Your Veiw's?

From Quality, I'm talking really well re-finished Car's, Old skool Cool Sport's brought back to life etc, Stealthy 2.0l's that look like 1.2s etc.

Example of a really s**t Mingin' Nova...

http://www.kingdom-developments.com/images/pinkyindex.jpg

am gonna have to disagree with you there
i actually like that kingdom nova
it looks really good
i dont have a kitted nova but some of them look good and have had a lot of time effort an money thrown at them
despit the fact that the owners wont get their money back when they come to sell it
its down to the fact that there making their car unique

but thats my opinion for what its worth

Rick Draper
06-11-04, 03:26 PM
This coming season is going to be one of the best seasons for novas i think. You will have some mad creations body wise, but very purposfully, mad powered novas :twisted: and a mental rag top. Rick

General Baxter
06-11-04, 03:32 PM
You will have some mad creations body wise,

iv got one planed for the summer ;) involes 2 saloons and a hatch back :wink:

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 03:39 PM
I'll admint Some Kitted Nova's Look good, but they only look good when the owner takes time to decide what components work on the car and compliment everything else and then there is the quality of work and the quality of the kit etc.

However, In my veiw the kingdom kit is far too much for the humble Nova, But i actually like the Novadose is it? Kit...

For a jap style to work, i think ideally you need a rather long/wideish car.

I've been in the Golf scene for sometime so my style is well very subtle, But personally Give me a stripped out Rally slag anyday of the week.

Rach
06-11-04, 03:39 PM
I think you talking about karls,his car is the dady old skool nova,with a valver to match its understated looks...

scott

oh god yes...

when i first saw Karls at a pvg meet earlier this year, i couldn't get over how gorgeous it is... :D

i did end up taking rather too many pics of it though :oops: :D

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 03:46 PM
Any piks fella?

andy16vturbo
06-11-04, 03:47 PM
this year at trax i seen more quality novas than ever before! i think they are getting that old now and dying out, that only die hard car fans are getting hold of them to restore rather than clagging max power stickers on.

i think now when you see a nova at a show, chances are its a gud un cos all the bad ones are in scrappies.

Rach
06-11-04, 03:57 PM
Any piks fella?

Karls... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/rachelclewer/karls1.bmp

Ste_Nova
06-11-04, 04:08 PM
Any pinks fella?

yup ians old one was pink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/pinknova.jpg

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 04:30 PM
LMFBO

ha ha ha ha...

Ian's was Blue. tut tut tut.

DrivingSpanner
06-11-04, 04:46 PM
not just thats pink, most of the surroundings are to, must be a girly place!!!

DrivingSpanner
06-11-04, 04:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/pinknova.jpg[/quote]

not just thats pink, most of the surroundings are to, must be a girly place!!!

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 04:58 PM
Yeah afink Liverpool is full of Fluffy Pink things...

Bless.

DrivingSpanner
06-11-04, 05:00 PM
just dont say that to a scouse lad!

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 05:02 PM
Ian Ya big Pink Fluffy Tart...

scott.parker
06-11-04, 05:48 PM
lol there he agian bottom of the pic,cloth in had(it is a part of him we think :lol: )
I said to him that day,mate you wana take it easy yul rub through the paint before the day is out...lol

Karls nova is my all time novas,i saw it at a show a few years back but coould never find the owner to talk to, now i have my owne car,and karl done my engine for me,lol..

scott

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 05:52 PM
Must admit that is a very tidy nova, I like the Intergraile Front Bulge.

scott.parker
06-11-04, 05:58 PM
Must admit that is a very tidy nova, I like the Intergraile Front Bulge.

Im not 100% sure(though i could call him lol)
I think it's a pug 306 bulge/vent,like the one ecose do..

scott

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 06:01 PM
http://www.carlone.ch/LanciaEvo3.jpg

Kinda simular aint they, the Lancia's have an extra vent at the front.

scott.parker
06-11-04, 06:06 PM
http://www.carlone.ch/LanciaEvo3.jpg

Kinda simular aint they, the Lancia's have an extra vent at the front.

I see wher your coming from yeah they look simular,i would love a HF Intergraile turbo,there the all time box arch dady.. :D

scott

Riggy
06-11-04, 06:10 PM
do you remember that post scott when someone thought that a lanciar was a nova lol :D :D :D

scott.parker
06-11-04, 06:14 PM
do you remember that post scott when someone thought that a lanciar was a nova lol :D :D :D

Yeah but it think it was a joke? was that the guy i took th pee out of as his name was wane kerr or was that another,lol

scott

Philsutton
06-11-04, 06:25 PM
This coming season is going to be one of the best seasons for novas i think. You will have some mad creations body wise, but very purposfully, mad powered novas and a mental rag top. Rick

dont think mines going to be done by next season :lol:

Finding decent novas is getting hard now, only the other day i saw some little cock handbraking a mint L reg nova. I wanted to twist his neck past its breaking point.

fafnova
06-11-04, 06:31 PM
seem to have started a thing on the red nova lol

scott.parker
06-11-04, 06:38 PM
seem to have started a thing on the red nova lol

lol no mate there is a lot of ppl on this site that love karls car..

scott

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 06:38 PM
lol...

I see kida Being pricks in novas all the time, Saying that tho fella No in an L reg, I've only ever seen on L reg and it was a Van.

How about using then to thrash around country lanes??? Is that ok? lol

Philsutton
06-11-04, 06:48 PM
the justnovas van is an L reg, thought i'd mention that :lol: If people want to ruin a nova go get one that has holes the size of footballs in not the good ones as they getting rare.

GT-Dub
06-11-04, 06:54 PM
Agree''d

fafnova
06-11-04, 06:57 PM
meant brought the subject up lol any body no of a nova load meet coming up!?

epo
06-11-04, 07:09 PM
am sure i read in total vaux that karls vent was from eccosse

scott.parker
06-11-04, 07:10 PM
meant brought the subject up lol any body no of a nova load meet coming up!?

Funny you say that im looking for the same info,as i was told there is one soon,MK meet ment to be at the end of this month or statr of next????

scott

scott.parker
06-11-04, 07:11 PM
am sure i read in total vaux that karls vent was from eccosse

LOL cheers mate(we know you whent and got the mag for that one,lol) i just didnt know how it was spellt,lol

scott

epo
06-11-04, 07:16 PM
am not 100% sure where that mag is in the house ive deffo got it just dont know where

Ste_Nova
06-11-04, 07:19 PM
and a mental rag top. Rick

no comment... i just hope the seatbelts work :o

Mel
06-11-04, 07:58 PM
Any piks fella?

Karls... :D

Mk1! Nuff said :wink:

I am hoping my GTE will be HALF as good as Karl's one, and when (if!) it is, I will be more than proud.

I have mentioned this before but I am not a big fan of kitted novas. It's hard for me to like a kitted nova, unless its like Dan's yellow beast! There is only a VERY small majority kitted novas that I actually like. (It helps if they're mk1's as well! :wink: )

Al Wilson
06-11-04, 08:00 PM
^^^ :cry:

Ok. But my car is still in that photograph. You can just make out the roof lol

Mel
06-11-04, 08:02 PM
lol, Alex i DID love your now dismantled beast. :?

It's hard to make a "kitted" nova look good, and I think the small majority has pulled it off (Jim,Alex,Dan's yellow beast etc).

Al Wilson
06-11-04, 08:08 PM
lol, Alex i love your beast. :?

Why thank you Mel, it is quite a handful. lol

I know what you mean though, getting the balance just right is hard. I'm suprised at how well recieved mine was sometimes - it has everything in there - hardcore stripped rally interior, californan styling, jap styling and big wheels??? What a cross breed!!!

Al

krobinson
06-11-04, 08:31 PM
Good Nova's are dieing, but there's still LOADS being built! The number of fantastic Nova's being built at the moment, that are due out next summer is shocking. It should be a good year, and i for one cant bloody wait!

Keith

nova---chris
06-11-04, 09:09 PM
Should be a few decent cars about next year.
Hoping mine will be sorted and together by then :)
Things are progressing slowly . But ill get there :)

Karls is very tidy. bretts too as for kitted i think dan and ians were some of the best and some of the first ones to go mad.

The futures bright ' The futures Jap! :wink:

fafnova
06-11-04, 09:24 PM
your old car is sweet as a nut to chris you going 4 a kit next time then ? did velous build your whole engine just thinking what to do with my own!

scott.parker
06-11-04, 09:55 PM
Should be a few decent cars about next year.
Hoping mine will be sorted and together by then :)
Things are progressing slowly . But ill get there :)

Karls is very tidy. bretts too as for kitted i think dan and ians were some of the best and some of the first ones to go mad.

The futures bright ' The futures Jap! :wink:

dude dont do a kit... please..

scott

Mike
06-11-04, 10:14 PM
you are rite, unfortunatley kwaility nova's are die'ing out with chav saxo's taking over :x

as you prbbly no tho, at the mo and ova the winter there are a lot of 'works in progress' being built keepin the old skool vauxhall vibe alive and kicking, ive just forked out ?1200+ on a complete overhaul on my K reg SR. now it luks brand fcukin new!

nova's are now primarily about big power, however they r associated with boy racer's who drive them hard until meltdown :| but mine is not going without a damn gud fight, the previous owner had a rear end smash, its been stolen recovered since i owned it :cry: but as you know, you CANT kill a nova!

p.s. sorry bout the essay but its a delicate thread!

nova---chris
06-11-04, 10:18 PM
No kit / No dash / no nothing!

Minimal requriements! And one seriously prepped shell!

Watch this space!! :evil: 8)

Al Wilson
06-11-04, 10:23 PM
No dash

Do you know how long it took me to make that!? lol :D

Mike
06-11-04, 10:26 PM
thats the way! :D

anyway chris whereabouts in t westmids r u? i live in wednesfield?

nova---chris
06-11-04, 10:33 PM
walsall near the police station mate!
Not far at all!

drop by anytime!! :P

Mike
06-11-04, 10:37 PM
thats sound that m8, once me exhaust is fitted and rear suspension tweaked the ultra sleeper SR will be on t road so ill av to cum ova ur way! :P

scott.parker
07-11-04, 12:25 AM
pheew,well im glad to here your gong down the nasty road i fist tryed,lol..
no a kit can be ok,but i think you only do it to try to be,well uniqe,but in the ned it is just a nova,and they dont really pull off a full kit,so as i got board with mineoff it came,but im still going to do some oneoff mods to it,as there is still some left on there now,lol.

oh and i think we should try and organise a mids meet,get all nova load users from around the mids..brum walsall wooly derby any where in the mids,and then we could maybe make it a regular meet,but only if we all go that is....what ya think?

scott

General Baxter
07-11-04, 12:28 AM
oh and i think we should try and organise a mids meet,get all nova load users from around the mids..brum walsall wooly derby any where in the mids,and then we could maybe make it a regular meet,but only if we all go that is....what ya think?

scott

can i get a woot woot ?

Mike
07-11-04, 12:35 AM
get in! about time too :lol:

after x-mas fine for me, me nova luks different from sig tho. proper sleeper now. once ive piad credit cards its GSi kit, speedlines and rally slag graphic's!! :D :D

scott.parker
07-11-04, 12:41 AM
LOL i did try to get mike oxford into doing a mids meet up but he was too busy back then,and last time i tallked to him he was up in shefiled doing a computer corse,but i think we need to get one sorted as i have noticed there is more and more ppl on nl now from the mids..

scott

PS: we have gone well off topic now :lol:

Mike
07-11-04, 12:45 AM
scott ur a geezer, we're a bit of topic but ur still a top man! 8)

GT-Dub
07-11-04, 01:16 AM
http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/usr/h00d/h0050355/hijack.jpg

Is all I'm saying...

Mike
07-11-04, 01:26 AM
wtf :?: i no the nova scene is sum wot, overun in places with joyriding chav's/piky's but i fink a saw'n off 2 the head is a bit harsh! :o

but on the other hand, i can se ur piont. the local scrappies by me have got more corsa's than nova's now tho :?:

will combat kits rule the earth? will k'an'n fed corsa's be the new T40'd nova's? find out in about, erm, 10yrs give or take a couple :?

SKoob
07-11-04, 02:39 AM
imo, i think mines a good stealth project, no stick on rubbish and I think its a good build 8)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/SKoob/My%20Nova/New%20Pics%20with%20engine/5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/SKoob/My%20Nova/New%20Pics%20with%20engine/6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/SKoob/My%20Nova/New%20Pics%20with%20engine/3.jpg
8)

Dan
07-11-04, 09:03 AM
tbh they are still around in as many numbers. Only difference is back in the day people didnt mind getting featured when the mags were better, but now peeps dont bother as its not so much of a done thing.

The more common now is the sleeper or track car look

GT-Dub
07-11-04, 04:59 PM
WISE WORD's From the bouncer...

The pik is a Hijack BTW fella, As in Post hijack cas it went way off topic lol.

GT-Dub
07-11-04, 04:59 PM
imo, i think mines a good stealth project, no stick on rubbish and I think its a good build 8)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/SKoob/My%20Nova/New%20Pics%20with%20engine/5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/SKoob/My%20Nova/New%20Pics%20with%20engine/6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/SKoob/My%20Nova/New%20Pics%20with%20engine/3.jpg
8)

Now that.... That I like...

karl Rowntree
07-11-04, 05:25 PM
Puts a smaile on my face to know people still appreciate my car 2 years after i built it :wink: Though i am glad its tucked up now for a year or two as i want to experience a few more cars before i settle down :lol: Watch this space, my modding days on the nova arent over yet.

I personally think next year is going to be THE best year for quality well built novas with many being built at the moment. I am looking forward to seeing Keiths and allso Ricks mental turbo both of which i am sure will have amazing specs aswell as the all important build quality. So many more being built aswell i cant wait to take year out of my own car so i have the time to appreciate everyone elses cars at the shows.

Karl

j1400
07-11-04, 06:30 PM
I think you don't see them on the roads so much, they are mostly being turned in to track items now a days. There's lots going on this winter. Although personally I like to wait till summer and it's warm to climb under the car.

epo
07-11-04, 07:21 PM
. Although personally I like to wait till summer and it's warm to climb under the car.

ditto ive lost all get up and go with it nows its dark nights ect

krobinson
07-11-04, 07:24 PM
Puts a smaile on my face to know people still appreciate my car 2 years after i built it :wink: Though i am glad its tucked up now for a year or two as i want to experience a few more cars before i settle down :lol: Watch this space, my modding days on the nova arent over yet.

I personally think next year is going to be THE best year for quality well built novas with many being built at the moment. I am looking forward to seeing Keiths and allso Ricks mental turbo both of which i am sure will have amazing specs aswell as the all important build quality. So many more being built aswell i cant wait to take year out of my own car so i have the time to appreciate everyone elses cars at the shows.

Karl

I'll be pretty disapointed not to see your Nova at the show's next year Karl! It will be good to see martin's with the turbo, and hopefully Andy's (if he ever get's started back into it) I'm more excited about this year, as i'll finally have the car for the full season, and will try to attend everything.

What i really want is a load of group photo's, with mine somewhere amonst them, something to show the kids (if they ever come)

Keith

scott.parker
07-11-04, 07:38 PM

Karl

I'll be pretty disapointed not to see your Nova at the show's next year Karl! It will be good to see martin's with the turbo, and hopefully Andy's (if he ever get's started back into it) I'm more excited about this year, as i'll finally have the car for the full season, and will try to attend everything.

What i really want is a load of group photo's, with mine somewhere amonst them, something to show the kids (if they ever come)

Keith

What i really want is a load of group photo's, with mine somewhere amonst them, something to show the kids (if i ever come) :lol:

But yeah joking to one side. i get where your coming rom keith..
i also would like to get a group pic with yours say mike oxfords and karls and andy bishops,if he dose compleat it..

scott

epo
07-11-04, 08:25 PM

Keith

ill swap you jack for one of your nova's if you want

he comes toilet trained too at no extra charge
id prefer the twin 40 sr if poss :lol: :lol: :lol:

hendrix
07-11-04, 08:50 PM
short answer to the thread. yes they are (just look at my car!! :lol: )
should be nice and subtle when i get finish (hopefully get me student loan soon)
I will probably wait till summer for respray tho cuz i dont want my new paint gettin wet over winter.

Alex Mac
08-11-04, 12:48 PM
I think that nova numbers are dropping but I also think the quality of nova rebuilds are improving, maybe we are learning from years of experience, like a fine wine it gets better and better as it matures

On reading through the post I noticed the old body kit fight starting once again and I can (i think) see were you are all coming from, some kits are really badly fitted and in some cases they do not compliment the nova lines ie the jap sytle, but you look at other well fitted and customised jap bumper sometimes they do not look that bad, I myself have a kitted nova and your comments so far have been good as I have considered the above points, and tried to be that wee bit different (believe me its very hard to do), that is why people put on kits to be that little bit different, life would be pretty boring if we went into a show car park and couldnt find our novas as they all look the same.

But, onto the original look novas I think they will be the way of the future, (eg Keiths, Karls etc ) most of us fell in love with the nova as we first seen it, in its original form, put it this way how many mantas, cevys have you seen recently with big kits etc (setting aside the 400s HS), this is because people are going to great lenghts to restore them to there original condition as they remember them in their younger day

So , I think you will find that more and more novas will be appearing as original or near to examples

Only my thoughts

Alex

ps check out my feature below kitted novas are not all that bad
:D

Divaldo
08-11-04, 01:17 PM
mine will be a quality nova wen i get my licence back!! god only no's wen and how but i will get there!

DrivingSpanner
08-11-04, 01:26 PM
how on gods earth did u loose your licence??? Driven like a maniac for the last three years and not a single point!!! been pulled a few times tho!!!

Divaldo
08-11-04, 03:34 PM
jus been unlucky,

scott.parker
08-11-04, 06:19 PM
I think that nova numbers are dropping but I also think the quality of nova rebuilds are improving, maybe we are learning from years of experience, like a fine wine it gets better and better as it matures

On reading through the post I noticed the old body kit fight starting once again and I can (i think) see were you are all coming from, some kits are really badly fitted and in some cases they do not compliment the nova lines ie the jap sytle, but you look at other well fitted and customised jap bumper sometimes they do not look that bad, I myself have a kitted nova and your comments so far have been good as I have considered the above points, and tried to be that wee bit different (believe me its very hard to do), that is why people put on kits to be that little bit different, life would be pretty boring if we went into a show car park and couldnt find our novas as they all look the same.

But, onto the original look novas I think they will be the way of the future, (eg Keiths, Karls etc ) most of us fell in love with the nova as we first seen it, in its original form, put it this way how many mantas, cevys have you seen recently with big kits etc (setting aside the 400s HS), this is because people are going to great lenghts to restore them to there original condition as they remember them in their younger day

So , I think you will find that more and more novas will be appearing as original or near to examples

Only my thoughts

Alex

I totaly agree with you mate,im hopeing that mine once it is finished (more like if,lol)
it shell be a very individual car,well i hope so..but you dont get that many siklviolet one's around..so thats a start..

scott

scott.parker
08-11-04, 06:31 PM

Only my thoughts

Alex

Oh mate i also have some pics off mantas at billing,and they wer very modid,there on my phone i have one..

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/6173/manta.jpg

Not that you can see in the pic,but this was in the rong shade of whit,like a dimond white color,where as it should be ivory white..and it had a jap style can on back,i thnik it's got a nice engine but i just liked the standard bodys of the other mantas that wer there.

scott

skud52
08-11-04, 07:34 PM
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/901big.jpg

Nuff said...

Mike
09-11-04, 08:11 PM
old skool cool and subtle wins everytime. :D

with the amount of rebuilds going on this year (including my own motor) in the summer there shud be sum nice nova's ready for some mahoosive group photo's :lol:

roll on nxt summer!!!!!!!!!!