PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a 1.0. Help!

BoiledEgg
05-11-04, 04:24 PM
Hi,
This is my first Nova, it's a G Reg 1.0 Base Model with 65,000 miles on the clock. I only paid ?100 for it, probably they are only worth that much!

Anyhow, few questions:

The interior looks s**t. Its all grey plastic and ugly. Whats the best way to change this - where do I get new ones from?

The dashboard too, I would like a nice one, maybe a digi one - but not sure as I think I have a Mk 1? (How do you tell the difference between mk1 and 2?) Could I put in a different model cars dash in?

The interior is what I want to change first.
Please be gentle with me if you answer :oops: :D

Ben
05-11-04, 04:30 PM
you are 99% going to have a Mk1, you can fit a digi dash but its harder than the MK2's.

Get a GTE interior for ?25-30 or a top of the range GSi one from ?120+.

Look in the for sale section on here.

Dpnova
05-11-04, 04:30 PM
you can pick up an sr interor cheap and it will just brigten it all up a bit

Ben
05-11-04, 04:31 PM
Oh biggest tip using the site, beware of Denny the ass rapist.

Dpnova
05-11-04, 04:32 PM
lmfao cheers ben.....i turn you down one night and you get all funny with me

BoiledEgg
05-11-04, 04:34 PM
Whoa! Replies already :D 8) Thanks!

So, I can only have a Nova Interior? You know the side panels where that fabric is, can you change that into something better? Or even make some more with fabric?

Please don't laugh at my ignorace :oops:

Nicola

PS Has anyone got any pics of a GSi interior?

Dpnova
05-11-04, 04:36 PM
oh a girly...hiya 8) any pics of you lol you can re-trim the fabric on the door cards yourself

BoiledEgg
05-11-04, 04:40 PM
oh a girly...hiya 8) any pics of you lol you can re-trim the fabric on the door cards yourself

Hiya 8) , so I can trim the sides in a cow print fabric, to match the cow print seat covers, thats cool. I was thinking about a black and white interior and a blue and white on the outside. Its white at the moment with some grey (bumper etc) I like the 'clean' look. I don't these shopping trolley spoilers :evil: I;ve seen someones on here which looks good, practically all white on the outside.

Ben
05-11-04, 04:42 PM
Wooooo

Wait for the 3 page thread coming up!!!

Oh yeah, welcome.

srs1
05-11-04, 05:58 PM
as already said, you can retrim the side panels in your own fabric.
or you can use gte/gsi/sr and sri ones as they have material on them.

as for the dash, you can put a corsa one in, but its a lot of work to get it to fit.
probably the simplest thing to do to the inerior is, use one of those dash sprays. you can change the colour to what you want then.

srs1
05-11-04, 05:59 PM
oh yes.

and welcome to the site.

what made you chose that name by the way?

epo
05-11-04, 07:53 PM
i was gonna ask about the name too

and how do and welcome

burgo
05-11-04, 08:10 PM
oh a girly...hiya 8) any pics of you lol you can re-trim the fabric on the door cards yourself so predictable denny

BoiledEgg
05-11-04, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome :D

I chose this name ages ago on an online gaming forum so the young boys ;) wouldn't know if I was male or female! And it's just kinda stuck with me :lol:

srs1
05-11-04, 11:29 PM
interesting, i thought it was cause you wanted your eggs un-firtilised. lmao

Spud
06-11-04, 12:31 AM
if you dont wanna spend mega bucks on getting a gsi internals, get yourself down to halfords or similar and have a look at he seat covers. got mine from there about 25 quid and it looks alright

BoiledEgg
06-11-04, 11:36 PM
Thanks for that info, but I've seen some in Argos :oops: that I like - cow print, I'm going to do the door cards to match!

scott.parker
07-11-04, 12:35 AM
Slow on the welcome but hi and welcome to the site.
Im sorry i know your a girl,but do you really want to do it in cow print?
it just seams like a statement of the type of person driving it... :lol:

I just dont think it is the best looking thing to have in a car,when i have seen it before,but it is your choice,but just dont get the cow print steeringwheel cover as well :lol:

scott

Thanks for that info, but I've seen some in
Argos :oops: that I like - cow print, I'm going to do the door cards to match!

Mike
07-11-04, 02:27 AM
hi and welcome to NL

"cowprint" its the future! :D

are you sure you really want to cover the seats in that pattern?

Riggy
07-11-04, 12:29 PM
:D hi and welsome to NL

but i think it would lok better if you got an sri interior with the door cards and for the dash you could have a mk2 dash fitted then fit the digi dials :D

NOVA_GTEUK
07-11-04, 03:55 PM
Welcome To NL :P

I just love it when foxy ladie joins up it turns into at least 4 pages off dribble :lol:

Col_Mk1
07-11-04, 05:27 PM
hi welcum any pics of the car and urself???? :wink:

Philsutton
07-11-04, 05:35 PM
cow print is an interesting one, any reason why?
oh an welcome