PDA

View Full Version : Roof Lining

MattNova
05-11-04, 08:13 AM
can someone please tell me how to remove your roof lining?!?!?! i want to fit a bee sting areal to the car, but i dont know how to remove the roof lining.

cheers Mazzanova

probert_nova
05-11-04, 09:23 AM
take the plastic trim off the ends that the headlining is hiding behind and you'l find it his held in by some glue stuff, gently peel it back coz the lining is easy to rip. the lining around the windows is folded under the rubber surrounds (again be gentle). if you wana take the metal support bars out, push both ends of bar towards each other and the bar should pop out of its support hole. you gota take ya time though. i'd go to a scrapyard and practice first, i went through two headlings before getting one out without without a tear.

good luck mate

robb
05-11-04, 09:24 AM
Start by taking the boot rubber seal off at the top, then the rest is really self explanatory as you go, I take it you got a guide? Have you thought about fitting it in the door pillar out of sight? I going to but no car and project not need ariel :twisted:.

MattNova
05-11-04, 09:51 AM
Have you thought about fitting it in the door pillar out of sight? I going to but no car and project not need ariel :twisted:.

^^not really sure what you mean by this :oops:^^

find it his held in by some glue stuff

^^what is this glue stuff and will it still be stick for re-lining? or will i have to buy more? if so where can i get it from?^^

probert_nova
05-11-04, 01:20 PM
the glue should re-stick no problem.

MattNova
05-11-04, 01:27 PM
CHEERS prbert_nova

Robb????

Adam
05-11-04, 06:35 PM
Have you thought about fitting it in the door pillar out of sight? I going to but no car and project not need ariel :twisted:.

^^not really sure what you mean by this :oops:^^

He means put the ariel in your door pillar, a hidden ariel.
But i put a beesting on my mk3 astra roof and that gots an alright signal so i don't think in the door pillar will work too good.

Cheeze
06-11-04, 03:01 PM
the glue ur on about is known as a contact adhesive, get it from b&q etc, u prob will need it to stick the edges back on

robb
08-11-04, 09:40 AM
Sorry no access on weekends!

yeah i meant in the door pillar, just get a good powered ariel, best off going to a radio shop not car shop for good ariels.

And I meant, I aint got a car to try it on, and my project aint gonna have an ariel!

MattNova
08-11-04, 11:05 AM
oh rite ill have a look around and let you know the output

cheers all :D

Ryan3k1
10-11-04, 03:18 PM
It's a B!TCH 2 fit the roof lining in again tho trust me!!!