PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! really urgent

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:09 AM
just spoke to my garage guy!!
he wants to know in 15 mins, if I want my front arch on the rear arch ??

so it could get me a 60mm drop on 17's?
thats the best way for clearance he said, otherwise its gonna be so wide and will look stupid.

what u think??

also, I need a new GSi front bumper ...?125 from Vauxhall.
or shall I get a one-off fibre glass one made for about ?300, incorporating the splitter and fog lights ??

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:18 AM
don't get fibre glass !!!!!!!! I had a fibre glass front bumper and it was shit !!!!

I don't know what the fuck you are on about with the arches ? front arch on rear arch ???

explain yourself boy !!!!!!

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:23 AM
how the front arch curves around the wheel,
he will replace the rear arch with that.

so all arches will look the same.
can get 60mm clearance easy then.
cos with the normal rear arch it will look stupidly wide

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:30 AM
eeeuuurrrhhhhhh that would look disgusting !!

Daves got a 60mm drop on 17's and he hasn't widened his arches. Why do you need to ?

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:35 AM
spax is 35mm drop...
want other springs can get lower

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:42 AM
David just assured me that 35mm drop on a GSi is enough, as it can go lower usually by itself ...and with my bass box, that will be heavy ...just see what my garage guy says now...

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:43 AM
my kit is a g-max 60mm kit and Ive got 16's my rear arches are fine. (wheels are et49) as far as 17" Kahns go you can only get et45 but it should be fine if the rear arches have been grinded right back. You can pull the arches out a bit at the back to give you a couple more millimetres clearance without sticking wide arches on or any of that bollox. with 17's on a 35 mm drop will still look the tits !

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:50 AM
going for a new GSi bumper ?106+vat = ?124.55. and Sloughh Vauxhall got one in stock, picking that up later in afternoon.

my current one has too much breakage in corner to fix, he says...

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:55 AM
don't let him keep it Sid, I'll have iot off you for a small fee !

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:59 AM
he is persuading me to do fibre glass thing on front and rear for the number plate recess...
I want plastic welding, see if he can fix the front with that first, cos plastic welding is best way for the rear

Anonymous
30-11-01, 11:20 AM
arnt the kahn 17's 7.5" wide?

Anonymous
30-11-01, 11:30 AM
if you do buy a new one, let me take your old busted one off your hands. I mite try and build a one off bumper if I can be arsed, I also want to practice my meshing techniques for when I do my bumper, grille and scoop.

Let me know Sid, and about the eyebrows.

Anonymous
30-11-01, 11:48 AM
(Damien, if all goes to plan, the eyebrows and bumper are yours.
Breeny - wheels are 7 x 17)

Right ...just spoke to him...

Arches - not going to be like a 4/5 door nova, but the arch bit that goes over the wheel will be ever so slightly curved, showing 1/2 inch of the tyre, as opposed to no tyre. slightly oval he said, a unique arch. Not too much off the lip, which will be groinded, but still to keep the strength needed if it has a crash.

Bonnet - need a new one, its all full of filler, gotta recess the air vents into them, and a badboy bonnet

Doors - "Suicide" doors!! he has done them. Open the other way, back to front. He has been changing the a & b posts over, the door strengthening & all internals etc
He has used 9 doors in total.

Boot - Flushed tailgate already

Rear Bumper - plastic welding the rear plate into it

Front bumper - ordered a new one today - gonna deseam the piping.

Seams & Guttering - all removed, flush & smooth

Engine bay - seam welding it - not sure on that yet...

Colour options - Special Effects Red (like on the old Honda bikes?) Painted silver with a red INK (not paint) lacquered over it. He says it may be TOO loud for a small car??
or Gemini 0006 Red, which is like normal red, but with a flip when u get close up to a bit unusual light gold. (He recommends this one)

I am gonna go see him one Sunday, between 10am - 2pm. Gotta decide when.

PRICE - I had a heart attack ...what do you think all the above would cost me???

Anonymous
30-11-01, 11:58 AM
no dont do nothing to the rear archs just grind them/ roll them and lair them a bit dont reshape them what ever you do it will look shit i saw a nova at the natinal with the arch cut to the shape of the whell it looked shit
it is no longer a nova if you change the aches that is one of the best bits about the nova !

i aint laughing no more and those stupid little faces can fuck off !

http://www.novaload.net/content/upload/Pb270012(breeny).jpg

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:03 PM
to much!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:12 PM
The arch will be "elongated". need a new one anyway, cos its all f**ked.
It wont be to the shape of the wheel, abit oval, and still flat (so no ridged bit like the 5 door arch) and still crease in the wings.

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:25 PM
?3k ???

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:30 PM
too much to spend on a nova

"these nothing more addictive than speed, for those ten seconds i am FREE!!!!!!!"

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:35 PM
He said its between ?3500 to ?4000 !!
thats if I want the car before Xmas.
?3000-?3500 if I say 1st February...

(told him Belgian show is then!!)

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:49 PM
you know what his timescales are like, If you say February it'll be July !!!!!

Anonymous
30-11-01, 12:55 PM
What shall I do ????
I know he will do the work properly ...so over the long term it will be worth it, which is the reason I said "I'm keeping it for my kids!" ...no point in selling it, ever!
He was doing work on it when HE called me, and is now for the rest of time til Xmas, at least.
Should I leave some of that work out?? if so, what?
(He has done the doors, and tailgate ...and doing arches right now)

Anonymous
30-11-01, 03:58 PM
I take it that this is all getting a bit out of control moneywise?? The answer is simple don't try and rush the job along which will spread the payment period out. If you miss Belgium then so be it. Its better than being stoney broke. Pay him upto date before Xmas so he is happy. Agree a final date then whilst he's on your side and tell him you'll pay the rest on on completion.
At least this way you're not losing money running the car and the shitty winter road conditions aren't ruining the bodywork.

Anonymous
30-11-01, 04:05 PM
He has had if for 7 months!!
but then again, instead of charging me ?40 an hour, he is charging ?7 an hour...

I defo want to go Belgium, or I'll never get it back!

Anonymous
30-11-01, 04:38 PM
Sid, when you going to find out if I can have the bumper and eyebrows ?

Anonymous
30-11-01, 04:56 PM
Ordering my new bumper 2moro, from Barnsley, so that he can pick it up and get to work.
I'll find out about the old bumper and eyebrows when I actually go up there ...he wants me to physically see what he has done, and discuss with me exactly what else I want.

(wheel well cutiing out would be good, but I dunno how he would take that, & I certainly dont wanna add more cost on! so we see how it goes)
My girlfriends gonna kill me too!! I'll have to tell her its less.

I have to find a car to go up there on any Sunday. He is open 10am to 2pm. If you wanna take me, then u can have the bumper for free?

Anonymous
30-11-01, 06:25 PM
I am going up to Barnsley this Sunday now ...I gotta see what he is doing !!
Gotta a Focus to go in, with my bro.

Anonymous
30-11-01, 07:05 PM
Why are you putting the front arche on the rear, so you can fit wider tyres and drop more? Just remember that the tyre has to be covered in order to be road legal, so if the tyres arnt flush with the edge of the arch then you'll get done major!

Anonymous
30-11-01, 07:33 PM
mr vicious 3000 GRAND ! he is northern i would expect to pay that down here but c'mon
and does 7 squid an hour include is sleeping ?
doors sound kev though

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
30-11-01, 10:13 PM
y r u p[utting up wiv this, he sounds fuking dodgy to fuk! if he was a professional he would of done it months and months ago

"these nothing more addictive than speed, for those ten seconds i am FREE!!!!!!!"

Anonymous
01-12-01, 05:49 PM
What can I do?? he has my car and all the other bits.
For the actual work he is doing, there is no other garage that will touch the car. And they would charge me more,to be fair. But my argument with him is that he quoted me ?1500 in May, now its ?4000! Now saying that he is working it out on an hourly basis, but before it was a striaght quote.

He has done one side of the car, taken off the guttering & seams, and if I take it back from him to go elsewhere, then I'll be worse off, as A) gotta find another suitable garage B) its near Xmas, whose gonna touch my car now C) car aint driveable! D) he will still want money from me for what he has done. E) I know his workmanship is good, even though he is a f*cking me about!

Anyway,I'm just gonna have to say it this way to him & see what he says...
although I know that answer already (giving up ?500 a day work (from Portakabin) to do my car, at a cost price.

Anonymous
02-12-01, 09:37 PM
Just back from Barnsley
...after all the slating I have given the man, gotta say he's doing a fine job!
The doors look "kev"!!
Agreed ?3k, and a date of 17th January 2002. He is gonna do my sema welding & strengthening too... I get a courtesy car too, so dont need a runabout now!

A couple of questions:
-Shall I keep my GSi skirts on there (or change for other style...like LeCat, or leave them off)?
-Is the rear GSi bumper much different to a GTE smoothed rear (like VauxStyle?)

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:19 PM
fcuking hell m8 u need to be more asertive m8! u sound like u dont know wat u want, if i was paying ?3000 plus on my car id have a very clear picture ov wat i wanted dun to it, Although it sounds like it will be tidy when finished. Dont like the sound ov cutting the rear arches "oval" style, i think it looks "kev" wen sum ov the wheel is hiding behind the rear arch! But wat do i know.

Daz9124@aol.com

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:25 PM
He has done the arch ...it looks ok to me, other option was widening it slightly, (not as much as Karthiks) cos I dont want NO scrubbage at all, >> car lower with springs, with bass, and occasionally passengers!
I know exactly what u saying though, but it aint round like way over the wheel

Anonymous
02-12-01, 11:34 PM
If uve seen it and ur happy then it must look ok m8, And if u ask me Karthiks looks a bit too savage but we have to let him off 4 having 19's!

Twitchin like a pigs eye!