PDA

View Full Version : FAO Philsutton - Saxo Death!

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:04 PM
Thought you would like this phil. Poor Vtr :lol:
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/images/large/308113.jpg
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/images/large/308112.jpg
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/images/large/308111.jpg
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/images/large/308115.jpg
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/images/large/308114.jpg

There is a load more at
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/list.php?t=B&makemodel=Citroen&fueltype=any&catcode=&orderby

Col_Mk1
04-11-04, 01:13 PM
woo hoo another dead :P

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:20 PM
my mate had a silver Vtr which he wrote off. was driving like a t**t supprisingly :roll: , doing 70 in a 40. A cavvy pulled out on him and he managed to slow down but still went into the back of it. It crushed his front up like a tin can lol. there was hardly any damage to the cavvy tho :lol:
The saxo has been sat rusting in his back yard for months now lol
That was the second Vtr he crashed in 2 months
saxo drivers eh :lol: :roll:

-Bruce-
04-11-04, 01:21 PM
to be honist i dont think thats very funny. looks like a serious crash there. i have seen a couple saxos in the scrapy that people have died in, its not funny.

bruce

Fester
04-11-04, 01:22 PM
What's wrong with the Saxo? It's just a newer and better Nova...

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:24 PM
What's wrong with the Saxo? It's just a newer and better Nova...
I didnt say there was anything wrong with them apart from the pedals being close together, i just thought phil would like the pics.

Broos, surely if someone died in the car it wouldnt be in that part of the scrapyard, usually they just get crushed as soon as the police finish with them, or so i thought anyway

Col_Mk1
04-11-04, 01:25 PM
What's wrong with the Saxo? It's just a newer and better Nova... its french

Fester
04-11-04, 01:26 PM
and...

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:27 PM
handles like s**t

Fester
04-11-04, 01:29 PM
That is total bollocks. I've never owned any cars other than Novas, I have no vested interests here; the Saxo was put on a pedestal for it's handling by all critiques with any kind of reputation.

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:31 PM
prolly cuz my mate had tires like slicks :roll:

dan_mk1
04-11-04, 01:32 PM
Lmfao!!!! so a saxo handles shit....correct me if im wrong, but the 106 gti was rated 3rd best handling car of all time by Jeremy Clarkson, beaten by a 'Rarri 360 and summin else (which i cant remember for the life of me!)

The Saxo is based upon the 106, so i fail to see how they 'handle like shit'

Have you driven a nova? the term 'wobbly comes to mind, and as Fester said, its just a newer nova! but better!

Fester
04-11-04, 01:33 PM
Refering to the description given of your mates crash I can't see how the handling abilities of the car contributed to the accident.

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:33 PM
my nova handles fine

dan_mk1
04-11-04, 01:34 PM

Well done! Here ya go chavster! just for you, will go nice in your green nova.....

http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/200304/uschamps/senior/kwan-medal.jpg

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:34 PM
Refering to the description given of your mates crash I can't see how the handling abilities of the car contributed to the accident.
didnt say it did

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:36 PM
is it just me or has this post turned into some argument/rant. lol

Fester
04-11-04, 01:38 PM
prolly cuz my mate had tires like slicks :roll:

This comment was made in reponse to mine about the handling abilities of the Saxo. My comment was made in reponse to:

handles like s**t

This was in context, with the benefit of hindsight, a direct reference to your mates car, or so it seems.

hendrix
04-11-04, 01:40 PM
well its the only saxo i drove!

Dpnova
04-11-04, 02:08 PM
i dont like the pedels on saxos....to cramped

Jules
04-11-04, 02:25 PM
Put it all on RED!!!!

Whoops!! Wrong thread!!

:lol:

Col_Mk1
04-11-04, 03:25 PM

Well done! Here ya go chavster! just for you, will go nice in your green nova.....

load of medals back at u :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/colvalva/owned/medal.jpg

robb
04-11-04, 03:33 PM
Sounds a bit seroius when someone was only upholding the supposed nova vs saxo fued (sp).

But then again it does look a bit of a nasty crash.

Dpnova
04-11-04, 03:55 PM
whys there a fued

epo
04-11-04, 04:12 PM
might suprise a few but uncle epo nearly had a saxo before the sri

the only reason i never got it was they wouldnt givwe me free insureance on the finance deal i wanted

i didnt mind it the only thing i didnt like was it rev'd the same as the sri
much higher than my gte

pedals were fine for me and i have size 10 feet

Col_Mk1
04-11-04, 04:16 PM
ud of lucked good in saxo wid burberry cap :lol:

epo
04-11-04, 04:17 PM

i look good no matter what am Epo :lol: :lol:

Dpnova
04-11-04, 04:17 PM
i didnt like the pedals dont know why i had troble with them

hendrix
04-11-04, 04:18 PM
my SRi revs exactly the same in 5th as my 1ltr used to in 4th (4-speed box)

Col_Mk1
04-11-04, 04:18 PM
i didnt like the pedals dont know why i had troble with them there close 2 geva

Col_Mk1
04-11-04, 04:19 PM

i look good no matter what am Epo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
04-11-04, 04:25 PM
saxo's are for homos get used to it. Why do you always go on about how amazing they handle, ive yet to see proof of this magical gift they have

Stuart
04-11-04, 04:59 PM
kids leave it.

novas handle like a bag of shitte unless you fix it!

and the 205? is that a heap of poo? umm NO the 205 is french etc but hell id have one over a nova any day of the week, its just more economical tomess about with a nova.

youve all had your heads banged together

Chris
04-11-04, 05:29 PM
youve all had your heads banged together

OUCH!!!

scott.parker
04-11-04, 08:54 PM
ah got to half way down first page....got bored,i posted a saxo post,but only once(we know what happend that time,lol)

i dont care anymore,look i hate saxo's just duet to most(not all) the pll i have met that drive them are total plebs,and think there saxo is the best thing on the earth,(there wrong it my nova :lol: )

As for handeling,well my 205 1.8 diesel van handels well on th rear due to the torsion bar suspesion,but it floats like a boat on the fron,lol

scott

Riggy
04-11-04, 11:15 PM

dan this pic gets funnier every time i see it :D :D :D

the original have a medel pic lol :D

burgo
05-11-04, 12:27 AM
1. i think the problem phil has with saxo's is more the kind of people who drive them not the actual cars them selfs *waits to be corrected*

2. that crashed saxo isnt funny!! thats a very nasty crash which im sure someone probably got hurt in 'hence why its not funny'

3. "saxo handling is crap" what complete bollocks!! i know someone with a saxo who can make it dance they handle so well, plus as sed based on the 106 voted 3rd best handling car and is also a very close relative of the 205 which is the best handling hot hatch!! oh yeah and pedels being close together is a good thing by the way

4. saxo's are quick!! theres no dening it unfortunetly.

p.s. i personnelly still would never have a saxo

scott.parker
05-11-04, 06:52 PM
saxo's are quick!! theres no dening it unfortunetly.

Compared to what? and what saxo are you thinking? vts/vtr...humm the vtr is quite slow for the type of car it is ment ot be..

But the vts is a nice,yes i said nice small fast for it's class car.
(i was going to get a saxo vts insted of a nova :roll: but then i realised it would be a while before i could fiddle with it,as your not alowed to mod them till it's out of warenty(sp*) so i when t for an older car,plus you dont loose loads onm an old car when you buy it..just when you mod it :lol: ).

Oh though i would just drop this in(i found it funny) a guy in a clio 1.2 tryed to overtake me on my way home today(wide open road)so i droped it down a kog and put my boot down(in my 1.8 205 diesel van this is) and i slowly,and i mean slowly pulled away from him :lol: not bad for a van......waits for comments on how i should not use this type of stupid driving.. :)

scott

burgo
05-11-04, 07:02 PM
saxo's are quick!! theres no dening it unfortunetly.

Compaird to what? and what saxo are you thinking? vts/vtr...humm the vtr is quite slow for the type of car it is ment ot be..compared to other standard hot hatches i spose

Oh though i would just drop this in(i found it funny) a guy in a clio 1.2 tryed to overtake me on my way home today(wide open road)so i droped it down a kog and put my boot down(in my 1.8 205 diesel van this is) and i slowly,and i mean slowly pulled away from him :lol: not bad for a van......waits for comments on how i should not use this type of stupid driving.. :)

scott and i say go for it show him up in ya derve lol

dan_mk1
07-11-04, 12:59 AM
Saxo's are quick cars for standard, quicker than the equivalant hatches, aint no denying it....

Phil_G
07-11-04, 01:10 AM

Your post would have looked better typed in english..

Phil

Rach
07-11-04, 03:06 AM

Your post would have looked better typed in english..

Phil

very well said...

damn you supernova putting us cumbrians down... :roll:

type in bloody english man...!

dan_mk1
07-11-04, 11:20 AM
Just a side note regarding this:

I just recieved this pm from the infamous supernova:

hi my mate just got a clio 1.4 u no any good clio forums?

lol!!!!!!

Rach
07-11-04, 11:33 AM

LOL

nam
07-11-04, 12:37 PM
Saxo's are quick cars for standard, quicker than the equivalant hatches, aint no denying it....

even tho i hate saxo's i have to agree, my bro's mate has got one and to be honest it is quick, when my bro had the cavvy sri 130 that was even with it and my bro new how to drive the cav.

scott.parker
07-11-04, 01:21 PM

even tho i hate saxo's i have to agree, my bro's mate has got one and to be honest it is quick, when my bro had the cavvy sri 130 that was even with it and my bro new how to drive the cav.

my mates old 1.4 sr mk1 beet a cav sri 2.0 8v 130.

scott

Philsutton
07-11-04, 04:36 PM
nam wrote:
dan_mk1 wrote:

the cav is a very big car compared to a saxo, and have roughly the same power. That strengthens the argument that saxos crap

dan_mk1
07-11-04, 08:21 PM
He didnt say which model the saxo was, a vts would piss all over a cav sri, saxo's are quicker than novas as standard, get over it :roll:

hendrix
07-11-04, 08:44 PM
saxo's are quicker than novas as standard,
i disagree
Nova GTE 1.6 8v is quicker all round than a Saxo VTR 1.6 8v

Philsutton
07-11-04, 09:12 PM
He didnt say which model the saxo was, a vts would p**s all over a cav sri, saxo's are quicker than novas as standard, get over it

an i would piss all over a saxo, an be a lot quicker than one as well

Philsutton
07-11-04, 09:13 PM
oh a i think we need to organise a saxo/nova track day to end the argument :D

scott.parker
07-11-04, 09:20 PM
He didnt say which model the saxo was, a vts would p**s all over a cav sri, saxo's are quicker than novas as standard, get over it

an i would p**s all over a saxo, an be a lot quicker than one as well

lol remindes me of chris 16vs old sig...
scott

hendrix
07-11-04, 09:21 PM
great idea phil
every nova with an engine the same size/number of valves is quicker than a saxo
allegedly the saxo handles better so would be good to see round the track, novas would edge it i think

General Baxter
07-11-04, 09:30 PM
they are the total boy racer car

the amount its costing me to insure my 2L (all mods) i could get a 1.1 std saxo

Philsutton
07-11-04, 09:30 PM
allegedly the saxo handles better so would be good to see round the track, novas would edge it i think

i am sick of people going on about how well they handle, yet when i went to see some hot stocks racers round donington park the novas where beating everything else which included saxo's, 205's and fiestas. The saxos where the only cars that spun out.
Really does need to be done though, sometime next year get some saxos an some novas on a track.

hendrix
07-11-04, 09:32 PM
thats why i said allegedly, because im yet to see it!!

Dpnova
08-11-04, 08:19 AM
LMFAO VTS' are quicker than gtes/gsi's ive had some good races with them but no matter how much we cry they are quicker. Lets be honest novas arent the best handling car standard are they

robb
08-11-04, 09:30 AM
Saxo's are also newer, compare the nova to other hot hatches in it's day, the GSi would have had the 205 GTi (1.6) covering it with spray from the back wheels!

Nova's are shite standard, but are cheap easy and very rewarding to work on and make better.

as for saxos handling well, my ex's saxo 900cc/1.1??? well it's slow and handles like a bag of shite, but then so does a nova 1L.

nam
08-11-04, 04:10 PM

scott

mk2? me bro pissed over alot of things could have been the ways he drove it but o well. The saxo is a vts and the cav would be with it all the way. but again it could be down to driving, knowing the roads etc.....

scott.parker
08-11-04, 05:27 PM

scott

mk2? me bro p**s over alot of things could have been the ways he drove it but o well. The saxo is a vts and the cav would be with it all the way. but again it could be down to driving, knowing the roads etc.....

what's the question mark for after mk2?

?? scott

hendrix
08-11-04, 05:32 PM
LMFAO VTS' are quicker than gtes/gsi's ive had some good races with them but no matter how much we cry they are quicker. Lets be honest novas arent the best handling car standard are they
a vts will beat a nova gte/gsi its 16v!!!!
a vtr wont, its 8v like the gte/gsi

dan_mk1
08-11-04, 06:00 PM
lol! how much does a cav weigh?? 1300kg?
a saxo weighs 800ish, both with 130bhp...hard maths that one!

scott.parker
08-11-04, 06:02 PM
lol im loving this post,brings back memorey of when i joined :lol:

if i could be arsed i would go find the post..but im not... :D

scott

nam
08-11-04, 10:12 PM
scott its to ask in the cav was a mk 2, as i have said many times so far and will probly say more it could be down to the drivers, but that saxo is the only one i have been in and to be honest i was impress with how quick it was, but over 100mph it just rattled and rattled.

scott.parker
09-11-04, 05:16 PM
scott its to ask in the cav was a mk 2, as i have said many times so far and will probly say more it could be down to the drivers, but that saxo is the only one i have been in and to be honest i was impress with how quick it was, but over 100mph it just rattled and rattled.

ok mate got you...lol at rattles,you want to here my nova once i gover 130,i have to turn the cd up so i carnt here the squeks and rattles of the dash,and rear strut brace.. :lol:

scott

Dpnova
09-11-04, 05:23 PM
a vts will beat a nova gte/gsi its 16v!!!!
a vtr wont, its 8v like the gte/gsi

16v or not it doesnt matter on normail road driving. low down grunt comes into play exiting roundabouts and such....ask dan_mk1 :lol:
dont get me wrong im not saying my gte is quicker than a vts because its not and it handles like crap but its not just quicker cos it has 8 v more

dan_mk1
10-11-04, 06:58 PM
Shut up bitch! you got beat by marks beasty 1.4 fiesta! lol!

PS call me quick, lost all me fucking numbers on me phone and pm's aint working.....

Ryan3k1
11-11-04, 01:34 PM
Hate to say this but how many people keep Saxo's and Nova's standerd?
If you want a bog standerd car buy the Saxo Vts! Or even better a Daihatsu Sirion Rally 2 cheeper & more fun!
If you want summat that will p!ss all over it for the same money as a Saxo or even less get a Nova & mod the bollox outta it (2ltr or 2ltr turb's etc) & U'll still probly be able 2 afford your 1st yr's insurance or to put to it for the price of a good VTS! Nuff said it's personal preferance is alway's going to cause arguements but just get over it!

Dpnova
11-11-04, 01:39 PM
Shut up bitch! you got beat by marks beasty 1.4 fiesta! lol!

PS call me quick, lost all me f**k numbers on me phone and pm's aint working.....

I killed the fez :lol: