PDA

View Full Version : headgasket thingy ma doofer!!

pmitch5
03-11-04, 08:51 PM
rite guys n gals my head gaskets gone n all i get is biiiig white clouds a smoke comin from exhaust.
so obviously i need a new 1 but aparently there a head gasket set you can get? just wonded if ne1 had had one of these and could tell me what comes init.

also if i break hard n keep breakin (clutch down) in gear or awt of gear the car revs just die n stall the car weeeeiiiiird ne ideas???

hope sum1 can help. :P :D

General Baxter
03-11-04, 09:24 PM
erm.

waits for the locals to see this :lol:

James B
03-11-04, 10:11 PM
ok basically in a head gasket set, or de-coke set, you normally get the head gasket, inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets, valve stem oil seals, start housing gasket rocker cover gasket etc etc etc worth getting one of these kits instead of just head gasket, best to replace all gaskets if they're disturbed

burgo
03-11-04, 10:13 PM
i agree with baxter lol

the answer to your question a head set is usually every gasket and seal you will come across when doing the head gasket change and sometimes the head bolts. if the head bolts dont come with it get new ones and while your there change the cam belt aswell.

DrivingSpanner
04-11-04, 06:41 PM
just remember that you MUST change the head bolts for new ones when ever the head comes off cos they are stretch bolts and the head wont torque up to the tight vatue with the old ones causing the head gasket to go again or at worst the bolt shears off in the head when you are doing them up

Glytch
04-11-04, 11:36 PM
Make sure you drain the engine as soon as pos otherwise ur pistons and valves etc will gather rust!!!

Judging by the amount of smoke ur getting I'd say its gone pretty bad, U'll need to get the head skimmed as well.