View Full Version : 2l 16v nova project

btwstripe
03-11-04, 05:26 PM
ok folks i have the following for sale,

mk2 nova shell, 1.4 merit originally
front end has been seam welded
c20xe engine from gte fitted)*

*engine was completely stripped, block rebored, honed etc
head skimmed, cleaned etc. (work carried out by JEM engineering in falkirk) the engine was then rebuilt replacing most components, new pistons, rings, shells, thermostat housing etc etc.
the engine is still standard spec, but hasn`t done a mile since rebuild!

competition mounts fitted
new rack fitted
new radiator supplied
new fibreglass bonnet fitted
both shafts made with new cv joints

car is completely stripped out (no dash)
has no keys (no interior - no steering lock!)

needs:

engine wired up
brakes
fuelling
cooling rigged up
(interior if putting on road)

a bit history:
i owned this car when it was a 1.4i. i bought it from my girlfriends sister 2 years ago. we took it off the road about a year ago, my mate had the engine so he bought the shell from me as it was mint. i have now bought the car back from him as he has bought a megabusa kit car and has lost interest, as listed above the engine is now a rebuilt 2l 16v and really needs finished off. the shell isn`t as good now as it was when i sold it, but its a damn-site better than most i`ve seen. the only thing that really puts me off it, is the fact of no dash/interior. simon was gonna rally it, so he didn`t need the interior. it would make a great track-car, donor vehicle or if you had another nova to transfer the dash etc from, you`d have a very fast road car.

price is fixed at ?650. there has been a lot of time and money spent on the engine especially, so i think this is a bargain if your looking for a donor/project. the v5 is still in nikki`s name as i didn`t send it away (doh!) so new owner would need to apply for new documents. I have the old v5 here as proof of my ownership.

i`m in central scotland, the car will need trailered away