PDA

View Full Version : cornish folks URGENT

Stuart
03-11-04, 12:10 PM
gonna be in cornwall for 4 days starting friday (will be staying around the newquay area as ii used to live there etc)

i need to know of a decent fireworks display on friday/saturday evening in the area. i know st columb major used to have one and it was okish but is it still on?

fankoo

Ben
03-11-04, 12:38 PM
Now thats going to be a looooooooooong drive!

Stuart
03-11-04, 01:13 PM
just over 4 hours, not long really.

305miles or so :-)

any roadworks down the M5 that i should know about?

robb
03-11-04, 02:10 PM
Can't remember where you are from but if you have to go over the Severn bridge and do the junction near Bristol for M5? there is a camera right on it, basterds ain't they, It was a lovely corner/junction.

Ben
03-11-04, 02:18 PM
Nah Stu will be coming from the opposite direction Robb.

They are working on the Avonmouth bridge so nowt new there.

4 Hours are you sure, St Column is a good 2 and half hours from my place and Cambridge is more than 90 minutes from here!!!

Was i supposed to be having anything ready for you to collect.

Stuart
03-11-04, 03:01 PM
you werent supposed to have anything for me to collect (unless ive forgotten lol) this is a bit of a last minute 4 day weekend escape.

its about an hour from st columb - exeter, about an hour/hour and a half to bristol and then about 2ish from bristol to mine

used to do mine - swansea in 3-3.5 hours the record was 2 h 50 mins in the 1.2 lmao

benji
03-11-04, 10:02 PM
i go to newquay every year, twice this year. its a 6 hour drive for me. once it took me 10hours to get home

Stuart
04-11-04, 08:18 AM
i lived 7 miles out of newquay for 5 years, it was ok for the first year then it just got tedious lol

its ok to visit but id NEVER want to live there again.

any fireworks then? lol

Ben
04-11-04, 10:08 AM
Youve lived every where, me thinks your a pikey!

Stuart
04-11-04, 11:11 AM
i like dags

only lived in
harlow (essex)
Cornwall
near Cambridge
Swansea
and now hertford

not many places lol

then again some people have never left the place they were born in (i mean litterally left the place, not just not moved lol)

Ben
04-11-04, 11:23 AM
Ah i thought you were still in the travellers site outside cambridge, 4 hours isnt out the question then.