PDA

View Full Version : Scuttle covers?

Ojc
02-11-04, 06:50 PM
Who, where, how do I get hold of one? Or do you all make your own?

I'm talking about something to cover up the battery and the heater motor etc?

DrivingSpanner
02-11-04, 06:55 PM
make your own one... it only needs to be a flat sheet of aluminium or carbon of something like that... just remember not to let it touch the top of the battery and earth everything out

scott.parker
02-11-04, 06:59 PM
I made my owne,out of some stuf called foam'ex,i got it from work,just traced round karl's carbon one and cut it,then added some aluminium with nippel efect laminate,just boned it to it.

Like this...

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/2916/nv04_4edit.jpg

i thought it looks smart :P

scott

epo
02-11-04, 07:01 PM
I made my owne,out of some stuf called foam'ex,i got it from work,just traced round karl's carbon one and cut it,then added some aluminium with nippel efect laminate,just boned it to it.

Like this...

scott

wanna make me one mate ill pay ya :wink:

scott.parker
02-11-04, 07:05 PM
:lol: ...it was all ok till i lef it out in the rain,i got back from the pvg national day and got i tout the car and placed it down took everythin into the house,and left it out side,then it raind and made the glue come unstuck...woops :roll:

So i need to make another one or if i can find where my mum hid that one i will just reglue it..but yeah i will see what i can do for you mate :wink:

scott

DrivingSpanner
02-11-04, 07:06 PM
exactly what i mean... the foam ex will stop the battery earthing out and gives it some support

scott.parker
02-11-04, 07:12 PM
exactly what i mean... the foam ex will stop the battery earthing out and gives it some support

Yeah i think it was about 5mm thick,then i applyed the lam.

scott

DrivingSpanner
02-11-04, 07:15 PM
top stuff, just leave it longer for the glue to set next time

scott.parker
02-11-04, 07:32 PM
top stuff, just leave it longer for the glue to set next time
LOl no it was glued mate,but it only came off as i left it in the rain :lol:

scott

Ojc
02-11-04, 07:48 PM
How do you make it stay in position?

epo
02-11-04, 08:05 PM
So i need to make another one or if i can find where my mum hid that one i will just reglue it..but yeah i will see what i can do for you mate :wink:

scott

nice one mate what a star you are :wink:

scott.parker
03-11-04, 12:08 AM
How do you make it stay in position?

Well mine is just cut so it's tight,you just need the room to leave for your hinges,and let it go a bit long on the length,this way you tuck it under both sides of the lip that overhangs into the bulk area,just bend it slightly into place..

I will find it out and sort it out so it's all looking good again,and i will post some pics on.

PS: Epo no probs mate,though i carnt say what i will fit like as when i used the same profile template into my mates it dint fit totaly the same as in mine..

scott

RJM25R
03-11-04, 08:33 AM
Could you flog me a piece of Foamex to make my own???

smooth16v
03-11-04, 06:47 PM
this might sound a stupid question but when u have the scuttle cover what happens when u got water on to it does it just run over the sides or u make holes??

General Baxter
03-11-04, 06:59 PM
stop the rain, smooth your scuttle panel :P

Rob77
03-11-04, 07:03 PM
Is there anybody who would be able to post me a paper template for the scuttle panel?

Cheers muchly!!!

Rob.

scott.parker
03-11-04, 07:14 PM
this might sound a stupid question but when u have the scuttle cover what happens when u got water on to it does it just run over the sides or u make holes??

Well i dont use the car with it in place,as really i dont think it would be safe,as you need the air to flow round there to stop build up of fuems etc...plus if it was inplace then your rain water has no run out point,lol..

Oh and it would also efect your wiper motor linkage,it would foul it and rub etc..

As for getting hold of some foam'ex i will try my best to see what i can do and how much and i can get.

scott

Al Wilson
04-11-04, 01:54 PM

Epo what happened to the template I sent you????

epo
04-11-04, 04:08 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: erm i am unable to find it
i think jack ate it :lol:

Rob77
05-11-04, 12:15 AM

Well i dont use the car with it in place,as really i dont think it would be safe,as you need the air to flow round there to stop build up of fuems etc...plus if it was inplace then your rain water has no run out point,lol..

Oh and it would also efect your wiper motor linkage,it would foul it and rub etc..

As for getting hold of some foam'ex i will try my best to see what i can do and how much and i can get.

scott

Al, did you have to take off your carbon scuttle panel every time you drove the car, like Scott?

Rob

scott.parker
05-11-04, 06:56 PM

scott

Al, did you have to take off your carbon scuttle panel every time you drove the car, like Scott?

Rob

Well it's just my way of playing it safe,so to spaek..but i carnt see why i would leave it in anyway as you carnt see it in there when your driving :lol: as it is only a cosmetic mod..

but if it was made of carbon like Al's i might leave it in as it's light and wont matter much..

scott

Al Wilson
06-11-04, 07:47 PM

scott

Rob

Well it's just my way of playing it safe,so to spaek..but i carnt see why i would leave it in anyway as you carnt see it in there when your driving :lol: as it is only a cosmetic mod..

but if it was made of carbon like Al's i might leave it in as it's light and wont matter much..

scott

You had to take it out!? I didn't have to do that will mine.

So..... The template I sent Epo was eaten? The one I sent Jim was lost by good old royal mail. That means the carbon one is the only one left! Lucky carbon fibre scuttle owner lol!

epo
06-11-04, 07:51 PM
ill find mine am sure its in me tip of a garage

scott.parker
06-11-04, 07:51 PM

scott

Rob

scott

You had to take it out!? I didn't have to do that will mine.

So..... The template I sent Epo was eaten? The one I sent Jim was lost by good old royal mail. That means the carbon one is the only one left! Lucky carbon fibre scuttle owner lol!

Well mate mine is about 5mm think,and i made it so there is no fixings,just slides up right under the bulk,and wedges up over the wiper arm,so i dont leave it in..

scott

Al Wilson
06-11-04, 07:53 PM
My ex-scuttle cover had no fixings either, just rested up under the plastic grills and sat on the scuttle 'wall' ledge opposite.

scott.parker
12-11-04, 09:16 PM

Like this...

scott

Right mate got some foam ex the other day,i have enough to get four covers out of it...all you need to do mate is tell me what colour you would like it to be,im guessing it would be bright blue? :wink:

scott

scott

karl Rowntree
13-11-04, 12:19 AM
Right ive decided scott i want a comission for everyone sold as i supplyed the pattern for the scuttle cover. Just make the cheque out to Karl Rowntree :wink:

epo
13-11-04, 08:42 AM
blue would be spot on mate

just let me know how much
ill ring you later to sort it out sorry i couldnt talk last night :wink:

scott.parker
13-11-04, 02:12 PM
Right ive decided scott i want a comission for everyone sold as i supplyed the pattern for the scuttle cover. Just make the cheque out to Karl Rowntree :wink:

Yeah but i had to make it slightly diffrent to the pattern i got of yours :lol:

Righ lee i will try and grab smoe blue laminate from work and see what i can sort out,when i can be arsed :lol: :wink:

scott

epo
13-11-04, 02:34 PM
thx scott
no rush mate when ever you get a spare bit of time

scott.parker
13-11-04, 02:36 PM
thx scott
no rush mate when ever you get a spare bit of time

Well mate it would be best if i do it soon as then if you come to the mk meet i will bring it with me.

scott