PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Digi Dash

DEATHCAT
02-11-04, 03:02 PM
is there anyone in manchester or near by that would install a Digital Dash into a mk2 1.2 liter standard nova if i payed them because i got the fitting guide and its like reading chinese to me lol.

thx in advance

Chris
02-11-04, 05:08 PM
PM Sent

Barn
02-11-04, 05:17 PM
how long does it take roughly (for those who have done it obviously) ?

Chris
02-11-04, 05:43 PM
It depends if you use crimp connectors or solder the wires. Between 1 and 2 hours

jon_boy
02-11-04, 08:34 PM
or less if you strip the wires, twist em together and cover em with electrical tape. was meant to be temporary but lasted AGES!!!

scott.parker
02-11-04, 11:51 PM
or less if you strip the wires, twist em together and cover em with electrical tape. was meant to be temporary but lasted AGES!!!

lmao :lol:
sounds like my head unit..

scott

dathers
03-11-04, 05:12 AM
Im in bolton if you wanna come down ill do it for ya.
Im an electrician so you know it'll be right,all soldered and heat shrunk properly,with no dodgy crimp terminals,and any one twisting wires should be shot on sight!
PM me.
Dave

robb
03-11-04, 01:43 PM
I agree that people twisting wires should be shot but TBH I did my dash like that and it was fine for 6months, now it's buggered and stripped down :cry:.

And where to get heatshrink from? I would like to get some to do proper connections.

DEATHCAT
03-11-04, 01:52 PM
whats heat shrink ?

epo
03-11-04, 03:00 PM
heaty shrink can be got from electrical whole salers and i would have thought some motor shops

its flexable covers whcih sit over wires and when warmed up moulds its self round the wire making a tight seal
its hard to explain i have loads of the stuff in me garage from when i used to wire up ambulances