PDA

View Full Version : Matching inlet manifold

dunova
01-11-04, 10:18 PM
I want to match one of the inlet tracts (the other 3 line up nicely) but is it as simple as just filing the manifold back (keeping it as round as possible) so that it matches nicely? Could it cause the suspension of the fuel to be not so good? The manifold is my my t40's manifold btw

CP
01-11-04, 10:57 PM
should be no problems if just taking a few mm off to match up. leave it rough finished

dunova
02-11-04, 08:17 AM

m.d.
02-11-04, 07:29 PM
cp im just interested mate. when you say leave it rough finnished, what is this for, i have ported loads of cylinder heads and up till now ive just left them the finish that the die grinder gave.

on my recent head that ive been doing ive gone balls out ,i had to have the exhaust ports re welded as i went into the water jacket to get the best shape then re shape the weld.

i have been polishing (not shiny but smooth) the inlets with a flapper wheel. what is the reason for not giving a really good finish, (i know not to on the exhausts as it cokes up in no time anyway.) ive heard that it causes the fuel to drop out of suspension at low revs, but when on full throttle surely it helps