PDA

View Full Version : A Project -Yes or No?

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:06 PM
My GSi will be 2 months I say to get on road, that including the repsray etc & then fitting the valver...
I need a car to runabout it. So thinking to get a REALLY CHEAP nova, whatever size cc, and then do it up MYSELF! nothing major, just learn how to delock, odd spot of welding, primering & spraying, engine know-how ...etc...

I could run about in it, and tinker with it too. Then also put my GSi bits on there too that I am selling, so it will look half decent (maybe)

What you lot think? I have never ever done anything like this before!! (As MC said in a post before about a 911, do things yourself! so I am, but not to my pride & joy GSi, cos I need something to practice on first!!!! ...taking a leaf out of Damians book too!) :D

As a starting point: I need a car, what do u suggest & how much?? cheaper the better, and in some running order.

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:08 PM
you can have mine lol
it still runs and after saturday you would never know it had been rolled

i aint laughing no more and those stupid little faces can fuck off !

http://www.novaload.net/content/upload/Pb270012(breeny).jpg

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:20 PM
u can also buy mine which i am selling

"these nothing more addictive than speed, for those ten seconds i am FREE!!!!!!!"

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:24 PM
I want to do this as well but I would need 2 lots of insurance, Tax, MOT (because I have no drive), which would cripple me and mean I have no money to spend on my current Nova! Disaster:o

If you have the chance to do it, I think it would be a great idea. Hope it works out. As for finding a car check Autotrader or www.usedvauxhall.co.uk

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:31 PM
Hmmm... nice pic Ick!

everyone, gimmie some prices & areas? also further info

Anonymous
28-11-01, 12:47 PM
Hmmm... nice pic Ick!

everyone, gimmie some prices & areas? also further info

Anonymous
28-11-01, 01:11 PM
lol @ icks new footer

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
28-11-01, 01:21 PM
lol

i aint laughing no more and those stupid little faces can fuck off !

http://www.novaload.net/content/upload/Pb270012(breeny).jpg

Anonymous
28-11-01, 01:21 PM
One car at a time unless you are rich cos the money you spend doing up your run around will not be re-couped

Anonymous
28-11-01, 02:12 PM
Point taken CP...
Having a runaround is important though isnt it? I wouldnt wanna park my decent Nova up in a dodgy part of town!
Need somthing to drive, for when I have probs with my valver too, and whilst its getting fitted.
If I get a 1.4 or less, the TAX is less.

Anonymous
28-11-01, 02:13 PM
...or should I put my GSi engine in there?

Anonymous
28-11-01, 02:15 PM
ITs up to you, if you have got the money then do it. Its the best way of learning about your car by just having a go yourself. If you rely on someone else to do everything for you , you aint gonna learn a thing. I have done everything on my car myself, with the help of my brother withthe engine. It gives you a real sense of achievement to look at it and think, "I did that myself". Rather than "I payed someone to do that for me".

SO I say, buy a chep one and mess about wit hit and teach yourself soem stuff. Then strip it or sell it hen you get your GSI back, you might not get all the money back like CP says, but you can't put a price on the knowledge and experience and sense of achievement you will have gained.

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
28-11-01, 03:39 PM
So how much should I spend on getting a cheapy Nova ??
Should I attempt to put my GSi engine there too??? or just get a 1.2 to do up, prefer an SR though ...cos then I could use my clocks in it, and also the exhaust on current GSi...

Anonymous
28-11-01, 04:52 PM
As for insurance why dont you insure your temp car under your folks insurance (assuming that your young and have little no-claims bonus).

Anonymous
28-11-01, 05:09 PM
young !!!!! hahahahahah Sid's 45 !!!

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
28-11-01, 06:03 PM
I may have "silver highlights" in my hair, being somewhat of a fashion guru, but I certainly aint 45, little girl ...
Insuring a 2nd car TPFT shouldnt be that much, ?300? Do it on limited mileage or something.

Should I put my GSi engine & box in there? as most cheapy Novas now will have knackered engines! Damo, would ya wanna guide me how to do this by myself, say into an SR or 1.2??

Anonymous
28-11-01, 07:47 PM
Ahh I seee! I must be a fashion guru as well cos I've got some grey hairs!!
Sid m8, a cheap run around is somethink you buy for ?2-250 wiv long T&T that you DO NOTHING TO and then dump when the tickets run out. Trust me on this one, if you're on a budget, only do your good one up and don't feck about with the runaround. Its like trying to run 2 women at once - seems a good idea but always ends up in spilt beer

Anonymous
29-11-01, 09:05 AM
True...
I had a few doubts too. I am buying a house too, so I think I better leave it; & just save the money.
I will have to put up with walking and having no transport for a couple more months ...it saves hassle too, I guess.
(I was considering PAG's A reg Metro, 42k, ?100-ish, dunno about tax n stuff)

Anonymous
29-11-01, 10:18 AM
Or ya can do my planned trick and mod 2 at once.

One in the garage, one on the road and just alternate :D

Depends on whether you really want 2 fully modded cars. My reasoning is at the end of it all i want one stripped for racing and another for cruising.

But CP's right it'll probbaly keep me skint for about a year.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
29-11-01, 12:02 PM
lol i get cheap tax on my 2.0 16v :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
29-11-01, 12:27 PM
thats cos "officially" its still prob a 1.2 ?!