PDA

View Full Version : Tyres wareing on the inside.

Dod
29-10-04, 11:34 PM
My 16's seem to be sitting in a bit at the top, and its waring my tires badly on the inside... The wheels are BSA 187 Racing wheels with the wrong offset, dont actually know what they are, possible 35mm. How do i get it sorted.

oggy
29-10-04, 11:55 PM
take ur car and get the tracking done on it that should help out a bit and stop the wearing off ur tyres, have u lowered the car m8?

tom_beverley
30-10-04, 08:42 AM
have the same prob with mine. getting the tracking done will help but the camber cannot be changed on a nova (unless maybe a good suspension kit is fitted) so the tyres will always wear on the inside.

Unless ive been told a load of shit?

scott.parker
30-10-04, 08:50 AM
have the same prob with mine. getting the tracking done will help but the camber cannot be changed on a nova (unless maybe a good suspension kit is fitted) so the tyres will always wear on the inside.

Unless ive been told a load of s**t?

No you have been told corect mate,althogh you can buy a camber adjusting kit from regal,there about ?85/?90 quid last time i was on there site.

scott

epo
30-10-04, 09:19 AM
if its lowered adjusting the tracking wont help at all

i had the same problem with my old gte
it went through tyers like mad
in the end the way i cured it was to have the car 4 wheel allighned

Snowface
30-10-04, 10:31 AM
or buy some mk1 golf bolts to adjust the camber for about ?10.

Ste_Nova
30-10-04, 11:22 AM
tracking will make it better cause if the wheels are pointing to the outsides then driving forward will spread the wheels

Dod
30-10-04, 09:48 PM
I've the car lowered 60mm. I'm a bit worried. A mate of mine had a Nova with a set of 15's and the same problem happened to him, but the whole front of his car spread so much so that on full lock the drives fell out.
So i've to get the tracking set and the steering aligned.

Snow face, about these Mk1 Golf bolts, what bolts are they and is it just on the GTi ones or all models?