PDA

View Full Version : Servicing t40's-easy to do?

dunova
29-10-04, 09:34 AM
I want to strip down, clean up and re-build my t40's, is it easy to do? I know you can buy service kits and they come with the gaskets etc but are they quite straight forward inside? I just don't want to take them apart and not be able to put them back toghether :oops:
I also want to fit 32mm chokes as they have 28mm chokes in at the moment-is that straight forward enough? Any info appreciated, cheers

-Bruce-
29-10-04, 11:52 AM
its fairly straight forward to do. i would recomend taking the carbs off the engine and puting one in a box and the other in a box. just so if you drop a part it is in the box not under the car or any other place.

if you buy the kit then you will see where everything goes. i did have a exploded iso of the carbs and every part that makes them up but i think its gone, sorry mate. but have a look on the net you may find a good selection of pics.

as for the replacing of the chokes its very easy. take off the trumpet using the 10mm studs and pull out the venturi and the choke behind it. but i would recomend that you dont just fitt new chokes, as you will need the carbs jetted to your engine and what chokes your using.

bruce

dunova
29-10-04, 12:09 PM
Doesn't sound too bad, think i'll give it a go. Carbs are off the car so shouldn't be a problem. So you think once its on the rollers being set up i'll know what chokes i'll need then?
Does anyone know any good sites for weber parts? e.g service kit, chokes, jets etc

Last thing is i just read that facet pumps are really bad with weber carbs?! Apparently they pulse rather than giving a constant flow and the dont pump enough volume?! Its just got me worried abit as i've just bought a facet red top pump. Thay recommend using a Carter 4070 pump

Snowface
29-10-04, 07:24 PM
you should be using at least 32mm chokes, more like 34mm.

Your power will be quite restrictive higher up the rev range with 28mm chokes.