PDA

View Full Version : My update: Trouble ahead !

Anonymous
26-11-01, 09:53 AM
My update ...what a weekend! good & very bad!!
Most of you know the grief I am having with my garage in Barnsley, who has had my motor since May! Well, on Saturday I was going up to deliver my alloys so that the guy could work around them to do my arches.

I set off from Slough at 1.30pm (things to do in the morning!), and took a detour via Stoke, to see Mark Beason. I bought his engine, 2litre 16v Blydenstein gasflowed etc head, piper cams, chip, polished bits everywhere, and the Scorpion full exhaust system. Mark took me foer a spin, even though he had no brakes!! He got abit happy driving it again after so long and the handbrake came in very handy!! He's got an absolutely mint motor, and he is such a top bloke too...
Having concluded business in Stoke, I set off to Barnsley. The garage man knew I was coming up. Phoned him at 7.30pm & he agreed to meet me at 8.30pm when I got into Barnsley, as I didnt know where his house was. At 8.30pm he text me saying turn around and go back home, it was way too late to see him (he had his 2 yr old kid with him & couldnt go to the garage!)
I text him night before, telling him I'd come down near 7pm-ish ..so I was a little late!! I was fuming. Then a mutual mate phoned me & I dropped my alloys off at another house, from where the pratt can pick them up from; with the Spax kit.

The garage man, agreed with his mate that I work with who introduced me, will do the originally agreed respray and arch mods by Xmas ...which is fine, as long as he does!! ..but that now means I need somebody else to do my engine bay strengthening.
Do I trust the quality of his work now, as he is getting very rude with me too!

They both know I want my car back ASAP ...but I cant go there and take it, as its all in bits, only has the GSi engine in there.

Anonymous
26-11-01, 10:05 AM
so he's had it since May. What has he actually done to it in the 6 months he's had it Sid ?

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
26-11-01, 12:05 PM
Stripped it out bare! he has been trying to find a pair of decent doors for me, which he says he has done now. Blames me for not giving him the alloys sooner,
and he says been doing it in his spare time, to keep costs down to me.
He is a joke!!

Anonymous
26-11-01, 12:19 PM
lol sounds like u should have done it ur self :) or delivered the mechanical work to me to be done :p

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
26-11-01, 12:24 PM
in hindsight...
What if he screws my car over, hidden, something I cant see, then it falls apart ??!

Anonymous
26-11-01, 12:25 PM
spare time !!!!

I only work on my car in my spare time and since may I have flushed my own tailgate, moulded my sr spoiler into a mondeo spoiler, blacked out my windows, fitted a new suspension kit, new wheels and fitted a 2.0l, removed it again, and refitted it !!

Not to mention, splitter, clear clusters, subs, amps, repaired damge after truck hit me shall I carry on.

I am not a professional like he claims to be and I only work on the car on saturdays and the odd evening now and then and look what Iv'e done. he's taking the piss, I could do what its taken him 6 months to do in about 3 hours max !!!

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
26-11-01, 04:16 PM
garage round me was doin the same thing to me!! eventually got very rude swearing etc and sayin that he didn't want tto do it in te first place!!THEN HE charges me silly money!!! And listen to the list of stuff goin wrong.
Indicator fell out and smashed. Tailgate no longer flush with lights at one side
He mustave dropped thre bumper after sprayin as thers a big chunk out of it.
Got the interior boggin with oil!
And he still has my splitter/spare wheel and mdf from boot which he seems to have taken!!
It took him three months for a small job and wants stupid money!! Yeah rite. Like he's gettin anything near what he wants!!

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

Anonymous
26-11-01, 05:46 PM
My guy still wants to do my car, but doesnt wanna talk to me.
I can live with that as long as he does a good job! and hurrys the F up!
He is gonna let me know soon, exactlty what he is gonna do and how much its costing.
I can then tell him to leave half of it out, and just get a simple respray...
(which would be disappointing!)

Anonymous
27-11-01, 01:12 PM
id tell him to hurry the fuck up and in 6 months sid mate.....he aint dun a lot lets b fair!! u should have given the work to one of the novaload boyz!!!.....guru....mc....the list is endless..im sure they wouldnt have fucked u about either pal!..u eva need a hand or favour..giv us a bell matey! glad to be of help!

:D

"Saxo?, i'd rather walk!"

:D

Anonymous
27-11-01, 02:19 PM
Cheerz...
I need somebody to seam weld & strengthen my engine bay! near Slough would be good.
I've ordered the kit (although Harry Hockley appear to have lost it in the post!) ...nothing goes right...

Anonymous
27-11-01, 02:57 PM
the spiral of problems has started sid, it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
27-11-01, 03:07 PM
oh dear mate, it sounds like the same thing as mine!! but at least my car is now straight, it is just the strengthening kit that needs doing now!!!! The garage I took my car to doesn't want to speak to me either, cos whenever I phone him he knows he wont be able to answer any of my questions and he is looking a pratt!! fingers crossed I should get it back in a couple of weeks though.

good luck with yours!!

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(