PDA

View Full Version : Sticky fuel gauge

danny-g-
27-10-04, 11:02 PM
Hi,
Ive got a 1.2i nova and have just aquired some nova 1.4 SR instrument clocks, The person I got them off said the fuel gauge is a bit nuts i.e. goes up and down like a yoyo,
I have tried them in my car and it does the same,

Ive stripped the clocks down and now got the fuel gauge out but the pin does not seem to spring back to its resting place,
Are all fuel gauges like this or does it sound like the spring has come off?

Thanks in advance

Danny

scott.parker
28-10-04, 12:36 AM
Well if you thought your alone..Your not mate alot of them do it as soon as your tank gets below halfway it seams the movement of the fule in the tank makes the sender read how the fule is sloshing about,thus fauls reading,just have to keep it above the half way mark,well it worked for me..

scott

danny-g-
28-10-04, 12:46 AM
Thanks Scott,

I seem to have rectified fault now, I just gave the contacts a quick clean messed about with the pin and let it rest, which it stopped at 1/4 of a tank, then lifted the pin off and re-positioned it on the resting needle at the bottom of the red again, plugged it in, and now know I need to go the petrol station in the morning,

thanks mate

robb
28-10-04, 02:50 PM
Digi dash never lies,

I must kinda take an average of that slosh about and display a very near true measurement.

I fitted a digi partly for that reason, I hated the ***king needle waving to me while I was driving.