PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein Sprintline kit and general suspension ?

Barn
26-10-04, 04:02 PM
Is this kit any good?

Does it have camber adjustment (like an elongated top mount)?

Separately...

I have recently fitted Bilstein's to my car (non-adjustable, but really sh*t hot ones) and since having the tracking and camber setup at college the steering feels slightly 'heavy' and not 'snappy'...it felt better with the alignment out to be honest! There is an elongated hole on the top hub mounting point which is for camber adjustment as far as I'm aware...

Should I take it somewhere else to have it setup or should I just get used to it? As it dont feel right (...to me anyway). They have proper laser aligment equipment in college so I don't think I will get any different from Kwik-fit and the like (not that I would ever take my car there,lol)...

Thinking my tyres might not be helping also as when I'm flat out with the car 'bouncing' on a roundabout there seems to be abit of slippage from the tyres...could these make the car feel un-responsive? The tyre pressures are about 2 bar pressure (195/50/R15) at the moment as I know the steering goes monster-heavy with flat tyres.

Lastly...lol...when I am reversing and then stop to go forward there is a clunk and it is coming from something in the front but I dont know whether it is the engine or the suspension!

Any ideas or help on any of the above ?

Thanks alot

Riggy
26-10-04, 04:35 PM
cant be of any help with the suspention question barn but the clunk - might sound daft but track rod end :D mine is doin the same thing cos its broke and doesnt tight up as far as it should it starts spinning :D

Dar
26-10-04, 06:10 PM
I have the sprintline kit fitted to my car and it is very good. I can't give you a comparison to standard suspension because I never ran my car with it. But my steering is fine. The only difference with mine is that I have sperical bearing top mounts.

However I suggest looking at getting clunk fixed, it may have something to do with your poor steering. Also get the car checked again once the clunk has been found.

The clunk maybe a lose engine mount. I have had the gearbox engine mount come slightly lose at the point where it meats the car and that gave a nasty clunk. So if its not the track rod end, try the engine mount.