PDA

View Full Version : Hey eveyone, just got a 1 litre nova and.....

ogginz
25-10-04, 09:57 PM
.....i'm wondering what I should get for it to improve performance and looks? Like air filters, exhausts etc. I'm not sure what will fit it as its only 1.0. Thanks

srs1
25-10-04, 10:01 PM
to be honest there aint much help to upgrade the 1L.

i would suggest these bits thou.

remove all the rear seats, door cards, carpet etc. weight loss is one of the best ways to get extra speed.

better suspension. if you can handle corners better, you will be able to keep your speed up.

upgrade your brakes, braided lines and gte brakes and servo are a good start, if you can brake later, then you keep the speed up.

next step is simple, engine swap.

hope it helps

?Marty?
25-10-04, 10:44 PM
Turbo Zet.

Seriously though, performance on a 1 litre!? To make any considerable gains will cost you more than it would to just buy something like a 1.4 or 1.6 and insure it. Combined.

Insure it, drive it for a year or two, SAVE all your money, then buy a faster and better car. Obviously you will think you know better and go all 'yeah but i wanna car that looks good NOW...etc etc' but in time you will realise this advice made sense and WISH you listened to it.

srs1
25-10-04, 10:47 PM
but the things i have suggested really wont cost you in, in your insurance.
so they are a cheap mod to do.

but i also agree with marty.
getting your no claims is the best thing to do.

Stuart
25-10-04, 11:06 PM
yep mr marty has his point

i ran my nova for 5 years in near as damn it std form. and the got a battleship since i got all my no claims etc up :)

the "best" mod for a 1litre is nos. plan and simple

?Marty?
25-10-04, 11:25 PM
....one of the best ways to get extra speed....you will be able to keep your speed up.....if you can brake later, then you keep the speed up

Great, just what we need. Another 17 year old driving round like Sienna on heat on the road, slamming his brakes on at the last minute.

Personally i'd rather he DIDN'T go ANY faster than the 1 litre already can. lol

Stick to some stickers, a set of extremely cheap second-hand alloy wheels, and nothing else. Get your NCBbuilt up, and get something 'better'. You will thank me for this advice later. I guarantee it.

When you're 17 you can impress the girls (face it, THAT is why you want all this, you crazy hormoned up to the eyeballs kid! lol) JUST by HAVING a car, you don't need to stick lots of bits of crap on it! And crap is ALL it will be, no matter what you do, because at your age you do not have the funds for anything that is of 'quality' and thus of good taste.
Trust me, girls don't actually care. Unless the difference is a supercar/luxyru prestige car, you will not win extra kudos by doing things to what you have. You WON'T significantly improve ANYTHING!

Let your friends make the mistakes that you are about to make should you ignore my advice, and save your money. PUT it in the BANK. Then, when you're friends all start regretting what they have done (and they WILL), you can sell your nova and use the money to buy something that will be in a nother league to their cars, and will impress the girls without any stick on/bolt on crap from halfords/scrap yards.

AND by not making your car go any faster and braking at the very last minute to get an extra second knocked off your trip to the shopping centre, you will have made it less like to have crashed, and also built up your NCB.

Marvellous!? Indeed it is.

srs1
25-10-04, 11:32 PM
marty, he asked what he could do to a 1 litre car. i told him.

its upto him what he does.

and in reflection to your reply, i am sure he never asked for a 50 line reply on insurance policy's etc.

?Marty?
25-10-04, 11:40 PM
marty, he asked what he could do to a 1 litre car. i told him.

its upto him what he does.

No. I forbid him. lol

Yeah i know, i am not even sayign that what i am saying is right and anything else is wrong (but that IS pretty much the point i am making lol). I feel that you did helpfully answer his question, but i also stated an alternative point of view, and tried to explain the reasoning behind it. Since if i just stated 'nah, don't bother' it is more likely to be dismissed.

And lengthy responses may be 'annoying' if you're attempting to read every response to every thread, but when someone posts their own thread and it matters to them, they would rather find that people have taken the time to write a response, rather come back to hundreds of one-liners.

srs1
25-10-04, 11:50 PM
i love you marty.

:D

?Marty?
26-10-04, 12:11 AM
I was just about to take it upon myself to bombard you with PM's all saying ''don't be childish, you know i am allways right''. But i will only do it a few times now. lol

PS - save your money! All of you. Or you could end up like Hobos. And i will pretend that i have no spare change, as i usually do. But it's because they stink of wee, and i don't want to approach them.

Metromartin
26-10-04, 12:27 AM
A full service always helps as older cars tend to get over looked so might not hav been done for ages,

Hey all Nova's are externally the same so you can make a smart GSi replica if its a GSi colour, just dont add the badges :)

Barn
26-10-04, 02:38 PM
Marty...what car do you drive ?

ogginz
26-10-04, 05:01 PM
Cheers guys. Yeah, I'm plannin to get a semi-decent car after my insurance drops. I work p/t an go college so cant afford much so a new engines not really a good idea.... Cheers for the help though! I've bought some new springs which drop about 40mill!

ogginz
26-10-04, 05:05 PM
and oh yeah, thanks for the advice marty.......... That is all sooo true!....

?Marty?
26-10-04, 06:11 PM
^^^ Now get modifying, it's ACE and Proper Bo i tell you! lol

You know what i mean. Do a little, sure, but just don't get caught in the 'now i've done 'this', i need 'this' to go with it trap'. lol

Then, as soon as you turn 18, open as many store-card accounts as you can, at places like Demon Tweeks. It's only 29.9% APR, so get several and max them out on 22" rimz and neons. Then i suggest you get yourself a loan or two (try Egg, it's unsecured lending) and various credit cards. Soon you will be blingin it down the high street!! Bo bo bo.. lol

It's also best having severl rear end collisions to write your car of with, before spending more money on bodywork. It is all 'significantly added value' and soon your car will be restored to it's original launch prices of around ?11K AND more because of the proper Bo mods. It's an investment opportunity not to be missed!

Marty...what car do you drive ?

I have a Nova that i did not modify one single bit, thus avoiding wastingmoney on fiberglass tat, and also a Japanese BEAST by the name of a Microbe that used to belong to Sir Terence. It is a 4 doored 1 litre twin cam 16 valve powerplant in red, capable of launching 10 second quarter miles, and combining this blistering performance with a weekly ?5 fuel bill! Can't get more pimp than that.

?Marty?
26-10-04, 06:15 PM
There it is, the Microbe beast resting:

http://autooboz.site.kz/foto/nissan/nissan_micra(1993).jpg

And yes, it also helped me bag the Trophy Girlfriend in the passenger seat. Absolutely ace.

novataka
26-10-04, 07:03 PM
i hav a k&n on my 1 litre and a straight throw pipe to a powerflow back box and its not 2 bad

peester
26-10-04, 07:52 PM
this is the best mod for anyone with a 1.0 nova...
just deck it; upgrade ice, and as clean as u mofo can be. nowadays even standard looking (or shud i say, especially standard) nova thats clean (and i mean clean) gets respect. engine mods? autoglym machine & engine cleaner and a wire brush headed drill bit. tops k&n; it looks nice (but pain in winter..) and maybe a stainless back box, as quiet as they can make. else it'll rasp like a chicken chaser.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/brown_nova.jpg

?Marty?
26-10-04, 09:42 PM
this is the best mod for anyone with a 1.0 nova...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/brown_nova.jpg

What, a multicoloured door!? Hmmm..... lol

SRimon
28-10-04, 08:41 PM
:lol: :lol: Don't Bother...

I also have one, I'm gonna chuck an SR lump in as soon as i can insure it!

Alex
29-10-04, 01:18 PM
I have a Nova that i did not modify one single bit, thus avoiding wasting money on fiberglass tat.

LMFAO. Silly JOO