PDA

View Full Version : car alarm????

MattNova
25-10-04, 04:13 PM
hay all,

now that ive had mybodykit fitted i rekon its probs best i get an alarm. what i am after is an alarm with central locking (ive got a mk1 meri t1.2). now i dont have a clue about alarms but im wonderin how much i could expect to pay and any recommendations on manufacture? what have ya all got n how much u pay, what should i get?

Cheers

Matt

MattNova
26-10-04, 09:20 AM
anyone........ :(

sm1thson
26-10-04, 02:38 PM
ebay offers some cheepo's that do central locking. -it depends how good you want as there is an element of you get what u pay for, but then there is the case that if you shop around you'll find the same thing for a fraction off the price.

mines an ebay hong kong jobbie does central locking shock sensor 2 remotes etc paid ?35inc delivary. (instuctions were crap but not a problem if u know what your doing)

note that you may need to put a new central locking servo in the drivers door so it will lock with the alarm. it may well currently just have something that looks like a servo but is simply a switch to operate the other servos!

MattNova
26-10-04, 02:40 PM
well as the car was made in 89, it doesn't have central locking standard, thas why i wanted one that does it as part of the 'alarm system'.
do you have any recommendations on make?

robb
26-10-04, 03:27 PM
I have a sparkrite one that I have taken out of my car that has 2 central locking motors, inside sensor thingys and a shock/movement sensor but TBH I only need to alarm it then unplug the module for it to deactivate and unlock the doors :lol:. (You have to get under the bonnet first to do that though!).

PM if interested