PDA

View Full Version : Heator and Fuel guage

Dod
24-10-04, 11:03 PM
I asked before and got no replys, they only work sometimes and more than often dont. Anyone have any ideas?

robb
25-10-04, 09:10 AM
Bad connections?!

Prob a live or earthing problem to dash.

Dod
25-10-04, 07:40 PM
Cheers mate, thank god someones's making the effort!!!

robb
26-10-04, 08:47 AM
Do you have a spare dash to plug in and test, just to eliminate a dodgy dash?

Also the senders could be dicky. I have had fuel go like you explained...just changed sender.

Dod
26-10-04, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I've a spare dash, just disconnect the switches and use them, yeah? Also, whats a sender?

robb
26-10-04, 05:10 PM
No put the other dash in temporarily to see if the dash is causing the problems.

Dod
26-10-04, 11:04 PM
Thats a lot of work, what if i change the switches abd see if thats any different? I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

robb
27-10-04, 09:04 AM
Sorry just read the title again, the fuel guage will be the sender in the tank, they usually go. TBH changing the dash is far easier than the sender, just the shroud and 2 screws, swap over and leave all loose for a bit to test it!

As for heaters? what is wrong with them?

Dod
27-10-04, 12:32 PM
You ever stand on a beach on a windy day, you know the way the wing blows strong and then softly in no particulay rythem, well thats the way my heater goes when it actually is working, which isn't that often. Its a disaster in the cold mornings, trying to get the wind screen cleared.

robb
27-10-04, 01:34 PM
You mean it will blow out of anywhere randomly, or the blower is a bit dicky?

If it is the first lot it will be the cables connecting to flaps in the matrix. Check they are connected firstly.

If it is the second then it will be electrical.

Dod
27-10-04, 04:14 PM
Yeah, its definately electrical. My Dad's an electrition and had a good look round, couldn't figure it out. Must be the actual blower then so.