PDA

View Full Version : urgent help.....zorst centre section

jody
24-10-04, 09:20 PM
pleeeeeeeease help!!

got a new backbox but i need a centre section for it, been looking through every zorst manufacturer known to man, no one lists anything :cry:

any ideas?

:)

Nick
24-10-04, 09:38 PM
take the middle section out and simply cutt the silencer out and clamp 9if your lucky) a peice of scafold tube or something the same Guage into the gap. Or weld it in.

Failing that try Powerflow, i used to have a powerflow backbox and straight through center section.

You probably wont notice the difference tho as the backbox cutts out most of the noise. On a standard exhuast, if you remove the center silencer then it doesn't make a diffference in sound really. i could be wrong

gais in performance tho, and if it' too loud an ashley bulletbox will fit in the gap. that quietens but doesn't reduce performance.

Failing all of that, try a local custom exhuast place, local to me is cobra motorposrt , they'd make u a center section, but you probably don't live anywhere near me .

jody
24-10-04, 09:40 PM
ta r the advice, if thats the case i might just get rid of the back box then and buy a full system :lol:

Nick
24-10-04, 09:44 PM
i dunno, if your doing it for serious performance reasons then yes, get a manifold downpipe, centre section and backbox.

i've heard lotsa people rave about ashley systems. Full striahgt through will be loud tho

My powerflow had to go after a police reform act written warning :-(

but if your jst doing it on a budget, and for no real reason, just get a peice of tube welded into the gap where the silencer was (after you cutt it out)

jody
24-10-04, 09:46 PM
im picing up a schrick 4-1 manifold next weekend, its partly for perfornace, partly cos my existing one is knackered but partly cos it cant be too noisy :?

Jim
24-10-04, 09:56 PM
Please try and put your posts in the relevant section. This should be in technical, along with your post about welding.

Thanks

Jim

Nick
24-10-04, 10:02 PM
i dont see why everyone stresses about posts not being in the relevany section. ok it could get annoying, but lifes too short to worry about silly things lol

i'd try getting a full ashley system, and if it's too loud stick an ashley silencer in there (simply cut a hole in the center section)

Dan
24-10-04, 10:52 PM
pm sent, take heed

retrosi
24-10-04, 11:27 PM
according to my screen this is in tech? or am i drunk on the natural fumes of my butt cheeks?

General Baxter
24-10-04, 11:32 PM
according to my screen this is in tech? or am i drunk on the natural fumes of my butt cheeks?

ITS BEEN MOVED :P

you put them in the correct forum, so its kept neat and tidy and so you can find what info you want!