PDA

View Full Version : rear camber

johnatstroma
24-10-04, 07:06 PM
how do u adjust the rear camber? and does it affect rear tyre wear by much?

John

Philsutton
24-10-04, 07:24 PM
i changed mine to a negative camber by placing washers where the rear hub bolts on to the rear beam. I used 1mm washers on the top two and 3mm on the bottom, it will affect tyre wear. Mine was a bit skitish on the back end round corners as ive stripped mine out, but since i did this it goes round corners much better.

CP
24-10-04, 07:31 PM
undo the hub bolts and slide old hacksaw blade in where you want it ( bottom edge)

johnatstroma
24-10-04, 07:35 PM
how much different on tyre wear is it? wandering because my wheels are rubbing at bk and wandering if cambering at the back wud help prevent this from happening, it rubs when hit big bumps and wen have passenger in beside me.

John

Philsutton
24-10-04, 07:41 PM
it will properly rub more if you start messing with the camber, i had to then use spacers on the back wheels to stop the inside of the wheel catching my coilovers due to the altered angle of them

johnatstroma
24-10-04, 07:52 PM
ah well supose i aint doing that to try and sort tht problem!
how much do a set of coilovers cost just for the back of the car? just need to find out away of stopping the bk arch rubbing! My own fault really for gettin a set of 17's with ET40 on 60mm drop!lol
any suggestions of wat else can do?

John