PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Interior trim Black, help!!

Dod
23-10-04, 10:14 PM
In keeping with the Black interior theme, I'm spraying the plastic trim panels (A-pillars ect) black. I've cleaned them with panel wipe and they're still coming out with loads of fish eyes. What am I doing wrong?

epo
24-10-04, 09:08 AM
first of all i wipe them down with thinners (not a lot tho)
then i rub them down with wet and dry then wipe with thinners
and then primer them
never had a problem with it that way

johnatstroma
24-10-04, 03:48 PM
what paint do you use to paint the bits? I have plastic primer to spray mine , just want to check if its jst any car spray paint can use or special stuff?

John

epo
24-10-04, 04:02 PM
i just use normal car spray paint mainly pug royal blue

johnatstroma
24-10-04, 06:29 PM
cool means can get on with spraying my dash bits!

Dod
24-10-04, 10:51 PM
Wont I loose the textured finish if I do that? If its smooth the sun light'll catch it and the glare'll be blinding. How'd yours turn out EPO?

epo
25-10-04, 04:03 PM
i didnt rub mine down alot so its still got the same finish as the origional looks good enough for me

Dod
25-10-04, 07:51 PM
Loverly, I'll let you know how i got on.

boredbloke
26-10-04, 12:39 PM
Take urself down to ur local b&q and get ur black paint in a spray can made by plasticote, it's about 5 or 6 quid

So far i've done quite a bit using it, u maight be getting fish eyes because your spraying the coats too heavy, give it a light coat then wait until it's at least tacky before spraying again.

Hope that helps mate.
:smilecol:

Dod
26-10-04, 04:27 PM
Yeah, its plasticoat I;m using. My company sells it so i get if for nothing off the reps. Thanks, i'll give that a go and see how it works.