PDA

View Full Version : Its a mystery....

smithy87
23-10-04, 12:16 PM
Its the little things that annoy me, like not having an interior light that works.........

Took it down the garage and the guys down there discovered there's no live getting up to it. Checked the bulb, that was fine. Checked the fuse, that was fine. Check the switch on the door, that was fine!

The only thing I can think of is it might be a mankey wire somewhere we havent looked yet. Its a pain in the arse!

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Ste_Nova
23-10-04, 01:12 PM
boot light work??

smithy87
23-10-04, 02:32 PM
boot light work??

Yup

phil_sorensen
24-10-04, 02:09 PM
Alright mate. If you havegot a live feed at the fuse box, and no live feedat the interior light itself then its most probablya case of a dodgy wire. It could have been caught behind trim somewhere etc and been broken. You'll probably have to follow the wire from the fuse box to the interior light. Shit job, but those interior lights are important.

robb
25-10-04, 09:15 AM
IIRC there is a connector to split the loom from interior light loom by the drivers kickplate along witht he earth that goes to the chassis under kickplate. Also they connect to the door switch each side, drivers has 2 wires on. Oh do you have light up sunvisors? if not there are the connectors for them above far right hole, unscrew cos these have power too.

Just pull the wires out if you can't find the problem.

Stuart
25-10-04, 10:30 AM
mine didnt used to work properly, so i took the door switches out and cleaned them up and cleaned up the meta on the fram where the switch went to.

its just a case of ropey earth connections

check and try again.

dooooney
25-10-04, 07:18 PM
my interior light dnt work ether :cry: happend today