PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER low mileage Minter!

krobinson
21-10-04, 09:21 PM
Was on my way to sell my GSI interior tonight, the guy didnt have transport so i was leaving it to his house. He was out some pretty small roads, so as usual i drove straight by his house, but by luck came to this garage that sell's car's. Was strange that it was in the middle of nowhere! But he had a small showroom, all lit up, and still open at 7:30pm.

Hidden at the back was a little red nova. I went to investigate. It's a G reg Flame Red Flair, just over from england. Looked round it, couldnt find any damage or rust, absolutely MINT. Boot floor like new, engine bay was immaculate with no rust at all. Then i looked at the clocks! 17,400 miles!!

Shocking, i remember 3-4 years ago i couldnt get my hands on any decent nova's, now i have 3 and nearly had 4 if it didnt have a dirty big "sold" sign on it!!

Keith

Dod
21-10-04, 09:28 PM
Yes mate. I always thought mine was mint, till i found out that the battrey tray was rotten through and was letting water into my interior!!! What kind of money was on it?

Nick
21-10-04, 09:30 PM
Sure it hasn't gone round the clocks !?

mine had 52,000 miles and was pristine when i got it, used everyday too, now it's not sooo pristine. but it's mint still. Perrfect boot floor e.t.c no welding.

i've seen a old G in a white mk1 driving round near me n i saw it parked up, it has 92,000 miles on it but looked jst as immaculate as mine.

Ste_Nova
21-10-04, 09:52 PM
my k plate with 85k is mint... apart from dents :cry:

Nick
21-10-04, 10:33 PM
aye, same here, bastard badger has spoilt it really !

Barn
21-10-04, 10:42 PM
my car is mint.

now done 39,000 miles from new...and its Lazer blue which I'm glad about

retrosi
21-10-04, 10:59 PM
mint and dents shouldnt really be said in the same line. J. Bloggs said " my car is mint appart from the gapping hole in my boot floor and the termites have ate my sills" get my drift?

But yes there are still some mint ones out there. I think i have just found myself a good conditioned ascona!! fingers crossed!

Nick
21-10-04, 11:08 PM
it can be mint with dents.

Dents can be fixed with a new panel. but in terms of mint i mean structure,chassis, e.t.c

i'd buy a nova that had had paint stripped poured over it and needed a new boot,bonnet,wings (front) n doors if it was absolutly pristine structurally !

dan_mk1
22-10-04, 12:20 AM
it can be mint with dents.

Dents can be fixed with a new panel. but in terms of mint i mean structure,chassis, e.t.c

i'd buy a nova that had had paint stripped poured over it and needed a new boot,bonnet,wings (front) n doors if it was absolutly pristine structurally !

It cant be mint with dents, id say my nova was mint because it had never had a panel replaced/sprayed and was structurally solid, no rust AT ALL when i first got it...

peester
22-10-04, 12:54 AM
only brand new cars are mint.

mint
Function: adjective
Definition: brand-new
Synonyms: excellent, first-class, fresh, intact, original, perfect, spanking-new, spick-and-span, unblemished, undamaged, unmarred, untarnished
Source: Roget's New Millennium? Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.5)
Copyright ? 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

J4MES
22-10-04, 01:31 AM
well there is a 'very good condition' G reg 1.2, that belongs to this teacher at the school i was at...it had 31,000 miles, and only had a small dent on the wing, where she had hit something :roll: , letter under the wiper on last day of school and she said she would sell it when she gives up driving, she's about 80 so shouldnt be long, hope she doesnt crash it before then... :lol: :lol: :lol:

peester
22-10-04, 08:43 AM
well there is a 'very good condition' G reg 1.2,........

:lol:

robb
22-10-04, 10:15 AM
I had a mint, sorry excellent and well above average condition nova, but I broke it.

the only rust was on the pass door, battery tray was good, even under the bumpers was shiny, rear arches great and didn't find any filler with me magnet.

It had the original clocks in and said 60k odd.

I see it and think Bollokcs!

-Bruce-
22-10-04, 10:29 AM
only brand new cars are mint.

mint
Function: adjective
Definition: brand-new
Synonyms: excellent, first-class, fresh, intact, original, perfect, spanking-new, spick-and-span, unblemished, undamaged, unmarred, untarnished
Source: Roget's New Millennium? Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.5)
Copyright ? 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

:lol: :lol:

Dod
22-10-04, 02:46 PM
So, if its got dents its not Mint? Then mines the oppisate of mint! Covered in silly little dents. Was quoted e900 to have it sprayed and de dinted, but the only bit of rust in on one of the wings and I've a new one to put on! Mad world!!! :? :|

robb
22-10-04, 03:05 PM
Mint is a perfect car, no dints, rust paint chips etc.

You are bet of saying vgc for age or something like that.

etc. My black car was outstanding for it's age, original rear arches too sob :cry: sob :cry:

SharonSR
22-10-04, 07:41 PM
mines mint and only just gone over 28,000 going up to billing this year, was on the mig stand if any of you lot saw it

scott.parker
22-10-04, 08:09 PM
Never saw your car there,but did look round the mig web stand saw a reallt good street sleeper, a nova 1.2spin,or fling..etc in white standard everything apart from a nice valver under the bonnet.. :D bet the owner has some fun.

scott

Riggy
22-10-04, 10:26 PM
yeah i seen that car scott it looked mint :D

elsey197
22-10-04, 10:37 PM
saw a reallt good street sleeper, a nova 1.2spin,or fling..etc in white standard everything apart from a nice valver under the bonnet.. :D bet the owner has some fun.

scott

Olly hewitts off for migweb. real sleeper that 8)

Adam
22-10-04, 11:14 PM
saw a reallt good street sleeper, a nova 1.2spin,or fling..etc in white standard everything apart from a nice valver under the bonnet.. :D bet the owner has some fun.

scott

Olly hewitts off for migweb. real sleeper that 8)
That is a classic sleeper, still has wheel trims and the original Spin sticker on the side :lol:

Marc
22-10-04, 11:23 PM
I know the feeling with dint etc, all me brother mates wen he owned it thort it wud be funny to stand on it n climb on it, if they did that 2 me wud run erm off the road (wankers) know i hav to put up with erm, but wen me bro first got it it had been stood in a garage for 4yrs cause the old woman who had it b4 had a heart attck in it (thort its a gud sign but ive been alrite so far) n stopped drivin it. no its rusty as bollocks on the front archs etc but gettin that sorted.

elsey197
22-10-04, 11:25 PM
I know the feeling with dint etc, all me brother mates wen he owned it thort it wud be funny to stand on it n climb on it, if they did that 2 me wud run erm off the road (w**k) know i hav to put up with erm, but wen me bro first got it it had been stood in a garage for 4yrs cause the old woman who had it b4 had a heart attck in it (thort its a gud sign but ive been alrite so far) n stopped drivin it. no its rusty as b******s on the front archs etc but gettin that sorted.

what the fcuk does that say :roll:

dan_mk1
23-10-04, 01:38 AM
I know the feeling with dint etc, all me brother mates wen he owned it thort it wud be funny to stand on it n climb on it, if they did that 2 me wud run erm off the road (w**k) know i hav to put up with erm, but wen me bro first got it it had been stood in a garage for 4yrs cause the old woman who had it b4 had a heart attck in it (thort its a gud sign but ive been alrite so far) n stopped drivin it. no its rusty as b******s on the front archs etc but gettin that sorted.

WTF are you on about! knob goblin! lol! wurd

Riggy
23-10-04, 09:13 AM

:D rofl

Col_Mk1
24-10-04, 03:22 AM

:D rofl pmsl :lol:

SRimon
25-10-04, 04:35 PM
I just bought one....

Not silly low mileage, but a vgc one none the less!

Check it out...Here! (http://www.cruisesouthwest.co.uk/modules.php?set_albumName=album19&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

krobinson
25-10-04, 04:53 PM
Thats one beautiful clean little car you have there Simon! I hope its going to recieve a nice spec engine and no bodykit ;)

Keith

Ric 16v
28-10-04, 06:18 PM
i can remember when i first got my nova and it was absolutley immaculate, seriousley it was, but with living in the country and having to drive down shitty roads every day it didnt last long and all the salt in the winter didnt help !!! wish I had looked after it more when I had it, it was sold by the way and within a few weeks it was written off :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SRimon
28-10-04, 08:48 PM
Thats one beautiful clean little car you have there Simon! I hope its going to recieve a nice spec engine and no bodykit ;)

Keith

No kit keith no...well not as such, GSi here and there, bit of subtle smoothing, and eventually another 2.0 16v :D

DEATHCAT
29-10-04, 02:35 AM
mines shit i think i need a new engine or a rebuild

its done about

170,000 + Miles :( and its smoking white smoke like its going out of fasion lol

boredbloke
29-10-04, 12:48 PM
Well mine was pretty good it had done 29k on a g reg, and had been sitting around that long, everydrop of water in the car had evaporated!!

Oh and the were weeds growing in between the car and the rear doors, where they had only ever been used a few times!

The engine is sweet as a nut though, starts first time everytime!

Only rust is a small patch about 3" by 1" on the underside of the drivers door which is sson to be rid of!