PDA

View Full Version : Info about this Nova????

Bent
21-10-04, 07:40 PM
Need info about this Nova.......

http://home.online.no/~bastra/artimages/nova_quadconversion.jpg

Chris
21-10-04, 07:47 PM
It is the demo car of a company called quad conversions. The bumper and bonnet is supplied by them. Fitted with a wide arch kit. It also looks like the kingdom rear spoiler, DTM cup mirrors, and I think I have read somewhere that it is a GTE.

try www.quadconversions.com

Bent
21-10-04, 07:52 PM
Thanks...

I want that wide arce kit :)

Chris
21-10-04, 07:55 PM
Sorry it isnt the demo car of quad conversions, but it is fitted with their bonnet and front bumper.

Chris

scott.parker
21-10-04, 08:05 PM
It is the demo car of a company called quad conversions. The bumper and bonnet is supplied by them. Fitted with a wide arch kit. It also looks like the kingdom rear spoiler, DTM cup mirrors, and I think I have read somewhere that it is a GTE.

try www.quadconversions.com

Also has polo headlights(unsure of what mrk they are though)

scott

Bent
21-10-04, 08:06 PM
Some other can help me find out what wide arce kit this is??

scott.parker
21-10-04, 08:15 PM
Its just the normal wide kit mate you can buy them from most good places,try

www.supernovas.co.uk

scott

Chris
21-10-04, 08:18 PM
Its just the normal wide kit mate you can buy them from most good places,try

www.supernovas.uk.com

scott

scott.parker
21-10-04, 08:19 PM
Was close.. :lol: :lol:

scott

Cjscooby
03-11-04, 11:24 PM
all i can say is its a mates nova and don't look much like that anymore, the wide arch kits was a bitch to fit as it didn't fit right when he put it on but looks tidy now its done

But it is the normal fiberglass wide arch kit
Cheers
Cj

Ben
04-11-04, 10:43 AM
Wide arch kits...

www.magnummotorsport.co.uk
www.prolinemotorsport.co.uk

The supernovas one is not the one in the pics as thats Brians old car and his was a proline kit, Supernovas just asked to use the photo to sell theres.

epo
04-11-04, 04:55 PM
i like where the side repeaters have been relocated too

Dod
04-11-04, 07:39 PM
Some kits'll fit others wont. The first were made for Rallycross cars, converted to RWD or 4WD so the wheel base has increased,, ie front to rear wheel distance is further. There are ones adapted to fit a standard fwd car but you'll need massive wide wheels and tyres to carry it off. Look at it like this, whatever you spend on the bodywork, including buying the kit, you'll need to double to get the proper wheels. 15 TSW Stealths just wont look right! :wink:

Philsutton
04-11-04, 08:16 PM
wide wheels like these :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/racer3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/racer2.jpg

AnThoNYnOvA
04-11-04, 09:47 PM
bottom pics make it look like a toy lol

Ben
05-11-04, 09:40 AM
Some kits'll fit others wont. The first were made for Rallycross cars, converted to RWD or 4WD so the wheel base has increased,, ie front to rear wheel distance is further. There are ones adapted to fit a standard fwd car but you'll need massive wide wheels and tyres to carry it off. Look at it like this, whatever you spend on the bodywork, including buying the kit, you'll need to double to get the proper wheels. 15 TSW Stealths just wont look right! :wink:

Thats not quite true as you can run adverse offset alloys (such as ET0) and they will fill the arches very well and this is a cheap way.

Most people widen the track by using a Astra GTE rear beam and widened front running gear and they you need to run ET49 alloys still, fitting a wide arch kit dosent automatically give the option of fitting huge wheels, you still need to do a fair amount of modding to get them on.

Dod
11-11-04, 08:29 PM
One word to describe it, FFFwwwuuuccckkk!!!! A Hot Rod Series racer? Whats the spec on it?