PDA

View Full Version : tracker ! what do you lot think

Anonymous
19-11-01, 10:06 AM
i am gonna get it now i am spending some money on the car, what one should i go for ?
rac trackstar or "tracker" (the common one)

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 10:25 AM
I used to work for Tracker Dave. The tracker systems are very advanced, but they are not cheap by any means. The basic entry level system is not too exensive but the better system you require the more it costs. I sold a Tracker unit to a bloke who had just bought a new Jag, he spent ?5k on his tracker system, it all depends how far you want to go. give them a ring and have a chat with them and they can give you a better idea of what sort of costs you are loking at.

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
19-11-01, 10:35 AM
rac trackstar is only 23.50 a month for a few years it works out about 900 quid

Anonymous
19-11-01, 10:50 AM
thats not too bad then.

Anonymous
19-11-01, 11:15 AM
I take it them Refugee's scared ya up!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 11:44 AM
nah, david's used to refugess. He works with a few of em !!

hahahhaha

Anonymous
19-11-01, 11:58 AM
and i am one ! straight out if fiji !

Anonymous
19-11-01, 12:05 PM
no point fitting tracker on a nova cause there is no where to hide it where it couldn't be found easily

and anyway only peeps that steal novas are joy riders and a good bit of physical security and a well fitted imobliser will stop them

by the time they find your tracker fitted nova it will be burnt out!!

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 12:21 PM
thats the only problem with something like tracker.

If it does get knicked, they guarantee to have it back with you within 24 hours but how long does it take to burn it or strip it or smash it all up, which is what thieving scumbags would probably do to it anyway.

all it helps you to do is find the shell left over if its knicked.

I'd invest the money on more security, get those plates welded in so it can't be slim jimmed. or get one of those smoke things that goes off in the car if someone breaks in.

Anonymous
19-11-01, 12:29 PM
Yeah, just make sure it dont get knicked in the first place.
- take the locks off and the internals too.
- handles are even better!
- Cat 1 alarm, with proximity sensor
- window security film

...but then u just better make sure you dont leave ur keys in the car !!!
or have a spare set to hand!

Get cctv around your premises, and when out just hope u parked in a decent place! and the rest of the above should help keeping ur beloved motor.

Also, carry a baseball bat with you, or a Magna-Lite !! Any body coming near me will get their head pound in!!!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 12:31 PM
remote controlled self destruct device...thats what I'm working on. that'll teach the skag head scum

Anonymous
19-11-01, 01:01 PM
ejector seat! lol

why would u want to get your smashed up, ragged about for a couple of hours, wheels bent, interior torn to shreds nova back when u could just let the theifs have it and get your insurance pay out?

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-11-01, 01:26 PM
1 question you have to ask though is is it worth spending ?900 on something thats going to be illegal soon anyway?

Rick says: They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most! ...

Which means Johns is going to be much better because hes going to be waiting a hell of a long time!! :P

Anonymous
20-11-01, 08:54 PM
how bout that steering lock that send 2,500 volts through the sumbags arms that should do the trick

Anonymous
21-11-01, 09:23 AM
lol cause all u do to get past them is hit them with a hammer

i asked if i could try and smash one at their display at trax 3 years ago and the bloke told me to get lost :D

Anonymous
21-11-01, 07:44 PM
lol@ste - did you really think he would let you smash it up in front of a load of people?

1.3SR FOR SALE ?200
Click For Details.
http://www.novaload.net/forums/forum.asp?ref=2347&id=6&desc=For+Sale+%26+Wanted&mpp=&sort=

Anonymous
21-11-01, 08:54 PM
lol are u saying the thief isn't gonna smash it just cause the bloke selling it says no?
i don't quite think so :D

lol the croud watching soon went after he wouldn't let me do it

Anonymous
21-11-01, 09:04 PM
hahahhaha
not suprised.
they should take loads with them to let people try and smash them off if you ask me.

1.3SR FOR SALE ?200
Click For Details.
http://www.novaload.net/forums/forum.asp?ref=2347&id=6&desc=For+Sale+%26+Wanted&mpp=&sort=

Anonymous
22-11-01, 08:52 AM
not smash it off just smash it so i wouldn't get a shock then use the extra leverage of the bar to break the steering lock