PDA

View Full Version : Please be careful - crash!

ade
21-10-04, 02:46 PM
:( Hi guys :(

My wife had a serious crash today going to work :( .

Weather was appauling up by us with the roads covered in water and high winds.

She was driving a perfectly straight bit of road and went through some sheet water on the road that didnt look like a flood but was. Hit what she thinks was a pot hole causing her to aquaplane.

Lost control - thought shed recovered but the back end fish tailed causing her to swerve into the opposite lane.

Luckily nothing was coming but she ended up ploughing through a fence into a field and rolled the car twice :o

Luckily she walked away from it but the police that attended said she was very lucky to survive. Even luckier nothing was coming the other way.

Here's some pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash003.jpg

She's okay - has nasty seatbelt bruising. Strangely the airbag didnt go off :?

PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY - ESPECIALLY IN CURRENT WEATHER CONDITIONS!

She was only doing about 45.

Ade

Al Wilson
21-10-04, 02:58 PM
Sorry to hear that, it is always much more dangerous in bad weather.

I hope she is alright and makes a full recovery very very soon.

All the best,

Al

peester
21-10-04, 02:59 PM
gutted mate, sorry for her. weather is really bad here too - big hail, thunder the lot. im staying in.

Fester
21-10-04, 03:02 PM
How far away from the road?!

Glad she's alright, car seems to have taken the damage 'well'. The roads are starting to get like that up here, will the council do anything about it :roll:

krobinson
21-10-04, 03:26 PM
She was only doing about 45.

Ade

Wow, thats a bad smash that, sorry to hear, at least she's ok mate!

However 45mph? By the time she'd hit the water it would have slowed to at least 35, then lost back end, thought she corrected, then through a fence and rolled twice? at 45mph???

I think she's pulling your leg mate!

Keith

Ste_Nova
21-10-04, 03:50 PM
tip.... if you hit water floor it

mikeoxford
21-10-04, 04:13 PM
to be fair id say she was lucky the airbag DIDNT go off. that would have kept her body upright, and with the damaged caused by the roof who knows what injuries may have occured??

from the research and teaching i had, doing motor car science, i always understood airbag (if designed correctly) would only go off from a front impact anyway? to stop the body being projected forward.

ANYWAY. who cares ^^^^^

the important thing is she is alright, and its like a horse - what i mean is make sure she gets back on it and rides it cos something like that would put me off for life.

hope she is ok ade. all the best.

mike

benji
21-10-04, 04:17 PM
that looks bad mate. glad she's ok. my missus had a crash last week aswell.

epo
21-10-04, 04:29 PM
least shes ok thats the main thing mate
does look bad that tho

Riggy
21-10-04, 05:23 PM
:o sorry to hear that mate , as said sge very lucky to not be hurt badly
hope she gets better soon

carl

ade
21-10-04, 05:48 PM
cheers guys.

Shes stiffening up - she shoulder and neck are really sore and her arm is giving her grief - May take her up to the hospital tomorrow - see how she is later.

She was doing 45 - no more than 50. Its an A road and notorious for crashes and with weather as it was she was taking it easy. however I think when she lost control after regaining it she may have hit accelerator in the panic.

The field is about 3/4 ft lower than the road so when the car went through the fence the drivers side of the nose impacted the earth and the momentum threw the car over - it landed about 50 odd mtrs away from the road.

This pic shows how far...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/crash009.jpg

and thats the hole she left. you can see the gouge marks in the grass.

Feckin scared the sh1te out of me when I 1st say it. Starting to hit home how lucky she was.

:x

Chris
21-10-04, 06:28 PM
I am just glad to hear she was fine. I am not a great lover of standing water, I just relax, I dont floor it as you have no control whatsoever then just keep it nice and steady

Chris

PAG
21-10-04, 06:36 PM
thank god she was not in a nova hey!

glad shes ok chap!

sh0rty
21-10-04, 07:05 PM
:o crashes scares the sh!t out of me. Hope she's ok and not going to let it put her off. Damn scary though. Never been in one myself except minor bumps, and tbh I really wouldn't know htf to correct it if I went wrong :?

burgo
21-10-04, 07:10 PM
the main thing is shes alrite mate and the air-bag didnt go off cos it wasnt a frontal impact

CP
21-10-04, 07:13 PM
:o glad she walked away mate. Its a fine line we all tread quite a lot of the time just going about our daily lives and you dont realise how fine until something like this happens.

scott.parker
21-10-04, 07:20 PM
:o jees ade,im glad to here your wife is ok mate,that mg did take a fair impact and stood up to it well..

A mate of mine dide in a 160bhp mgzr a few years back he wernt so lucky,his car whent of the road into a ditch and fliped upright into the air and hit a tree,he was killed at the point of impact as the tree struck down the middle of the roof.

She was verry lucky,once again glad to here she is ok mate,carnt really ask for more then that,as a car you can replace..

scott

J4MES
21-10-04, 07:32 PM
:o sorry to hear that, hope she feels better soon, that looks really bad :o

RJM25R
21-10-04, 08:34 PM
Glad she's ok. A car is nothing compared to the wellbeing of a loved one!

Mel
21-10-04, 09:19 PM
bloody hell. :o

I am glad to hear that she's alright. As said before, car can be replaced, but she can't.

Dod
21-10-04, 09:34 PM
Hi mate, like they say over here, it could be worse, you're only out money. Hope she's ok.

nova ian
21-10-04, 09:44 PM
jesus :o good to her she is ok, the weather is terrible, isn't it meant to be getting worse? :? i hope not

Nick
21-10-04, 10:38 PM
yep, good to hear she's ok

my best mate rolled her car 8 times through a field/ a banking because of a gritter spilling too much grit last year , she slided on a MASSIVE pile of grit. Quite ironic really, although she survived with jst seatbelt injuries.

watch out for badgers too, they r reet little fcukers !

never liked Mgs anyways :-D

Barn
21-10-04, 10:40 PM
Wow, thats a bad smash that, sorry to hear, at least she's ok mate!

However 45mph? By the time she'd hit the water it would have slowed to at least 35, then lost back end, thought she corrected, then through a fence and rolled twice? at 45mph???

I think she's pulling your leg mate!

Keith
nice analysis there of someone who wasnt even there, lol

anyways it doesnt matter...glad your mrs is ok Ade...it is only when you start looking at pictures etc when you realise how lucky she was...I was then same after I rolled my car a few months back...didnt realise how lucky i was until afterwards

All the best mate hope she has a speedy recovery :+:

dan_mk1
21-10-04, 10:52 PM
Glad to hear shes ok dude!

retrosi
21-10-04, 11:02 PM
imagine the state the car would be in if it wasnt a mg but a nova. lucky really.

srs1
21-10-04, 11:08 PM
as said this morning ade when you told me.

glad she is ok.

all the best to her mate.

Col_Mk1
21-10-04, 11:24 PM
glad shes ok

Snowface
22-10-04, 09:48 AM
good tyres help a lot when driving in wet condition. All of you Nova owners with lowered suspension (including myself) Its easy for ur tyres to go bad with out noticing.

Sort out the camber or change them when needed. We're in for a hard wet winter by the sound of the forcasters. Car's need to be in GWO.

MattNova
22-10-04, 09:54 AM
glad she's ok mate, but the cars fcuked.

realy lucky

Ste_Nova
22-10-04, 09:59 AM
Sort out the camber or change them when needed. We're in for a hard wet winter by the sound of the forcasters. .

snow tyres :twisted:

naughtyGirl
22-10-04, 01:02 PM
that looks and sounds awful i hope she soon gets better

?Marty?
23-10-04, 01:01 PM
Fuck!! That is a BAD crash!

Personally i have never been in any crashes, so am 'lucky'. I have had my car in a couple of spins - once when i was going round a tight bend and my rear tyre blew, it sent the car in a spin. And another (i admit i was oushing it that time too) when i hit an oil slick on a really big roundabout and it sent me in a 360 spin. Although i managed to stay calm and control it both times. Fuck knows how, since i had no previous experience of it, but have read many articles on what you should do and etc.

Anyway....Sorry to hear what happened Ade, the main thing is that she is OK, it's all that matters really. Everything else is just money.

Col_Mk1
24-10-04, 03:20 AM
well last night i was in mates nova gte rolled but cars ok just scuffed il try getpics soon

Snowface
24-10-04, 11:07 AM
u rolled it but the cars ok? just a few scuffs. Lucky.

Col_Mk1
24-10-04, 12:06 PM
u rolled it but the cars ok? just a few scuffs. Lucky. my mate rolled it pics are up