PDA

View Full Version : Gsi Gear box and wiring problems *please help*

clawsk
20-10-04, 11:09 PM
First of all my red gsi has deveoped a coil problem. The car would not get a spark to the dizzy so i replaced the coil with a coil that is known and tested to be working, then it started and ran fine for a day, next day it wouldnt start (no spark to dizzy again) so played around and discovered that if i shake the loom just above the gear linkage that this would make the car start and run, if i shake it when running it would sometimes cut out.

I have now stripped all the heat shrink off that part of the loom to have a look, there was a few dodgy connector blocks (from when the engine conversion was done) so replaced them with inline crimps. but still no joy car wont start at all now.

The only other thing i have found so far if the black wire off the coil goes to a tiny green thing which looks like it connects to 2 other black wires to it, Is this just a connector or somethin else? it looks like it cud do with replacing.

Im pretty certain that the black wire off the coil is the problem.

Any ideas?

Second prob is my white gsi has developed a whining noise whilst driving (quite loud) noise goes when foot on clutch, Input shaft bearing gone? How easy is it to replace?

If u have been arsed to read all that and can help its much appreciated

Cheers 8)

robb
21-10-04, 04:37 PM
Coil needs a black and green to run, black should have voltage on when ign is on, test for it. Green is a trigger wire.

If that doesn't help then peel back the boot on module plug and connect the green and black into there respectively, should run, otherwise you have no power to loom, the sensor on dizzy is shagged or module shagged.

As for box it sounds like a clutch bearing problem.