PDA

View Full Version : Nova EXPENDITURE

Anonymous
19-11-01, 12:46 PM
I know there was a post similar to this ages ago (which I cant find anymore), but
how much have u lot spent on the Nova since u had it? (with or without the purchase price?, and MINUS bits u have sold from it)
Doesn't include servicing and Mot stuff!!)

I total my costs at: ?8010 !!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 01:48 PM
oops, slight error in calculating: its ?9160 ...and always climbing !!!

I could have got a brand new Saxo !! hee hee :D
LMAO

Anonymous
19-11-01, 02:19 PM
not including insurance as well coz thats something you HAVE to pay not optional.

Ive spent about ?6.5k on mine including buying it for ?1,800. Thats including the 2.0l conversion.

:D 2.0l 8v. It will work one day !!! :D

Anonymous
19-11-01, 02:27 PM
i havent paid that much really !
i love work, dont you ?

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 02:32 PM
I think its insane to spend that much !!
Questioning whether I should just put a stop to it now ...that way I could save myself at least ?3000, but I've still spent over ?6k on it right now! If I stopped it would be minus the 2L 16v costs, and keep a cheaper suspension set-up, basically just a tad better than a normal GSi and stop the bodywork... I am haveing a reflective moment which is damn shocking!!!!!!

(the above EXCLUDES insurance and tax, and labour costs! ...oh dear)

Anonymous
19-11-01, 03:22 PM
About 2000 including the car for 900, only had 6 months tho :D after all wot are university loans for!? lol

Anonymous
19-11-01, 03:26 PM
erm dont wanna think aout it to be honest :>

Rick says: They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most! ...

Which means Johns is going to be much better because hes going to be waiting a hell of a long time!! :P

Anonymous
19-11-01, 04:28 PM
u could just go and buy kathricks for ?10 000

has anybody actully checked with him that he got that much for it??

thats got to be a b reg nova record

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
19-11-01, 04:44 PM
I seen his in Fast Car for December...

I wish I hadnt calculated all this cost;
I feel sick!! :(
and on top of that I dont even have the bloomin' car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody wanna buy a GSi 1.6 8v,
you can choose the colour (it's a bare shell at mo),
17 inch Kahns RSS, flared new arches
Lots of body mods, Digi Dash, Single wiper,
1.5k ICE, M3 mirrors, Clear clusters, strengthening kit for a valver ...

OFFERS!! you'll get a brand spanking new car!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 05:01 PM
a new car with no character

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-11-01, 05:16 PM
you selling it Sid ??????????

Anonymous
19-11-01, 05:28 PM
My girlfriend made me feel guilty, cos I'm supposed to be buying a house!!

But there's no point in selling it now... I've just picked up my brand new alloys!! oh, that was a weak moment, good thing Ged didnt make me an offer in his last post! it would've gone!

Phew! I'm back!! But just out of interest, how much would we get for our Nova's?

Anonymous
19-11-01, 06:12 PM
current car nova 2.0 16v owes about 2.5k

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 06:34 PM
The engine stuff is fine Ste, cos u know everything, but I believe you havent done any body mods or got other trick bits?
(I'm not putting it down, but thats where the majority of my money has gone!)
I wish I hadn't spent so much...

Anonymous
19-11-01, 06:48 PM
My 2ltr nova owes me about ?6500 at the moment and it does not run yet! LMFAO. I still need to get wheels (say about ?850), disk rear beam (?200), respray (?1200+ for a mint job), ICE, o and a engine reboild (?500
+ as i am doing most of it myself with the help of a mechanic mate). All this for my love of NOVAS! I must be bloody MAD. Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 07:14 PM
Rick mate ...u make me feel better :)
I thought I was going down in history as the most biggest spender on a Nova !!
I have yet to get the interior, but that will follow when I get bored ! GSi seats will do for now.

Cheers mate!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
:x You'll Nova Cruise Alone :x

Anonymous
19-11-01, 07:26 PM
?9460 !!
Can ANYBODY beat that ??
(do ya reckon I'll get some money back if I let some companies use it as their advertising camapaign ??)

Anonymous
19-11-01, 07:38 PM
pioneer are meant to be good for that :-) all u have to do is call them make some stickers to cover the whole car (i mean one massive one down each side and biggest u can for rear and front) and then go to loads of cruises. Plus u have to use there ice

I want my car back :-(

Anonymous
19-11-01, 07:46 PM
beat that hahahahahahahahaa

with my eyes closed.

Anonymous
19-11-01, 07:49 PM
Lol @ Sid! if she luvs you m8 she'll forgive you plus houses are no fun to drive!:>

Anonymous
19-11-01, 08:06 PM
She does mate! She was the one who said go and spend ?900 on a valver rather than getting a cheap one!!!
She is the only babe that I have met who is in2 cruisin' & pumpin' da B-Line! ;)

Anonymous
19-11-01, 08:13 PM
Then she'll love it when she's in the finished article, nailing by some waster in his wannabee!
Was Pod any good at the weekend?

Anonymous
19-11-01, 09:57 PM
sid mate you should just get that engine off dave and get a new clutch, as you know mine came from dave and i have had no probs and it will work out being a lot cheaper for you. you will be best to comunicate with my brother about weather you want me to fit it, cause i am not on line all day like you lazy bastards (damian and dave!)

Anonymous
19-11-01, 10:14 PM
here here !

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
19-11-01, 10:35 PM
O and i still need to get a alarm which is ?550 for a clifford 600 + Other bits and bobs for the alarm. One thing to bear in mind is that i am only 20 with many years of spending on nova's ahead of me, un-like Ian who will be cutting back in a few weeks when he starts to draw his pension! lmfao Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
20-11-01, 08:52 AM
As soon as I got to Santa Pod (with David P) at 2pm ...it was rained off! 90 miles and 1.5hrs and we had to go back! It seemed like Saxo day!

Even without the engine, my Nova has cost me nr. ?8k, so whats a little more, esp for more power & looks? I am getting a gearbox and clutch for ?75.

(and I gotta cut down on being on-line, I got advertising to sell, Dave, I think ur yard needs some representation on the Internet !!! ...get ya mo biz!)

Anonymous
20-11-01, 09:26 AM
so what you doing then sifd, you having tht engine off of dave or what ?

If you do, it'll be easier to get it to langley if me and my brother are fitting it for you rather than all the way from barnsley.

Also if you take the engine out up there and get it towed down here, its going to cost you a packet to get it towed 400 miles !!! If you drive it back down here with the 1.6 engine in it, you won't have to fork out on towing fee's from Barnsley and you can just get that engine off Dave and it'll only have to be moved from Iver to langley if me and my brother are fitting it ?

saving you lots of money !!!!!

Anonymous
20-11-01, 10:06 AM
I am going to see Mark's engine first, that way I can at least compare.
My Nova will prob come back with the 1.6 in there, and get a mate to hire out a van for me (for free, I hope!) to bring it back, if I want it, from Stoke. The valver aint going to Barnsley.
My garage lad is going to take out the 1.6, strengthen & seam weld, put it back in, then I do whatever with the fitting of valver.

Anonymous
20-11-01, 10:37 AM
lol i did body mods and trick bits with my old cars

Anonymous
20-11-01, 01:19 PM
my car:?600
wheels: ?200
Honda Civic fr bumper, new shapemicra rear bumper: Free from bodyshop skip
-40mm Puma springs:?50
Twin headlights:?40
Paint, sand paper etc for colour coding: abot ?30

i'm building a budget Nova, but the styling and quality of parts/workmanship will definately not be budget...everything will be done properly, notbodged and definately not a car that crashed into Halfords and drove out with motorsport sunstrip etc etc, blue cosmic blow pipe...lol :p

Total spend estimate when finished fitting kit: approx ?1k...not bad eh?

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
20-11-01, 06:35 PM
havent kept an accurate record on money spent, but in the last 5 years have gone through, 3 full repaints, 2 rollcages, 3 sets of springs, about 5 sets of wheels, twin 40's, 2 engine swaps, only 1 pair of driveshafts, 4 fuel pumps, etc, a fair bit :o and this is bearing in mind that I've done everything myself,
All on car that cost ?250!

Anonymous
20-11-01, 06:48 PM
Ive mangaed to keep mine under 1000, but i dont really wanna spend too much on this car as its only my first and the body really needs a lot of work, thats why most of what i bought can be take and put on my next car.

Anonymous
21-11-01, 12:50 AM
Well, I've re-set back to zero now I have my new GTE, so total cost for that so far is ?495 to buy it.

I need to sort the front brakes, which won't cost much, and that's about it.
I've fitted my elecy windows from the Antibes,and my Mountney wheel, foot pedals and Cav alloys for now (better tyres than those on the Astra alloys that were on it), so I suppose I should add the value of those bits to the cost, which is still only about ?650 (not including alloys since that ?495 included a set of 15" alloys).

Future plans are to fit my JP stainless zorst and to lower it...probably on Puma springs like I did on the Antibes, but even with these on top, it's still only about ?760.
There's little bits of rust to tidy up, but nothing more than surface rust, so should only cost the price of a couple of cans of paint...one primer, and one top coat!

Anonymous
21-11-01, 06:01 AM
SR valver on 48's in the pipeline...

B-) Streakers beware: Your end is in sight B-)