PDA

View Full Version : nova timing pls help in need of pics!!!!!!!!

dooooney
20-10-04, 04:20 PM
how Do i time pistons in my nova wat tools will i need and does the timing light have to be a sertern 1 :?: :?:
chears all

Dooooney

burgo
20-10-04, 06:49 PM
realine your pistons??? what exactly do you mean?? i think your on about timing but im not sure

burgo
20-10-04, 10:39 PM
the best answer mate is a haynes manual and there is no certain timing light all timing lights do the same job

Chris
21-10-04, 06:59 AM
It think you are trying to refer to the position of pistons for doing the cam belt. It you still have the cam belt cover then there should be a mark on it near the bottom pulley and a little nick out of the pulley. Turn the pulley until these line up. This puts No 1 piston at Top Dead Centre (TDC). Now one your top pulley there is another mark, this should be pointing straight up to another mark on the cam belt cover. If you dont have the cam belt cover then take out No1 spark plug, and insert a screw driver and turn the bottom pulley until the screw driver lifts then drops. Now go back until you can feel that the piston is at the top (TDC). Then move the top pulley round until the mark is at the top. Note, when you refitted the cam belt, turn the engine over by hand (or ratchet) to make sure it feels right (i.e plenty of commpression) because it is possible to put the top pulley 180 degrees out. If it doesnt feel right then remove the belt and do a full turn of the top pulley.

That should help

Chris

dooooney
21-10-04, 07:42 AM
chears any chance i can get any pics of wat ur saying chris um and by the way i bourt some stickers off you and still aint got them

chears
dooooney

Chris
21-10-04, 07:47 AM
Sorry I cant get any pics of the timing stuff, as I dont have an 8v nova, but I'm sure someone will have some. As for the stickers I replied to your post in the stickers for sale topic with my apologies. They were put in the post yesterday

Chris