PDA

View Full Version : BANNED!!!

alxlaw
20-10-04, 02:36 PM
ok need help, in july 04 i was banned for 1 year, as i had committed an offence within the first year of me having a license now in july 05 i will have to take my test again and the driving theory again so in theory i will have a "clean new" licence! what i want to kno is when it comes to july 05 and i ask the insurer for a quote n they ask me wether i have any endorsements do i say yes or no?.......as i will have a brand new licence with no trace of "baddassness"

help!

Fester
20-10-04, 02:38 PM
Declare all.

Ben
20-10-04, 02:40 PM
Thats the same as saying someone who killed three people drink driving dosent need to deckare old bans or similar, dont be daft! Of course you do.

Start saving now for any insurance.

Ste_Nova
20-10-04, 02:47 PM
eh? banned if you do something in the first year??? what did you do?

Ben
20-10-04, 02:55 PM
You only need 6 points in the first 2 years of motoring, so thats speeding with a bald tyre- See ya

tom_beverley
20-10-04, 03:05 PM
I got my licence back in september after i was banned. Had to do everything again, and yes of course you have to declare that you have been banned.

And it is not a clean licence as it says under endorsements on the paper counter part what convictions you have.

Expect your insurance to rocket-mine went from ?800 fully comp to ?1800 TPFT

However say you passed your test before july 03, when/if you get it back next year you will be allowed 12 points as they class the '2 years from test pass' from your first test pass.

Ste_Nova
20-10-04, 03:55 PM
yes ben but you can retake your test the day after you are banned!

alxlaw
20-10-04, 04:00 PM
i threw an empty lynx can at a bus driver coz he threw a roll of bus tickets at my car n dented the roof, little did i realise i was being followed by a blue bmw with an off duty copper in it, the lynx can missed the bus compleetly but of course the copper remembers the can but not the bus tickets iv still got a stupid dent in the roof that wont pop out im onli 19 will any insurers even bother?

may all 157 bus drivers die in hell!

alxlaw
20-10-04, 04:01 PM
tom_beverley

did you have to re-take your test tho?

geordie_racer
20-10-04, 04:09 PM
i was banned and am resitting my test in nivember. as far as declaring it goes you just tell them the number of the offence and how many points you were given thats it, as for insurance goin up its not that bad, mines gone up to ?1100 from ?800 on a modded 1.4sr with all mods declared fully comp and thats at 20 years old so it shouldnt b 2 bad shop around and get some quotes its the only way you'll find out

chris

alxlaw
20-10-04, 04:15 PM
geordie_racer - who are you with? what insurer?

that 1100 is better than my tpft i had last year

geordie_racer
20-10-04, 04:22 PM
when i 1st passed my test i payed ?980 with cis and a pass plus certificate for a j reg 1.2i. they then put it up ?7 a month for the 1.4sr engine and mods.(They didn't charge me for bodywork mods). then since ive been banned all the quotes ive had have been from tesco and ive found them very resonable. other thing i noticed with tesco is by sticking a parent as a named driver brings it down also

chris

robb
20-10-04, 04:23 PM
My mate was banned for drink driving, at 24.

He now has a 1.2 with 1.4 motor in, ?70 FC/year. Every time I see him I think cnut!

geordie_racer
20-10-04, 04:28 PM
insuranc seems to be very much down 2 luck, not long after i was banned some company rang me up as they new my renewal was close and offered me ?600 a year fully comp and at ?720 once they knew id been banned but i had a lot of stuff going on at the time so it never got took up as its took me ages to resit my test

chris

Adam
20-10-04, 06:48 PM
You have to do an extended test as well don't you, 70minute test, i am sure Tom did anyway.
Alxlaw, was the Lynx can an empty can of lynx deodrant or an empty can of Lynx lager, i take it lager.
Why did you get banned for that, drink driving???
Seems a bit weird.

alxlaw
20-10-04, 08:00 PM
it was an empty can of lynx deoderent, i dont drink atall im a sad bastard, well it looks pritty bad then i better get saving for my insure'z, im suprised there are so many banned drivers on here, does any 1 really beleive i deserved bein banned 4 wot i did?....no 1 got hurt, no 1 could have got hurt, its all bullshit n that 157 bus driver better watch out coz wen am back on the streets "of LA" they'll b HELL 2 PAY!!!!

k maby i did deserve it! :oops:

burgo
20-10-04, 08:03 PM
what exactly did they charge you with

alxlaw
20-10-04, 08:24 PM
dangerous driving, (i sped off after id thrown it) wreckles endangerment, (i had my girlfreind in the car with me) criminal damage............I MISSED THE BUS!!!!! GODDAMN IT!!!,

Adam
20-10-04, 08:55 PM
I think thats the stupidest thing i have every heard someone being banned for :roll:

Nick
20-10-04, 08:59 PM
yep it is pretty stupid. But then again you should have just controlled your temper and gone to a local fed station, presented the damage and details of the buss, and used your girlfriend as a witness. They'd be able to tell by the dent and the offending object if you were telling the truth.

You probably would have got it on the bus companies insurance.

And if you think about it, what if that lynx can had flew back and gone under someone's wheel ? or hit a windscreen,

even though they are empty they are still under high pressure, i wouldn't like to see one of them exploding under my tyre.

Snowface
20-10-04, 10:18 PM
lmao. can i ask why he threw the roll of 'bus tickets' at you in the first place?

I can just imagine the driver opening his ticket machine and ripping out the roll and throwing it at your car. lol.

Philsutton
21-10-04, 01:02 AM
I can just imagine the driver opening his ticket machine and ripping out the roll and throwing it at your car. lol.
:lol: especially as he is driving a 10 ton bus that would do more damage than a faggoty ticket roll

RJM25R
21-10-04, 08:38 AM
But you must have done something for him to throw the roll at you.

I saw the driver of the 83 bus in Manchester do exactly the same thing (throw a roll of tickets at a car) after it pulled out on him on a 40mph road. This caused the bus driver to do an emergency stop in his 13-tonne (with passengers) vehicle. I was on the bus, and some of the passengers were thrown about and could have been injured, and in the event of a smash, any back seat passengers in that car would have certainly been killed!

Also, did the off duty copper have a camera fitted to his car? If he is off duty his statement would have no more bearing than any other witness....

"""no 1 got hurt, no 1 could have got hurt, its all s**t n that 157 bus driver better watch out coz wen am back on the streets "of LA" they'll b HELL 2 pay"""

Best you did get banned with that attitude. Getting the bus may calm you down and realise that people COULD have been hurt, and swearing vengeance on the bus driver is not the right attitude. You did wrong, you got caught and you need to serve your ban with grace and take your punishment like a man. If you were innocent I'd understand you swearing vengeance..........

Sermon over!!!

And good luck with your re-test.

robb
21-10-04, 09:10 AM
A roll of tickets LMAO.

It sounds a bit strange, then again I live in the country and only ever got the bus to school!

TBH I wouldn't mess with a bus, they are after all a girder on wheels.

Ste_Nova
21-10-04, 09:45 AM
i've never ever been on a bus :lol: or a train... i get the feeling i'm not missing anything :roll:

robb
21-10-04, 09:57 AM
Yes you are, there are thousands of flying ticket rolls!

Philsutton
21-10-04, 01:04 PM
but you can experience the ticket rolls from your own nova :lol:

alxlaw
21-10-04, 05:11 PM
the copper was a bastard n i had no idea what was going on, i just took it, unfortunatly i havent and probably never will learn my lesson, not because im a c**t, but because the way i was just chernd thru the works by the magistraits, it took them 2 mins to think of a punishment for me they ruind my life for 1 year n fined me 300 quid, i then went on prozac lost ma job n all ma freinds (coz i live in the middle of no where) so i never saw em so thats why im a bit pissed off!!!, if they had fined me 10,000 pounds and not baned me i wud av been eternally greatfull, but no.....i had sum shit bag of a soliciter who couldnt care less, worse than that my girlfreinds dad turns round to me after it had all gone tits up n said " you do know im a masion n i cud av made it all go away 4 ya?"

i faut the law, n the rest is history!

Nick
21-10-04, 06:12 PM
hmm sounds bad

i live in the middle of nowhere to, so if i lost my car i couldn't see my friends.

but then again, it's all your own fault. not the bus drivers.

ade
21-10-04, 06:23 PM
most insurers (I work for one) will ask for all convistions in 5 years and all claims in 3 yrs.

Most will ask if youve been prev banned and this will deter them from taking you on (high risk).

But you probably know that.

The good news is theres loads of insurers who will take you on at a good price despite your previous convictions.

However that may not take you on with a modified car...

Its a tough call.

And as for your mates - feck em! If they were true mates that'd still make an effort to see you.

You could always get the bus to see them - perhaps not the 157 though eh!

:wink:

RJM25R
21-10-04, 08:30 PM
If an off-duty copper has managed to cop you (!) I don't think a mason can get you off. This masonic lodge bullshit has been around for years, but it's urban legend.

Snowface
22-10-04, 09:50 AM
when u say mason, do you mean like a stone mason? wtf?

doge5644_uk
23-10-04, 08:33 PM
Yea whats a mason? :?:

Dod
23-10-04, 10:04 PM
Listen mate, it may be different over here but this is what I did. Banned for three years, applied for a new second provisional with a different address and using my second name. Social security numbers and stuff all the same. I'm due endorsements but they end in a few months time. If they ask if you've had a ban before, say no. Any endorsements, say no, because on your licence there aren't any. If it does come to light that you've had a ban, it'll take so long to figure out , ie name and address change, that little or no action will take place. I know this because I know a person working in an Insurancr Brokers and they explained it to me, at the very worst, they'll add 25% onto your quote for the next year. Dont abuse it though, if you persist, you'll get busted good'n'proper!! :wink: