PDA

View Full Version : corsa / nova debate

coxie
20-10-04, 02:08 PM
cant decide which .. been offered one of each .. only 200 each both tidy and jus standard .. can get a c20xe so that ent a problem .. but im unsure which car to do it to ..

i want a nice fast low euro car .. and i like both so im stuck .. thought id let the nova boys n girls persuade me either way

Philsutton
20-10-04, 02:28 PM
i'd say go for the nova, the corsa has more weight to carry around

Ben
20-10-04, 02:34 PM
Im driving round in a corsa GSi and its ok but a bit of a tarts Car!

Col_Mk1
20-10-04, 02:35 PM
well ive showed u 1 euro nova am sure sum others will post sum

Stuart
20-10-04, 03:15 PM
ANY abusive messages and the offending person(s) will face banning

play nice kids

id say nova, since you can cut more weight from it, but the corsa might be more "creature comforty" if your in for that kind of thing

Hazel
20-10-04, 05:11 PM
Nova every time for me.

J4MES
20-10-04, 06:54 PM
has to be the nova, why would you want to drive an egg??? :lol: :lol:

burgo
20-10-04, 06:58 PM
im not having a go mate but what do you expect people to say on here
?? its obvious they all gonna say nova as i do

Ste L
20-10-04, 07:03 PM
i'd like both personally, but the nova's gonna be lighter, there for quicker so i'd go for that

epo
20-10-04, 07:13 PM
i say corsa

just to be different :lol:

burgo
20-10-04, 07:13 PM
now why dont that suprise me epo lol

Mike
20-10-04, 07:31 PM
nova all day! they have a style of there own! its called ''tetris'' :|

corsa's r just round and kombat kitted! well, most ov em round my way neway. :lol:

nova's r old skool kool. different to all this nu skool roundy crap! i mean, look what happend to the VW Golf! it WAS old skool kool, now its nu skool sh*t.

Mike
20-10-04, 07:31 PM
nova all day! they have a style of there own! its called ''tetris'' :|

corsa's r just round and kombat kitted! well, most ov em round my way neway. :lol:

nova's r old skool kool. different to all this nu skool roundy crap! i mean, look what happend to the VW Golf! it WAS old skool kool, now its nu skool sh*t.

**No offence o any golf owners by the way**

burgo
20-10-04, 07:47 PM
we heard you the first time mate lol and i recon all the golfs are nice but the r32 is super sexy :D

J4MES
20-10-04, 07:49 PM
the R32 would have been awesome if it wasnt such a fat b*stard!!! lokks lovely though....

burgo
20-10-04, 07:51 PM
of course technically though the r32 is an r32 and not a golf but who cares

AnThoNYnOvA
20-10-04, 08:19 PM
well this a nova forum so 80% of members are gonna say nova so no point asking here , the nova looks nice and manly car but oldish car, the nova is more of a girly car with new stuff etc and up2 date

Nick
20-10-04, 08:21 PM
nova anyday

althought, i did see a nice 2.5V6 Corsa the other day with direct port nitrous injection

the funny thing was, the wide arch kit made it look like a nova (kinda nova arches basically) just goes to show how similar they are.

Mike.
20-10-04, 08:26 PM
ermmmmm corsa or nova

let me think

nova :D

Gunzi
20-10-04, 08:59 PM
would I be right in saying that the nova would need strengthening, and the corsa (for a more rigid chassis) would not? This might even out the weight?
Never the less I'd still go for the Nova!

Jim
20-10-04, 09:17 PM
would I be right in saying that the nova would need strengthening, and the corsa (for a more rigid chassis) would not? This might even out the weight?
Never the less I'd still go for the Nova!

You can strenghten the Nova without addind much weight. I think Dan had his shell strengthened and an extra 2kg was added all round (im not 100% sure though).

The Nova will be lighter than the Corsa, but the Corsa is a newer car and just as cheap to run as a Nova.

It's up to you, youre the one driving it.

Jim

Nick
20-10-04, 09:55 PM
i'd say a standard corsa is alot cheaper to run than a nova.

Mines pretty poort on MPG

At the mo you'l find corsa's are cheaper than nova's or the same price.

i.e you can pick a J/K/or even L reg nova up for roughly the same price as a L Reg M reg corsa

Adam
20-10-04, 11:19 PM
i'd say a standard corsa is alot cheaper to run than a nova.

Mines pretty poort on MPG

At the mo you'l find corsa's are cheaper than nova's or the same price.

i.e you can pick a J/K/or even L reg nova up for roughly the same price as a L Reg M reg corsa
Yeah cus most corsas have a newer engine so they are gonna be worn less, so should cost less to run for breakdowns etc.
But Nova all the way. :D

benji
21-10-04, 12:36 AM
what's up with the corsa with it only being ?200? i'll have it, where you from?

Philsutton
21-10-04, 12:55 AM
The corsa still needs strengthing, for a start they dont have the inner arches that novas have.

If you look at all new cars they are all becoming over weight, just like the people that drive them. All these new cars with 3 litre engines ect oooooh look lots of power but go find an old car with a small engine an most of the tiime the new car would get battered

dan_mk1
21-10-04, 01:43 PM
Isnt it up to you!? which car you prefer!

Fester
21-10-04, 03:24 PM
If you look at all new cars they are all becoming over weight, just like the people that drive them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the best thing I've read all week!

Ben
21-10-04, 03:29 PM
Well the more i drive my Corsa the more its growing on me, its quite tourqey for a 1.6 16v!

coxie
23-10-04, 01:40 PM
corsas a 1.4 16v sport .. engines shot .. and is half way through beein smooth arched .. so sorta mid project a mates gettin rid of so doin it us cheap ..

nova is cheap as due to same ded engine reason .. but i like both ..

jus ent got a clue .. might buy both lmao ..

the 2.5 ltr v6 corsa .. u refferin to beardys .. was in max power and revs recently ;) hes a local up here in manchester .. no him personally .. he be helpin me doin this conversion :)

Nick
23-10-04, 03:35 PM
yep that's the one, i jst saw it on the net

don't think theres many 2.5v6 Nos corsas around !

looks like a nova i have to say, especially the wide arches n the sill lines and roof. Just the rounded front and back that look different.

i'd say get a nova, or get a corsa and spend alot of money making it look like a nova :-D

SRimon
25-10-04, 04:37 PM
Ive owned both a Corsa and a now 3 Novas!

Nova all the way in my opinion

Matt Nova
25-10-04, 04:47 PM
I'd have a corsa

a opel corsa A :wink:

novas all the way

my lasses corsa rolls something rotten when you go round corners