PDA

View Full Version : 1.4sr carb (twin 40s or twin32/34s?)

-Coxy-
20-10-04, 01:02 PM
greetings all. i am proud owner of h plate sr nova( :P ), and being so old the standard peirburg piece of shit carb is on its last legs :( . now everyone tells me to go for the twin 40 bad boys :twisted: , but being a student a have a budget. :?
i recently got a quote of ?253inc. vat & p&p for a set of 32/34 replacement carbs witch apparently will make me go faster and improve fuel economy. :) qoutes for new 40s a near double this. :cry: i know that there are shit loads of this for sale on this website alone, but i can never find any second hand 32/34s. is this because they shite, or because no-one really bothers and just go all out for the 40s?
what do you reckon? well, any feedback is most welcome.
cheers.
coxy.

Ste L
20-10-04, 01:05 PM
i'd go for the twin 40's myself...

wouldn't mind dumpin the injection on my sri and gettin 40's myself

Barn
20-10-04, 01:38 PM
the 32/34 Carbs do pop up for sale now and again (I myself had one for sale a couple of weeks ago)...

from what I've heard they are a very good intermediate option to go for between the old Pierberg 2E and twin 40 carbs...

twin carbs can get expensive new...once you have bought the carbs...there is a whole host of other things that you must buy also (and they all cost money!)...filters, linkage, trumpets, inlet manifold etc etc...unless of course you buy a second hand set with all of the above with it (usually about ?300 second hand)...

the 32/34 is more or less just a straight swap, far less hassle and a lot cheaper...(you will also need an inlet manifold from a 1.3 to use the carb on your SR)...but obviously you don't get the same performance gains.

Ste_Nova
20-10-04, 02:48 PM
you use what ever inlet matches the engine... i might have one at the weekend

Snowface
20-10-04, 03:10 PM
The 32/34 is a good comprimise between power and price/economy over the T40's.

i still got mine for sale.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99804

johnny27
22-10-04, 01:12 PM
Probaly best going for the webber 32 rather than the 40s if your on a budget, because your lossing serious potental power with the 40s if you have'nt got any work done to your engine, like ported head and high lift cam, and to be right you'd want a 4 branch as well. I done this aswell, and the difference was amazing from the 40s when i had my head done,cam and the manifold.