PDA

View Full Version : Police / Sunstrips and the law on them

Anonymous
17-11-01, 05:30 PM
Got pulled by the police last night for no reason at all, i played the nice guy and did everything he asked, he checked tyres, they were fine, checked plates, fine etc etc

Cutting a long story short i was at the roadside for over 20 mins and i get a fixed penalty notice for my sunstrip!? ?30 or i can go to court.

The thing is my sunstrip is not at all low down, ive measured where theres a mark the windscreen of mk2 novas, is this a mark for as far down as a strip can legally go cause it is the same distance as my strip!? im not after a debate on whether sunstrips are good or bad just wana know the law cause as far as i can see i have done nothing wrong and am seriously considering taking it to court.

please, any advice would be a gr8 help

will

(sorry for such a long message)

Anonymous
17-11-01, 08:23 PM
Your sunstrip cannot go lower then the little T thing on the window. If its above that take him to court.

Anonymous
17-11-01, 08:53 PM
As far as the MOT is concerned, as long as the wipers don't go over it, you're ok.

My wipers go over mine though, but I've got larger than standard blades on. I've never had probs with the police, but they're ok pretty laid back around Sheffield, from my experience.

I think they're just sad bastards who ought to catch some real criminals...I mean, for fucks sake....sad twats or what!

One thing that always confuses me, is that there's loads of custom cars driving about with 6" foot chops (American lead sled type cars), and I wonder if they get pulled or not! Some of those have such small letter-box windscreens, it's ridiculous, certainly a lot smaller window space than on a Nova with a sun-strip.

I can see perfectly well out of mine, and if anything, it's a heck of a lot safer 'cos I don't get blinded by the sun unless it's really low down.

BTW.....at my recent MOT, it wasn't even mentioned.

Anonymous
18-11-01, 12:56 AM
i havent got a T mark on my window, but a m8s mk2 nova has and mine is the same length down the window as the T give or take 1-2mm! the copper even got his ruler and tape measure out, wot a waste of bloody time! nebody else?

Im prob gona take advice from a solicitor in the week

Anonymous
18-11-01, 11:09 AM
u must have the t mark??? espesh if yours has a standerd top tint

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
18-11-01, 07:55 PM
no! i dont have the tint cause my nova is a mark 1, ive fitted a sunstrip to my car but its the same length as the T mark which mk2 novas have, HELP!!?

Anonymous
19-11-01, 08:51 AM
unless you covered the mark up with your sunstrip lol

Anonymous
19-11-01, 09:36 AM
Get some proper legal advice and find out if I where you. The police do get it wrong ..they just dont expect anyone to fight the charges.

Anonymous
19-11-01, 03:45 PM
Will's car doesnt have the mark because he has no graduated tint. We measured it on mine though and its a few mm if anything out.

Rick says: They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most! ...

Which means Johns is going to be much better because hes going to be waiting a hell of a long time!! :P

Anonymous
19-11-01, 04:15 PM
lol he will be the fastest granda ov the lot :)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
20-11-01, 07:10 PM
ne1 else? :(